Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I have 2 500 gallon tanks. One for our house and the other for my shop. They were running low the other day so I called to get them filled. I've done this many times and it would almost always be delivered within 3 days. I gave no thought to asking when my propane would be delivered. Monday will be 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. I called 3 different companies the other day asking about lead times and they were all at 3 weeks.

Has anyone experienced waiting this long on propane to be delivered? This is a first for me.

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Funny, I am on an auto-fill plan and my guy is here as I type.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is it 3 weeks due to unavailable product or is it 3 weeks due to everyone needing a refill after a long cold snap (don't know where you are but we're just coming out of a week or so of -0 weather) and you're just last in line?

Me

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Teal
Is it 3 weeks due to unavailable product or is it 3 weeks due to everyone needing a refill after a long cold snap (don't know where you are but we're just coming out of a week or so of -0 weather) and you're just last in line?

They have the propane. It's getting it delivered that's the problem. We live in northeast Missouri and yes we did have a cold spell. I'm sure there were many others in front of me. This year seems odd even to the folks that work in those offices.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Lack of delivery guys seems to be the choke point around here.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Would suggest you get more and larger tanks to get you from summer to summer. When I built the new house, I bought two 1,000 gal tanks, that I own. Not hard to figure usage VS capacity and that a summer buy is cheaper per gal than the winter buy. Plus buying at 800+ gal increments is cheaper per gal.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Last weeks cold snap sent folks around here into a panic.

Gas trucks were on the road late into the evenings.

Not the OP’s situation, but folks will wait to the wedderman says it’s gonna get cold to check their tanks….

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Likewise it blows my mind the amount of people running to the store every storm to buy a shovel or snowblower. It's nys it's not Texas bad winter weather is common

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If a driver has to pull hoses through deep snow and clean a foot of ice off the tank, it slows him down considerably. By day's end, it'll probably slow him down by several deliveries.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
This is always a concern for me…….we try to never allow our 1000 gallon tank to go below 40%. I have several reasons…… trucking, refining/processing, labor issues (another covid bs issue), ect.

Or last but not least…….our government shutting down all utilities in order to establish complete control over “we the people”! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rapier
Would suggest you get more and larger tanks to get you from summer to summer. When I built the new house, I bought two 1,000 gal tanks, that I own. Not hard to figure usage VS capacity and that a summer buy is cheaper per gal than the winter buy. Plus buying at 800+ gal increments is cheaper per gal.

Yes I should bite the bullet and buy 2 1000 gallon tanks. 500 will sometimes get me through a winter but not this year.

J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by memtb
This is always a concern for me…….we try to never allow our 1000 gallon tank to go below 40%. I have several reasons…… trucking, refining/processing, labor issues (another covid bs issue), ect.

Or last but not least…….our government shutting down all utilities in order to establish complete control over “we the people”! memtb

That last part of your post is something that has been on my mind. We have a Vermont Casting woodstove in the house and it will take care of us all winter if we want. My plans are going to include a backup woodstove in the shop before next winter. Fortunately right now is my slow time of year so the shop issue isn't a big concern.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just got mine topped off. Delivered next day I called.

But I only ordered 150 gal. We burn wood. My propane is just for decorative gas logs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Not the OP’s situation, but folks will wait to the wedderman says it’s gonna get cold to check their tanks….

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Same here. Folks wait till the cold front hits before checking their LP supply.

Local LP Dealer I use said he ran out of propane the second day temps fell to 8 degrees at night. 🤪

I always try to get my tanks filled in the summer time.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by memtb

That last part of your post is something that has been on my mind. We have a Vermont Casting woodstove in the house and it will take care of us all winter if we want. My plans are going to include a backup woodstove in the shop before next winter. Fortunately right now is my slow time of year so the shop issue isn't a big concern.

I think that is a very wish move! You may even consider a small (nothing fancy) wood burning stove for cooking. Ya may never need it, much like insurance ……you buy it hoping to never “need” it! 😉 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

….when you’re cousin’s hot but your trailer’s not….PROPANE!!😃

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Recently installed a second 500 gal tank to feed my generator.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well, I'm in "Small Town USA".
LPG deliveries are 3 days max. Mostly 2nd day. A few are same day.

I would do the auto-fill thing, but I only have a 250 gallon tank and only cook and sometimes heat with gas.
A 100 gallon order in May will normally last until October.
Not only would a stop be almost silly for 5 to 10 gallons, I don't want the gas company hitting my bank account unless I know about it. Blame it on my OFS! LOL!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

….when you’re cousin’s hot but your trailer’s not….PROPANE!!😃

Just when you think you're fuqked here comes that big ol truck...PROPANE! grin

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well, I'm in "Small Town USA".
LPG deliveries are 3 days max. Mostly 2nd day. A few are same day.

I would do the auto-fill thing, but I only have a 250 gallon tank and only cook and sometimes heat with gas.
A 100 gallon order in May will normally last until October.
Not only would a stop be almost silly for 5 to 10 gallons, I don't want the gas company hitting my bank account unless I know about it. Blame it on my OFS! LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

735 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10ring1, 77 invisible), 2,994 guests, and 1,534 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,737
Posts18,475,977
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.