Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I had a pretty good discussion with a Ruger rep at the recent Dallas Safari Club show asking him what is going on with production of the various older models we are not seeing. He advised that Covid slammed their Newport NH facility with staffing still way down. He advised that the facility (machinery/equipment) overall was, well, not in the best of shape. He also advised that they will make a big announcement at the upcoming NRA show. I thanked him for his time and openness. I am thinking maybe a relocation south? We shall see in May.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Tennessee will welcome them with open arms…

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
interesting Ed,

if not a move South, then maybe a reduction in offerings of older designs?

I was looking at their handgun offerings online and they seem to have many that are likely not big sellers in today's world. Many different stock numbers of Bearcats, Single Sixes and such, Blackhawks too.

If it's not profitable for them to keep offering them, maybe we lose some variety?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Valsdad
interesting Ed,

if not a move South, then maybe a reduction in offerings of older designs?

I was looking at their handgun offerings online and they seem to have many that are likely not big sellers in today's world. Many different stock numbers of Bearcats, Single Sixes and such, Blackhawks too.

If it's not profitable for them to keep offering them, maybe we lose some variety?

Geno,

Hard to imagine that being a "big announcement"? We'll see.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
True Ed, we shall know soon I guess.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hopefully they can make it all right and come on back. But I will hold that Bill Ruger assault grudge to my grave. They are the LAST people for us to buy their brand. Even though I do screw up from time to time and buy one. Grins.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Arkansas has been and will be accepting any and all gun and ammo making manufacture’s!

D
D
Dave from NH,

The Newport Facility is going to close by the end of the year.
Ruger told employees, my sister, they will NOT offer transfer to different facilities, a LOT of the "good ole" models are going to be discontinued forever.

$$$$$ that's what it is all about, that and NH is NOT a right to work state.

get the picture.

.458 Winchester Magnum, go big or go home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
I had a pretty good discussion with a Ruger rep at the recent Dallas Safari Club show asking him what is going on with production of the various older models we are not seeing. He advised that Covid slammed their Newport NH facility with staffing still way down. He advised that the facility (machinery/equipment) overall was, well, not in the best of shape. He also advised that they will make a big announcement at the upcoming NRA show. I thanked him for his time and openness. I am thinking maybe a relocation south? We shall see in May.

Ed, what NRA show? Their annual convention in May?

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I didn't get invited.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In other words guns of blue, wood and craftsmanship gone. Plastic, sprayed on finish and robot assembly coming soon. Disposable guns. Might as well send production to China.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by EdM

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 348winchester
In other words guns of blue, wood and craftsmanship gone. Plastic, sprayed on finish and robot assembly coming soon. Disposable guns. Might as well send production to China.
When I look at my 1999 50th Anniversary Catalog and the stable of classics therein and then the ersatz crap they offer now, it's enough to make you weep. Zamak frames? GTFOH!

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I googled & googled some more, & I couldn't come up with anywhere near the models that are made in NH.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by EdM

Sheesh, Brother Paul

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/19098148/2/gun-deals

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, they are in the race to the bottom. Old man Bill is tossing in his grave.

E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

That is not what the rep I spoke with led me to believe. Speculate all you want we will know soon. Oops, this is the doom and gloom 'fire after all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just want some wood/blued Hawkeyes back on the shelf. That’s all. Thanks.

G
G
What does Ruger do in Prescott, AZ? Do they manufacture anything there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 16 invisible), 1,937 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,894
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.