Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RiverRider
...and for Mr. STRS's benefit, the so-called "supremacy clause" (which has nothing to do with the Tenth Amendment in the first place) does not contradict or nullify the rest of the contents of the document in any way, no matter what you've been led to believe.

Not Really

Last edited by STRSWilson; 01/26/24.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Supremacy is restricted to those areas where exclusive power is delegated to the Federal Government. It doesn't nullify the 10th Amendment, which came later, and thus supersedes it as its clarification.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
I get the fact that the Tenth Amendment is quite clear - States Rights do not supercede Federal Laws.

LOL. Read the 10th one more time. Wait, no---read it for the FIRST time.

Thank you!

I can’t fathom the amount of indoctrination necessary for one to read plain text and interpret it to be a full 180 degrees opposite of what it says.

Astounding.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
I get the fact that the Tenth Amendment is quite clear - States Rights do not supercede Federal Laws.

Thank you!

I can’t fathom the amount of indoctrination necessary for one to read plain text and interpret it to be a full 180 degrees opposite of what it says.

Astounding.
Truly.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I believe they were relying on past judgements especially the judgement Obama got in Arizona when the governor, Brewer I think, attempted to curtail illegal migration and the SC sided with the administration in saying that it's the government's responsibility to protect the borders. They ignored the Constitution then and Barrett and Roberts ignored it now. The court is a minefield that's difficult to navigate. The question and how it's defended are important and the outcome allows for too much personal beliefs to sway consideration on Constitutional grounds. Whatever reason they are dead wrong on their interpretation.
i think the Soros foundation started this mess with the consent of our government long before Trump came to office. Obama was culpable in bringing migrants into America to dilute our society. Since then it has snowballed with many foundations like the Catholic one and even our own government's clandestine operations in South America to transplant people. our society and our culture is being destroyed and it's far past time to put an end to it. The administration has proven it wont.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Read that $2 Billion came from the Federal Gov. somewhere. FEMA for sure, and who knows what other alphabet cartel kicked in. Once you understand that future Justices , DA's and Presidents alike, are all grown like timber tracts, selected and shaped for years to spontaneously appear just perfect at the recommendation of trusted advisors, who know assuredly they are reliable agents of their private designs, it's no surprise how they disappoint the hopeful. Robert's illegally adopted Irish girls has him chained in place for good. Kavanaugh and Barrett are devout Jesuits, a class of conquering sneaks with immense power world wide, and extensive holdings in China. That's the beauty of Democracy!

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rainshot
I believe they were relying on past judgements especially the judgement Obama got in Arizona when the governor, Brewer I think, attempted to curtail illegal migration and the SC sided with the administration in saying that it's the government's responsibility to protect the borders. They ignored the Constitution then and Barrett and Roberts ignored it now. The court is a minefield that's difficult to navigate. The question and how it's defended are important and the outcome allows for too much personal beliefs to sway consideration on Constitutional grounds. Whatever reason they are dead wrong on their interpretation.

i think the Soros foundation started this mess with the consent of our government long before Trump came to office. Obama was culpable in bringing migrants into America to dilute our society. Since then it has snowballed with many foundations like the Catholic one and even our own government's clandestine operations in South America to transplant people. our society and our culture is being destroyed and it's far past time to put an end to it. The administration has proven it wont.

The majority opinion was based on longstanding court rulings that grants the federal government the sole and Constructional authority for border security. If the Texas AG decides to challenge that ruling, he will be arguing against precedent and that's never an easy path.

While I applaud Abbott's efforts, he needs to find another tactic or he needs Congress to do their job. If the stories are true and Trump is exerting pressure on Congress not to act (folks accused Reagan of the same during the Iranian hostage crisis) then the madness will continue until there is a change in command and policy.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
#1 It is our God given right to be secure.

When those whose job it is to secure us (our borders) fail to do so it is our God given right to do it ourselves.

God and only God grants us this right not a person, government or government entity has the right to deny us our security.

We as a free people must however involve ourselves with our own security and freedom when those that should be doing so fail, we can no longer sit on the sidelines doing nothing. We must secure ourselves then remove those that fail to do their jobs, it is that simple and that complex. Otherwise how can we call ourselves free ?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...and for Mr. STRS's benefit, the so-called "supremacy clause" (which has nothing to do with the Tenth Amendment in the first place) does not contradict or nullify the rest of the contents of the document in any way, no matter what you've been led to believe.

Not Really

Yeah, really. Are you truly that lacking in reasoning ability or are you just being obtuse?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Maybe he could get a ten year old to explain it to him.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rainshot

The majority opinion was based on longstanding court rulings that grants the federal government the sole and Constructional authority for border security. If the Texas AG decides to challenge that ruling, he will be arguing against precedent and that's never an easy path.

While I applaud Abbott's efforts, he needs to find another tactic or he needs Congress to do their job. If the stories are true and Trump is exerting pressure on Congress not to act (folks accused Reagan of the same during the Iranian hostage crisis) then the madness will continue until there is a change in command and policy.

Everydamnthing[with some here] boils down to one thing.

Just say it out loud for Pete's Sake: It's Trumps fault!

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
Read that $2 Billion came from the Federal Gov. somewhere. FEMA for sure, and who knows what other alphabet cartel kicked in. Once you understand that future Justices , DA's and Presidents alike, are all grown like timber tracts, selected and shaped for years to spontaneously appear just perfect at the recommendation of trusted advisors, who know assuredly they are reliable agents of their private designs, it's no surprise how they disappoint the hopeful. Robert's illegally adopted Irish girls has him chained in place for good. Kavanaugh and Barrett are devout Jesuits, a class of conquering sneaks with immense power world wide, and extensive holdings in China. That's the beauty of Democracy!
Your words 'grown like timber tracts' are great. I've read up on many politicians whose family lineage goes back a century or more. The family members who don't hold office will be in some type of government position/job. You're right, they're groomed along the way to be part of the cabal.

Originally Posted by okie
#1 It is our God given right to be secure.

When those whose job it is to secure us (our borders) fail to do so it is our God given right to do it ourselves.

God and only God grants us this right not a person, government or government entity has the right to deny us our security.

We as a free people must however involve ourselves with our own security and freedom when those that should be doing so fail, we can no longer sit on the sidelines doing nothing. We must secure ourselves then remove those that fail to do their jobs, it is that simple and that complex. Otherwise how can we call ourselves free ?

Agree..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Riverc
When Trump selected her I knew he made a big mistake.
Women are generally unreliable in such roles.

So, you are saying Roberts is a woman - who knew!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Sprint11
She votes in opposition to your opinion one time and she's a POS?

Opinion you airhead? In opposition to the constitution dipschit.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
No it’s not Trump’s fault. It’s decades of liberal court rulings allowed to stand. Rulings like the Roe decision that murdered millions of babies. Rulings that twist the Constitution into something never envisioned or intended.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Not Really

The Federal Constitution was, at least according to the Federalist Papers, meant specifically to curtail and limit the size and scope of the Federal government by explicitly listing the central government’s powers, outside of which it was forbidden to roam.

The Supremacy Clause and the 10th Amendment do not contradict one another, but delineate where federal powers start/stop and where states rights start/stop.

When thinking through the Constitution, if you have an idea that puts two parts of it at odds, it’s due to your misunderstanding of the text and you ought to go back and re-read it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Not Really

The Federal Constitution was, at least according to the Federalist Papers, meant specifically to curtail and limit the size and scope of the Federal government by explicitly listing the central government’s powers, outside of which it was forbidden to roam.

The Supremacy Clause and the 10th Amendment do not contradict one another, but delineate where federal powers start/stop and where states rights start/stop.

When thinking through the Constitution, if you have an idea that puts two parts of it at odds, it’s due to your misunderstanding of the text and you ought to go back and re-read it.

You're so much nicer than I am. Not that it's a hard thing by any means...LOL.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1minute, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 204guy, 52 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,913
Posts18,498,304
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.