Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Clarkm Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Medicare pays for it, but must wear glasses for life.
A better lens is available, but $4k/eye out of pocket.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm lined for it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I had both eyes done about 2 years ago. Left eye august and right in September. I can't believe what I was missing. Would do again in a second.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by ndh19
I had both eyes done about 2 years ago. Left eye august and right in September. I can't believe what I was missing. Would do again in a second.

Same here. Everything is much whiter and brighter

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One in 2009 the other in 2010. Great outcome! Safer when my glasses don't fog up in the winter, like right now. -19 this morning but it's 2024 and I need close ups now. Probably at 20/30 so I can drive safely but finally got glasses for "crisping" up one eye. I was at 20/510 back when and needed glasses to find my glasses in the morning.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've have both done in last 2 years. I had distance lens installed & can see great at distance, but need reading glasses up close. I bought bifocals & stepped off a curb I didn't see & almost went down, hell with the bifocals, I just carry reading glasses in my pocket & go "bareback' !!!!!

"not too grumpy"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm looking forward to have it done.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had implants put in back in 2019

My vision is good at distance but I need reading glasses

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Medicare pays for it, but must wear glasses for life.
A better lens is available, but $4k/eye out of pocket.

$2600 for both eyes. I elected the lenses for intermediate distance and long distance as using Walmart readers is not a problem but I don’t even need those for most reading unless it’s really fine print.

There’s several lenses options with varying costs.

It’s an amazing surgery that typically takes about 15 minutes or so and one that changes your quality of life so much for the better.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Double implants here after cataracts, near-sighted almost all my life until the procedure. Life changing, really. When I think of all the years scrounging around a tent looking for glasses, fooling with contacts by a Coleman lantern while bugs crawl in your nose, goofy specs under a protective mask in the military, etc. etc. I could go on and on. Just waking up now and able to see the alarm clock!
If you can at all afford it, get the best.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I just had both done in the last 2 weeks. My vision was always good until the last few years. Only wore reading glasses for close up vision. I cannot believe how much better I can see now. I still need the readers but not as strong as before. I'm still on the eye drops but am so pleased. I can now drive at not and feel unsafe due to the glare from oncoming headlights.
Have a great day.
Jim

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Get a good doctor go through the options and have er done.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I had the multi focal lenses. Don’t need readers, 2800.00 extra for each eye. Money well spent.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by jwleeper
I just had both done in the last 2 weeks. My vision was always good until the last few years. Only wore reading glasses for close up vision. I cannot believe how much better I can see now. I still need the readers but not as strong as before. I'm still on the eye drops but am so pleased. I can now drive at not and feel unsafe due to the glare from oncoming headlights.
Have a great day.
Jim

I had mine done in the last couple of weeks too. 10th and 18th. I'm very pleased with the results. At the aftercare visit on Friday I read the 6/6 (20/20) line on the chart, then the next smaller (6/5) and could get most of the next below that (6/4), with each eye. Pretty bloody excellent really.

I went with single (distance) vision, because according to the advice I received there are compromises with other options which I wasn't prepared to make. I can live with using reading glasses for things like tying hooks/lures/flies on, and other fine work. I don't need them for reading (other than fine print).

I'm still using the drops for a couple of weeks, and not allowed to swim yet, but otherwise all good. I'm glad I had it done.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I go to the eye doctor he says I have cataracts developing. So it is something I will be looking forward to someday.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Prais the Good Lord for modern medical care.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Yes. They make miracles happen

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had mine done about 10 years ago. About five years later I had to get them cleaned. It's done with a lazer. They also zapped a bunch of floaters as well. You hear a slight hum and a light but sharp snapping sound and another floater bites the dust. I'm thinking I'm overdue for that procedure again.
I'll find out the 5th of next month. Only takes about 15 5o 25 minutes depending on how many floaters there are.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon

The way you spell, I'm thinking you need the sx PDQ. wink

If mine get bad I'll have a friend do the Sx.

So far, it appears my method of treating mine has worked for 20 years.

Liposomal Vit C seems to be working.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I’m not far from surgery on my right eye. Dr. said not bad enough yet but will be.

Be interesting to see how my Blue Cross Blue shield Medicare advantage plan covers, what they cover. I probably should get online or call and find our. One good thing about Blue Cross, not to hard to get to some one to talk to.

Thanks, Billy
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.