Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#19144381 01/24/24
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Had one of these years ago. It shot well, built like a tank but for whatever reason it sold or got traded . Looking around the other day I found a holster and 3 mags for one and kinda missed the one I had. Found one on gunsinternational for a pretty good deal I thought. Picked it up from my FFL this evening [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I had one, too. In one of my many moments of stupidity, I sold mine, too. It was an excellent gun. Congrats on the great find!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Same here. I put Hogue grips on it. I did okay with it and sold it to buy a Beretta 92.

How much did you get that one for if you don't mind my asking?

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Had a P94 and stupidly sold it to buy something else I don't remember.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Same here. I put Hogue grips on it. I did okay with it and sold it to buy a Beretta 92.

It was 320 , gun , shipping and transfer

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by coryj
Had a P94 and stupidly sold it to buy something else I don't remember.
We've all got those. Some more than others

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A solid Ruger handgun, I have shot one and liked it a lot. If i found a deal on one I would buy. Those guns were well made. I doubt Ruger got many of them back for repairs.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
They were actually pretty good guns.

I tend to think of them as the .45 that the shooting public tended to forget about, as there were a few other really great .45s that were out on the market about that time (early 90s). It was in a market that had the Glock 21, the S&W 4506, the H&K USP, and the Sig P220. All of which were ultra reliable, well built .45s.

The thing is though, that the Ruger P90 was really a good gun. I put a good number of rounds through them and they always ran. They were not great on the ergonomic side, and their trigger were mushy, but they did exactly what they were supposed to do. They ran, and they ran well. They were not expensive either. Plus I recall shooting a buddies that was really quite accurate. About 2.5" at 25 yards with irons, which I remember at the time was pretty amazing all things considered.

Bottom line is that I would not go out of my way to find one these days, but they are very solid guns, and what I would consider a Tackle Box, ATV, or Tractor type handgun. You could leave it in a compartment on one of those vehicles and know it is likely to work just fine.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
They were actually pretty good guns.

I tend to think of them as the .45 that the shooting public tended to forget about, as there were a few other really great .45s that were out on the market about that time (early 90s). It was in a market that had the Glock 21, the S&W 4506, the H&K USP, and the Sig P220. All of which were ultra reliable, well built .45s.

The thing is though, that the Ruger P90 was really a good gun. I put a good number of rounds through them and they always ran. They were not great on the ergonomic side, and their trigger were mushy, but they did exactly what they were supposed to do. They ran, and they ran well. They were not expensive either. Plus I recall shooting a buddies that was really quite accurate. About 2.5" at 25 yards with irons, which I remember at the time was pretty amazing all things considered.

Bottom line is that I would not go out of my way to find one these days, but they are very solid guns, and what I would consider a Tackle Box, ATV, or Tractor type handgun. You could leave it in a compartment on one of those vehicles and know it is likely to work just fine.
Kinda where I am with this one. It won't be a carry piece unless maybe some hiking. I'm at the point I have everything I need. Just things I like now

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've got one that I've had for about 15 years (got in a trade with some other items) and I'm embarrassed to say that I've never fired the thing. Every time I see a thread about them, it's always positive. The ergos never really impressed me and only kept it for exactly what Mackay describes. I guess I'll need to take it out of the safe and to the range sometime soon.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They were great handguns. Accurate and extremely reliable.
I gave mine to Dad, as he loved it after I let him shoot it

In 1995, I was managing a very large local Gun Store / Pawn Shop when the Antonio Banderas / Selma Hayek movie, “Desperado” came out. Banderas used a pair of Ruger P-90’s in the barroom shootout scene. After that, we could not keep them in stock. Every Mexican that came in the shop wanted to buy one. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I still have mine. Put Hogues on it. Painted the white dots on the rear sight black. Left the white dot on the front sight white. Replaced the mag springs, recoil spring and guide rod. Loaded it with cheap 230gr hp's or ball. Put close at hand in the house or in a pocket with a lanyard in the wilds. Far as I can recall, it's never had a stoppage. Kinda like an ugly old dog that's always faithful.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Troutnut
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

It was 320 , gun , shipping and transfer

I'd call that a score!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like the fast forward lines on that, it will pull you along on your date with destiny...do you feel it Trout?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Have a p345 with me and no it's not a $5500.00 custom but it goes bang everytime and shoots pretty well. Kinda chunky to tote but it's a .45 no it's not 15+1 but it's a .45. Just got some ppu 185 jhp they remind me of the old Speer 200 grain flying ashtrays in appearance. Yes Dave likes a .45.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
A P90 what is the first handgun I ever bought and back then it was probably a few years before I ever got number two…

As such it came to the range with me every time and had a lot of rounds put through it..

i don’t pull it out too often anymore but it always ran like a champ, and I don’t remember it ever giving me a lick of trouble

Last edited by Certifiable; 01/26/24.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1234, 1minute, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,529
Posts18,472,680
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.