Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Feds keep saying the states don’t have the power to enforce immigration, because it’s the Fed’s job, but then, the Feds WON’T do it.

The only solution I can think of, currently, is for the states to start requiring a license for darn near EVERYTHING. Want to paint houses? Get a license. Mow lawns?? License. Rent a house?? License. I certainly don’t like the idea of requiring that kind of garbage, but if the Feds won’t enforce the laws, then the states could make it where it’s almost impossible to get a job or get a place to live for people who don’t “qualify” for the licenses (read: you gotta be a legal citizen).

Get caught working without a “license”?? Don’t just fine the worker. Make it a HUGE fine for whoever is employing them. Same for anyone that rents a house/apt to an illegal without their “state license”. Threaten to seize the property.
No, brother

You tell me what else is gonna work, if the Feds aren’t going to do their job (short of civil war) or if the SC won’t remove their heads from their a22es? I don’t like it, either…..

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Hell yeah

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
Biden might be put to the test with his whole you have AR-15, I have F16's horseshit

I'm guessing there would a lot of traffic heading to Texas should Biden try to use force on this.

Biden will talk a big game, make threats, maybe try to pull federal funding - Texas is 3rd in receiving federal funding, Biden has some leverage there if he could pull it off
source: https://smartasset.com/data-studies/states-most-dependent-federal-government-2023

That might happen but if the rest of the nation really wants to help why not pick something out closer to home and wreak havoc. Spread them thin that way. We're branded as home grown terrorist now. Again!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It’s these Border Patrol Agents (LEO) that need to be redneck educated.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
I really hope that if Pres Trump gets back in the White House (I’m dubious as to whether this will be allowed) that he wield federal power against the enemies of this Republic in bold and decisive ways.
I was fully expecting him to do that the first time. It was literally open season on anyone who appeared White and Republican, particularly during the early weeks after Trump won office. I was sure he was going to do something to protect his supporters from that. I was sorely disappointed, however, in that regard.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gunchamp
God bless Texas! Hope they hold their ground. We all need to get involved
Agreed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Feds keep saying the states don’t have the power to enforce immigration, because it’s the Fed’s job, but then, the Feds WON’T do it.

The only solution I can think of, currently, is for the states to start requiring a license for darn near EVERYTHING. Want to paint houses? Get a license. Mow lawns?? License. Rent a house?? License. I certainly don’t like the idea of requiring that kind of garbage, but if the Feds won’t enforce the laws, then the states could make it where it’s almost impossible to get a job or get a place to live for people who don’t “qualify” for the licenses (read: you gotta be a legal citizen to get the state “license”).

Get caught working without a “license”?? Don’t just fine the worker. Make it a HUGE fine for whoever is employing them. Same for anyone that rents a house/apt to an illegal without their “state license”. Threaten to seize the property. Again, states wouldn’t be enforcing “immigration”, but rather, enforcing state “licensure” laws. Make it impossible for these folks to live/function, so they move on to “Blue” states.
Exactly.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
John Roberts says...

And how many divisions does he command?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
[quote=AcesNeights]If Texas put out a call for arms they’d be inundated with patriots who are FED UP WITH THIS BULLSHIT! If the state of Texas told everyone that they called to arms to turn north and run the feds up to Canada the feds would be eating poutine before the weekend….those that made it anyway. This country is sitting on a powder keg and it won’t take much for the Patriots to reclaim what is RIGHTFULLY OURS![/quote

Powder keg indeed. Doesn't take much imagination to envision a clash between Texas and the feds that could lead to shots fired. This might be the excuse Biden & Co. are looking for to impose martial law prior to the election. Or at least declare a national emergency.

Last edited by There_Ya_Go; 01/24/24.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
This might be the excuse Biden & Co. are looking for to impose martial law prior to the election. Or at least declare a national emergency.

They've done everything but..

Might as well see how well that works for them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To be fair SCOTUS said that the feds can cut and remove the razor wire. It said nothing about Texas having to remove it or even ordering it to not put up more.

That said I applaud Texas and Abbot's move to put up more.

Carpe' Scrotum
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Aren't most of the oil refineries in Texas? (Translation: Leverage)

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
This might be the excuse Biden & Co. are looking for to impose martial law prior to the election. Or at least declare a national emergency.

They've done everything but..

Might as well see how well that works for them.
Who was it who said that if you make peaceful revolution (through honest elections) impossible, you make violent revolution inevitable?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Why not install it IN the river- - - -where it's more difficult to cut? Maybe add a few of those welded steel porcupines like the landing craft on D-Day had to deal with?

It worked for the East Germans on the Elbe River. There is still some of it there today..............

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve
To be fair SCOTUS said that the feds can cut and remove the razor wire. It said nothing about Texas having to remove it or even ordering it to not put up more.

That’s the smart move for now. Sooner or later the BP will get tired of removing it. Actually, they’re allegedly short-handed, so may not remove much, or even any.

How about a Go-Fund-Me to buy razor wire for Texas?

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

The only solution I can think of, currently, is for the states to start requiring a license for darn near EVERYTHING. Want to paint houses? Get a license. Mow lawns?? License. Rent a house?? License. I certainly don’t like the idea of requiring that kind of garbage, but if the Feds won’t enforce the laws, then the states could make it where it’s almost impossible to get a job or get a place to live for people who don’t “qualify” for the licenses (read: you gotta be a legal citizen to get the state “license”).

Get caught working without a “license”?? Don’t just fine the worker. Make it a HUGE fine for whoever is employing them. Same for anyone that rents a house/apt to an illegal without their “state license”. Threaten to seize the property. Again, states wouldn’t be enforcing “immigration”, but rather, enforcing state “licensure” laws. Make it impossible for these folks to live/function, so they move on to “Blue” states.

More govt overreach? Please.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348

That’s the smart move for now. Sooner or later the BP will get tired of removing it. Actually, they’re allegedly short-handed, so may not remove much, or even any.

Buy it here: https://colemans.com/u-s-g-razor-wire-concertina-type-50-foot

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348

The useless twats biden, vp and mayorkas have ordered BP to cut down the razorwire. Saw numerous videos of them doing that yesterday.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just so you know. Any business in Texas requires a license. There isn't any enforcement.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
Good for Texas!
INDEED!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 204guy, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,829 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,851
Posts18,496,993
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.