Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
My wife had a bad accident while checking cows on 12/05/23. She went to the emergency room at the local hospital and they took some X-rays and gave her a sling to wear. I didn't get home till 12/9 from a hunt and when I saw how black, blue, and yellow she was I knew it was serious. So on 12/11/23 we went to our local doctor and he sent her for a MRI and then to Macon to a orthopedic trauma surgeon. When we got there they sent her in for another MRI and immediately sent her to the hospital for surgery. Well her insurance wouldn't cover the hospital or surgery before some kind of review and approval. So the surgeon told us to go to the emergency room and they'd approve emergency surgery and scheduled her for surgery on 12/12/23. It was total BS having to sit in the emergency room 10 hours with 5 illegals, 19 negros and 3 other white people, one of which was a mud shark and had a couple of dark kids. So far our share of the emergency room, hospital, surgeon bill maxed out her $7,500 deductible. But this is a new year she's starting on a new deductible so rehab is $50 three times a week. We're blessed to be able to pay income taxes so the illegals, deadbeats and freeloaders can have health care and all the other free BS.

Life is good live it while you can.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sorry to hear. Millions of illegals with no health insurance use the emergency room every day as their free primary care Doctor. You’re often stuck hours because their children with head colds get priority Over Americans with serious injuries pay for expensive health insurance

Last edited by ribka; 01/24/24.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Took you 4 days to get home and then you get assy?

Haha!

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Total bullschit I agree

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Tough break. The system is screwy for sure. Hope she heals up quick

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s not just health insurance the illegals are fugking up.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Welcome to Obamacare. Where your inconvenience is our specialty.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
US Government and Healthcare Insurance Giants have ruined American Healthcare. I work in a local ER and have done ER nursing for about 18 years. System is totally screwed.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Several years ago, thanks to the ACA, our health insurance went from $450/mo to $850/mo! 🤯

We dropped that and started putting $400/mo (cash) in our gun safe.
We have our 😖 Medicare Part A and B. So far, our savings have paid for all our co-pays.....AND we have a good fist full of cash in the safe.
Any time a bill comes in, I immediately call and offer cash payment for a reduced bill.
Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
Lot's of medical offices will cut you some slack for not having to deal with an insurance company.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Several years ago, thanks to the ACA, our health insurance went from $450/mo to $850/mo! 🤯

We dropped that and started putting $400/mo (cash) in our gun safe.
We have our 😖 Medicare Part A and B. So far, our savings have paid for all our co-pays.....AND we have a good fist full of cash in the safe.
Any time a bill comes in, I immediately call and offer cash payment for a reduced bill.
Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
Lot's of medical offices will cut you some slack for not having to deal with an insurance company.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
My retirees' health insurance plan is administered by Cigna. The school system where I worked for 30+ years is a "self-insuror". Their "customer service" phone line is manned by a call center in India. I demand to speak with a representative in America, and if they refuse, I refuse to discuss paying whatever fee they're demanding, or logging onto their "patient portal". The last time my wife tried to pay a bill online, a hacker got to our savings account, and we barely got a $35K wire transfer to a bank in Singapore from happening. Now my response to a request for payment of anything not covered by insurance is "Send me a paper bill, and I'll send you a paper check- - - - -maybe!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
“If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance”.🤬🤬

Last edited by navlav8r; 01/24/24.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
US Government and Healthcare Insurance Giants have ruined American Healthcare. I work in a local ER and have done ER nursing for about 18 years. System is totally screwed.

Investors and the .gov have ruined healthcare.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Grrrr.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I was paying 1,350 a month when The magic keegro was in office, I got out of insurance and paid cash, got into some insurance program and paid 8,500 for my two knee replacement, 3 months apart, so it was in same year, Obongo, ruined this country!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
TrueGrit, I feel your frustration it sucks man.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Angus55
I was paying 1,350 a month when The magic keegro was in office, I got out of insurance and paid cash, got into some insurance program and paid 8,500 for my two knee replacement, 3 months apart, so it was in same year, Obongo, ruined this country!!!

Just paid $3100 for total hip replacement out of our "safe cash"! That would have barely paid 4 months of Obummer's $850/mo insurance.....and there is still cash in the safe!

If EVERYBODY would drop their health insurance and pay cash, healthcare prices would drop dramatically.
BUT....too many people don't have the self control and personal responsibility to make that $400/mo cash deposit to their safe.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I turned 65 last year and had to go on Medicare. Now the government takes $160 a month from my SS for insurance. For some reason my wife is having to pay $35 a month more for her health insurance plan since I went on Medicare. Expenses up $200 a month plus inflation since I turned 65. Getting old sucks and then having to pay more for the privilege really sucks. I tell myself, suck it up azzhole, there's millions on welfare depending on us.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by Angus55

Just paid $3100 for total hip replacement out of our "safe cash"! That would have barely paid 4 months of Obummer's $850/mo insurance.....and there is still cash in the safe!

If EVERYBODY would drop their health insurance and pay cash, healthcare prices would drop dramatically.
BUT....too many people don't have the self control and personal responsibility to make that $400/mo cash deposit to their safe.
You right, but you have to remember some people can't afford to put $400 a month in the safe when they living paycheck to paycheck and that's not enough.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have incredible insurance, free to me except my Part B, with low co-pays and an out-of pocket maximum of $1050 a year, but what others are stuck with thanks to Barry still pisses me off no end, and affects my children.

This year, for the first time, my wife’s pre-Medicare policy through my retirement is going to cost me, as the policy now costs more than the contactual limit on my benefit. Only $110 a month, but it eats up my SS raise and then some. Thankfully, they are taking it out of my bank account every month, the day after they DD my pension, so I don’t have to write a check.

Getting a new 3-D knee in a couple of months. Curious how much that’s gonna actually cost me.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,827
Posts18,496,581
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.