Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The armorer is Thell Reed’s daughter. Thell was a fast draw competitor and an armorer himself. I don’t think the armorer’s negligence absolves Baldwin completely. Especially with him consistently saying (on camera) how much he knows about firearms.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I knew the gun was loaded
But I didn't think he'd kill
Everything exploded and the blood began to spill - Smuggler's Blues

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Baldwin was the producer and “in charge”. Yes, it was someone else’s job to hand him a cold weapon.
Dont lose sight of the fact he cocked the revolver and pointed it at non acting cast member then pulled the trigger. This heinous act had zero to do with the production of the movie.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the gun was an accurate copy of a Colt SAA and loaded with live ammo it could fire without touching the trigger if the half cock and loading notches were worn or broken and the hammer thumbed back and released.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5thShock
If the gun was an accurate copy of a Colt SAA and loaded with live ammo it could fire without touching the trigger if the half cock and loading notches were worn or broken and the hammer thumbed back and released.

But they weren't.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I think he pulled the trigger, thinking it was a checked out and safe gun, but then made up the excuse on the spot that he didn't pull the trigger, and that it just went off by itself.

Actors are in the habit of assuming that the prop masters wouldn't hand them a loaded gun on a movie set. They are not gun people, by and large, which is why prop masters are hired to make sure actors are never given loaded guns.

The party at fault is really the prop master on set, who's hired specifically to maintain a safe environment with firearms on the set that are going to be handled by actors who are to be presumed not to know anything about guns or safe gun handling.

"Mr. Knotts, here's your gun ... now you are going to point it that way and pull the trigger for this shot."

[Linked Image]

He's also a fool by thinking that people who know firearms are going to ever believe that BS.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
In one interview I saw yesterday he said, “i cocked the hammer but I didn’t pull the trigger. The gun just went off.”

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
At the end of the day he was/is an idiot and really needs to pay for his negligence. If you or I accidentally shot and killed someone because of utter dumbness/unsafe gun handling we would find our asses in a very tight wringer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it standard protocol on movie sets to never ever actually point a weapon, even a prop gun, directly at another actor, that directors and cameramen set up the camera angle to merely suggest that act? Dunno, why I'm asking.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by navlav8r
In one interview I saw yesterday he said, “i cocked the hammer but I didn’t pull the trigger. The gun just went off.”
He came up with that on the spot and had to stick with it. Had he had time to give it some thought, he would have realized that the gun can be tested to see if that's possible, or examined to see if the sear shelves on the hammer have sheered off.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
When a cinematographer is working on a pedophile/child for trade sex ring of elite CA POS.
&
You attempted to pimp your teenage daughter to PlayBoy for nude pictorial.
&
You offer your teenage daughter to elite sex orgies.
&
You as the Producer of a low budget movie have the option to take out the cinematographer prior to her release of said documentary naming names.

As a Democrat you KILL or have said person KILLED....ask the Clinton's how the operation works.

Hang the M'[bleep]...POS Baldwin.

Keep 'em in the X Ring,
DAN
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If Baldwin had shot an actor while filming a scripted scene...then it may be different...but he pointed it at a member of the crew, and obviously pulled the trigger with a SAA clone. Rule #1...

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Baldwin should have known better.
His father, a former Marine, and HS teacher and football coach, was also Coach of his HS Rifle Team.

You can almost bet with a Dad like that, he was taught some sort of gun safety.
This ^^^^^^ is my understanding, also.

So - he was, most likely, at least a somewhat trained azzhole - that should have known better.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hes a lying POS.

Blame lies on him and the firearms "expert", whether he intended to or not... His action caused the fatality and injury to another by careless act. He lied after the fact to save his arse.

Why were they shooting live ammo the day prior? How did live ammo end up in the firearm. Lots of issues on the set with actors and staff not being paid. He had allegedly had a argument with the lady he killed day prior?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hes a lying POS.

He is, but he’s got a potential Get Out of Jail Free card. The statie techs that did the initial testing destroyed some parts and those parts have been replaced, supposedly with identical ones, for the follow-up tests.

Sounds like possible reasonable doubt. Only takes one holdout and the jury, not Baldwin will be hung. In no way does it excuse his carelessness, but juries aren’t made up from gun people.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I don't think one thing is gonna happen to Baldwin. after all he's Alex Baldwin, he's rich and famous!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
IMHO it doesn't matter at all if he pulled the trigger or not. It doesn't matter if he knew the gun was loaded or not. He backed the hammer and pointed a gun at someone and killed that person with it. Anyone else in the history of the world would have been held responsible for that act.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RHClark
IMHO it doesn't matter at all if he pulled the trigger or not. It doesn't matter if he knew the gun was loaded or not. He backed the hammer and pointed a gun at someone and killed that person with it. Anyone else in the history of the world would have been held responsible for that act.
Really??

"Mr. Knotts, here's your gun ... now you are going to point it that way and pull the trigger for this shot."

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Notorerity like Baldwin’s can work both ways and in New Mexico I’m not so sure how his reputation will sell. But making an example in a front page case like this will affect the jurors mindset. You can bet his legal team will string this out on the appeals road as long as they can. Not sure how much NM’s local DA can afford in a case like this but if push comes to shove I’d bet there will be some pre-trial bartering trying to strike a deal. If per chance he ends up with room and board at the New Mexico State prison home of the bloodiest riot in prison history. Seriously doubt if he’ll ever breath the same air as the general population though.

Rick

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Baldwin should be charged with third degree murder (which is divided into voluntary manslaughter, and involuntary manslaughter such as reckless homicide and negligent homicide).

The silly notion that the "prop master" is the responsible party, in this case, is nonsense.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DANS40XC
When a cinematographer is working on a pedophile/child for trade sex ring of elite CA POS.
&
You attempted to pimp your teenage daughter to PlayBoy for nude pictorial.
&
You offer your teenage daughter to elite sex orgies.
&
You as the Producer of a low budget movie have the option to take out the cinematographer prior to her release of said documentary naming names.

As a Democrat you KILL or have said person KILLED....ask the Clinton's how the operation works.

Hang the M'[bleep]...POS Baldwin.
I have read that and it might make it to the evidence at trial.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,091
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.