Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I found this place by clicking on a link from the hunt america forum. I'm glad that I did!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HG

Sorry I missed your deer hunt post. That was a great story. I guess I need to spend more time reading the important stuff!

eh76

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another Shooters orphan. Wondered where everybody went and then saw a link before it got zapped. I don't post much, but find my way here most days. Like most everyone else, I agree with some, not so much others.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by let_me_in
I don't know what what a 1991 price was, but I'll bet you wish you had it back!...I'll say $200.00, unless you sold it to Jed whistle

LOL, $325... what a maroon I was. Was a steal even then!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Found it by chance, just doing a search for info on something or other.

Very interesting with wide cross section of posters, many who are extremely knowledgeable, many who hardly know which end of the gun to use and many more in between.

Very impressed with many of the more knowledgeable posters and have picked up much in the way of useful tips and info; consider myself pretty knowledgeable, but learned long ago that there are always people out there who know more and have done things I have not and from whom I can learn.

Think highly of info spoken here by Mule Deer & DogZapper which is mucho valuable on certain topics & it's free.....If I don't like it or agree with it, at least I've seen others views.

Lots of dip-schitts too who tend to be mostly humorous but sometimes a bit irritating, so mostly I just IGNORE them.

I'm glad I found it as well as a few select other sites that I use.

MM

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was on a board that was becoming fractured, clannish, and with lots of sniping at the owner.
The owner caved in trying to please everyone.
Then somebody posted a link to this place and I found that I liked it.
I still do, but if the time comes when I don't, I'll just toss my log in the fire and walk off into the darkness without saying godbye.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
Originally Posted by remseven

By the way haven't seen this anywhere, and an important question?

Did you get a deer this year?

Yep....here is the link......

One of the proudest....most exciting moments of my life, really....

HoundGirl

I don't know what I was doing that I missed that post. My belated HUGE CONGRATULATIONS LADY!!!!!!!!

You showed the naysayers in spades as I knew you would.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I don't remember how I got here..I was probably lost.
I'm as new to computers as I am to the 'fire, so I really lucked out finding this place, and you people, so soon.
I hung around because LOTS of the people here knew so much more than I did about rifles and such...and I've been a student all my life. Now I hang out here because EVERYBODY knows so much more than I do.
I've never paid such close attention to world/U.S. news as I do now. And it's pretty cool to read and correspond with so many people from so many backgrounds, and from so many places. Fascinating!

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Tracks
I was on a board that was becoming fractured, clannish, and with lots of sniping at the owner.
The owner caved in trying to please everyone.
Then somebody posted a link to this place and I found that I liked it.

Sounds vaguely familiar....

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was looking for information on Savage 99s and came upon this site. One of the better things to happen to me over the years.

Lots of good folks here.

Sure wish I had acted on the 99s then, when the pickings were much better.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I lurked on a few sites...still do. But the guy (Jim Borden) who built my last rifle turned me on to the place. It's been great, lots of good info and have had a chance to meet some good folks.
Jed and Eviltwin were neighbors until I left town!

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin grinThere goes the neighborhood!! grin grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was looking to trade in a browning a-bolt rifle that I'd bought 15 or so years ago. It has a greenish laminated stock & believe it or not I forgot what they called it, still not quite sure..camo-stalker? Anyway, googling for a value, I'd come across another forum that lead me here. Figured I'd join the fire, chew the fat & tell some lies.

Just read the thread about you getting your first deer HoundGirl, a belated congratulations to ya! Well done :-)

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Lies, lies, surely you jest?????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was basically ordered to learn how to run a computer ( that's still a work in progress), and a word processor ( that's even worse)......

Typing excercises, or hangin' with fellow shooters, rifle loonies, rabid right wing whackos, anarchists......

Hell , that was an easy choice to make.....

One I'll never regret, and I haven't had to hit backspoaece once, while Typoeiqng this.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Was also on the ole "Coffeshop" and went from there to "Huntamerica". Got caught in the "Big Ban Night" over there and decided this would be the next place to hang my hat. wink

Little did I realize just how good this site was until being here awhile. I enjoy just about everything over here but read way, way more than I post. I especially like it when members post pictures because I enjoy seeing the fruits of other's labor and also so I can put a face to a name. smile

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was searching for spring bear info and ran into this place.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Looking into some 6mm loads and this popped up....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was searching "elk hunting advice" and here I wound up!

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was looking for my husband. I thought he was hiding out in some strip joint! grin

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,916 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,688
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.