Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
First, I do not like the lady and liked her father even less.

There is a covenant in place which went with the property purchased by the lodge which the airplane was violating and had been.

You would be surprised at the variety of land holdings on property owned prior to statehood.

Covenants that were applicable on navigable waterways of the US?
Navigable is different if you do not own the beach. (from the plane's perspective)

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by johnn
I assume if the plane sightseeing operator broke some "covenants", he would be fined as well.
Covenants are not criminal, that would be civil.
If one breaches a covenant, it could land in court and if guilty, a fine could be levied by the court.

Apparently neither any criminal or civil charges have been filed against the flight service.

Do you know otherwise?

Do you know the specifics of this covenant?

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

There is a covenant in place which went with the property purchased by the lodge which the airplane was violating and had been.

You would be surprised at the variety of land holdings on property owned prior to statehood.

Navigable is different if you do not own the beach. (from the plane's perspective)

More gobbledygook

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

More gobbledygook
gob·ble·dy·gook
[ˈɡäbəldēˌɡo͞ok]
NOUN
INFORMAL
language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense:

Ten words in the definition and yet johnn finds it excessive...

Both brain cells rubbing together as rapidly as possible...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I assume if the plane sightseeing operator broke some "covenants", he would be fined as well.
If one breaches a covenant, it could land in court and if guilty, a fine could be levied by the court.

Apparently neither any criminal or civil charges have been filed against the flight service.

Do you know otherwise?

Missed this somehow.... no, the court cannot fine you for breaking a private covenant.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

More gobbledygook
gob·ble·dy·gook
[ˈɡäbəldēˌɡo͞ok]
NOUN
INFORMAL
language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense:

Ten words in the definition and yet johnn finds it excessive...

Both brain cells rubbing together as rapidly as possible...

More nonsense, typical

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Do you know otherwise?

Missed this somehow.... no, the court cannot fine you for breaking a private covenant.

I don't think thats correct. a covenant breach could go to court and fines levied. Its a tricky application of a covenant IMO.

Do you know the specifics of the covenant?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Do you know otherwise?

I don't think thats correct. a covenant breach could go to court and fines levied. Its a tricky application of a covenant IMO.

Do you know the specifics of the covenant?

The wording of the covenants really matters.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have not read the contract, but understand it says there will be no nonemergency airplane traffic before noon. As I understand it Clem had the property long before Statehood.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
What's the definition of gobbledygook again Sitka?

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The owner of a well-known restaurant in Halibut Cove will spend three months on home confinement for a potentially dangerous encounter in 2022 between a boat she was driving and a nearby flightseeing plane.

Marian Beck, 70, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of gross negligent operation of a vessel during a sentencing hearing in U.S. District Court in Anchorage on Tuesday. A charge of attempted destruction of an aircraft was dismissed as part of a plea agreement after she was originally indicted in January 2023.

During the hearing, Chief U.S. District Judge Timothy Burgess also sentenced Beck to give up her mariner’s license, spend three years on probation, and pay a $9,500 fine. Burgess described the incident as “road rage on the water” and said he hoped the sentence will “send a message that it’s not OK to take things into your own hands.”

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/cri...t-for-steering-boat-close-to-floatplane/

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not the outcome some were hoping for :-) she’s bat [bleep] crazy!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is the mariner's license mentioned? Is that a Coast Guard license for vessels above a certain size/rating, or is that required in Alaska to operate any boat with an engine?

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Commercial use, I guess.

3 months home confinement in Hawaii, or in Alaska, in winter. Her choice.

Dang, that's gonna hurt! smile

Last edited by las; 01/24/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
What is the mariner's license mentioned? Is that a Coast Guard license for vessels above a certain size/rating, or is that required in Alaska to operate any boat with an engine?
Don’t know. My guess is she has a 6-pack license.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They are called Merchant Mariners License from the coast guard and carry whatever rating you might have. Mine is Master to 50 tons.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Don’t know. My guess is she has a 6-pack license.
I believe you are correct.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Maybe a higher level? Was she involved inthe dannyJ?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

To carry passengers for hire (paying passengers)on navigable waters, the Coast Guard requires the captain to hold some level of a captain's licence. A "six pack" license allows them to carry six or fewer passengers. Its formally an Operator of Uninspected Passenger (OUPV) license.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
That seems like a reasonable sentence in this type of case. Somebody could have got killed, but nobody did. The court says she was in the the wrong, fines her 10k, yanks her license and puts her on probation. Saves the expense of a trial; the outcome of which is never certain. Being on probation gives her incentive to stay out of trouble going forward. I’d call that justice.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (06hunter59, 1234, 1936M71, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,528
Posts18,491,150
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.