Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
1982 mfg. Perazzi SC1 trap 30" tubes choked */** XF/F, that is my best deciphering of perazzi choke markings. If I am missing a photo needed let me know! Any flaws I found are circled in red. No idea on rounds fired as this is out of FIL"s collection. $6000 + actual shipping and insurance. No electronic payment, check or MO only.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
With the shotgun closed can you take a picture of the lever?

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Ken_L
With the shotgun closed can you take a picture of the lever?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thank you

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Up

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Receiver, forend iron and barrel serial numbers match? 2 alpha character date code stamped on the bottom of the mono-block? Removable trigger group?

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Receiver, forend iron and barrel serial numbers match? 2 alpha character date code stamped on the bottom of the mono-block? Removable trigger group?
Yes. XXV is date code. Unknown.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Correction: XXV date code is 1969. I misread date code chart.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
beautiful !!!!!

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
IC B3

S
S
Also known as a "Comp-One" (Comp-1) Perazzi. The trigger group will be removeable, and it will be serialized as well. If desired, push/hold the "safety looking" tang forward 1/4", while firmly gripping/pulling the trigger housing away from the bottom of the receiver. The trigger housing should pivot out of the pocket. NOTE-keep a firm grip on the trigger housing, they can slip out of your hand! LOL If the serial # doesn't match, that's very common. Alot of times, a guy will keep a trigger he's used to when he sells a gun, and include his extra/backup trigger with the sale.

All the Comp-1's I've owned or knew of, originally came with a case-hardened receiver and a small amount of scrolling on each side also. The case hardening would eventually wear off with handling/use, and the receiver would be either re-blued or re-finished in a satin/nickel finish, etc (if the owner cared). Appears your gun doesn't have the scroll work, which is interesting. Majority of these guns were imported by Ithaca, except for a year by Winchester in the late 70's...maybe a handful were brought in by individuals and slipped through, but I believe they "should" have been all imported after the '68 firearms act. The "sister gun" was the MX8, built for the Mexico Olympics in '68, and it too had a case-hardened receiver, but a smidge higher rib and a "scalloped-sided" receiver (vs a flat-slab sided receiver). The MX8 platform is still the work horse of the Perazzi company today. Parts are basically interchangeable between the 2 models, except for generational iterations that have evolved per decade (generally). The Comp-1 never went to CNC like the MX8 did in the 80's, when Perazzi USA became the importer. Not sure, but I'm going to speculate mid-70's was about the end of the Comp-1's?

Trapshooters are notorious "fiddlers", and the easiest item to fiddle with is the barrel(s), followed by the trigger group. As this is 50+ yo gun, I'd encourage you to have the bore/choke mic'd for an accurate measurement of both chokes. The wood has probably been re-finished, which isn't a negative. It has above average figure in the stock for a P-gun. Not positive as the pictures vary a bit, but the wood set may/may-not "match"...only removing the stock and the forearm iron and comparing the #'s would confirm. Again, TS's are fiddlers, and non-matching wood sets are just as common as matching, honestly. I still have one in the safe too. It's a nice representation of the species...GLWS!

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
All numbers match, foreend iron, receiver, trigger group and barrels all marked with same serial number.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nice shotgun, from the looks of the breach face it doesn't look like it has been shot too much. GLWS.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Chokes mic out perfectly, bottom barrel is full at .696" and the top barrel is extra full at .679"

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
up

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Those numbers don't tell you a thing other than the diameter of the end of the barrels.
You need to know the true Bore diameters of the barrels minus the the choke diameters .
Just cause the barrel says it is a 18.4 bore doesn't mean it hasn't had barrel work done through the years.

You need to use a bore guage. Example: .030 is full and .035 to .040 is ext full.
It is a nice older type 3 Perazzi. Good luck with your sale.

Last edited by DLSguide; 01/25/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DLSguide
Those numbers don't tell you a thing other than the diameter of the end of the barrels.
You need to know the true Bore diameters of the barrels minus the the choke diameters .
Just cause the barrel says it is a 18.4 bore doesn't mean it hasn't had barrel work done through the years.

You need to use a bore guage. Example: .030 is full and .035 to .040 is ext full.
It is a nice older type 3 Perazzi. Good luck with your sale.

Agreed.

Side note.... Following this thread closely as I'm a big Perazzi fan. Got 4 in the safe right now - Mirage, 2 MX8s and a MX20.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Are the barrels true 30" long or are they 29.5"? Looks like barrel weight is 1.670 KG. The gun should be quick to a target. And that is why nothing moves like a P-gun. I assume bottom to top firing order on the trigger. Interesting shotgun.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Barrels measure actually closer to 29 and 3/4 in. Yes bottom to top firing order. I'll take it to the gunsmith today to get the chokes measured.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Gunsmith says chokes are spot on full under extra full per his fancy Gage he slid down the tubes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 16 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,588
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.