Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It's probably the best of the Nissans.

But that's like saying the chocolate fountain is the best of Golden Corral.

The Hardbody & Frontier have been great trucks, I've had 4 of them since 86 without any major issue on one of them.

But my experience is limited as I haven't had one made in the past 10 years.

It just shows everybody has different perceptions and preferences.

I've never driven a Nissan truck, mainly because just sitting in the cab, there are things that drive me crazy. Also, in comparison to the comparable Toyota offerings, I choose Toyota and have no regrets.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My best friend had 2 of them. He loved his. I rode in them some and drove them some. I found them hard to drive. I wouldn't buy one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A fishing buddy had an Armada, just the SUV version of the Titan. Had no end of big problems with it. When it finally died altogether - he bought another one.

I don't fish with him any more.

Nissan cars have that notoriously terrible CV transmission, but I don't think the trucks do.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Brother #1 had a Titan and said it was better than the Fords he drove for years. Brother #2 has owned one of everything because he gets major corporate discounts. He liked his Nissan better than the Toyotas he has owned. He's driving an F150 with no complaints. Brother #3 has over 300k on his xterra. He's driven the he'll out of that thing. He did have to replace ball joints and other front end stuff around 250k. A cousin is currently driving a Titan. He has had it three years and says it's his best truck ever (out of Fords, Chevy's, and a Toyota). I've owned nothing but GMC's and three Dodges. Happy with the GMC's. Will never own another Dodge/Ram.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a 2018 Titan SL crew cab 4x4 and it was a good truck. I averaged 17-18mpg mixed driving, it rode better than any other truck I have owned, the interior was nice and it had plenty of power. I only tow a small boat or a lawn mower trailer so I didn't tow any big loads with it. I had zero issues with it and only had to do regular maintenance. I have no idea why they didn't sell better.

IC B2

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
A fishing buddy had an Armada, just the SUV version of the Titan. Had no end of big problems with it. When it finally died altogether - he bought another one.

I don't fish with him any more.

Nissan cars have that notoriously terrible CV transmission, but I don't think the trucks do.

The reason I'm interested in the Titan is because of the Armada. My son had one as his first vehicle and it was a fantastic vehicle. It had like 250K on it but it finally rusted into the ground. We sold it for more than he bought it for. His was a 2004 I believe. The downside was it got like 12mpg.

Last edited by tzone; 01/26/24.

Camp is where you make it.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I drove one yesterday and liked it a lot. Awesome, comfortable interior, plenty of power, and I think it had every option available. Also has a 5yr/100K mile bumper to bumper from the factory. I'm giving it strong consideration.

Camp is where you make it.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'd stay away, Nissans aren't what they used to be, around 2000, quality went down hill. Between me and a few close friends and relatives, we had issues with out frontiers, pathfinders, maximas, and sentras, all 2000 or newer. They used to rank up there with honda as far as dependability, those days are over.

Now, I do have a neighbor with the old Titan with the diesel engine, and its still going strong.

Resale on Nissans arent as good as other brands either.

Last edited by killerv; 01/26/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I have the Frontier, great truck.

Same here. Bought new in 2013, has 130K on it, still going strong. I do have an itch for one of the new ones though.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by AML
Brother #1 had a Titan and said it was better than the Fords he drove for years. Brother #2 has owned one of everything because he gets major corporate discounts. He liked his Nissan better than the Toyotas he has owned. He's driving an F150 with no complaints. Brother #3 has over 300k on his xterra. He's driven the he'll out of that thing. He did have to replace ball joints and other front end stuff around 250k. A cousin is currently driving a Titan. He has had it three years and says it's his best truck ever (out of Fords, Chevy's, and a Toyota). I've owned nothing but GMC's and three Dodges. Happy with the GMC's. Will never own another Dodge/Ram.

I know it is not Titan related, but I have a 2013 Xterra with 260K on it. I have never had a problem with anything so far. I do normal maintenance at 5k miles per oil change. Since it is basically a Frontier, I would assume I would have the same experience. It drives great, has a ton more pick up than my wife's 4runner and doesn't have any of the damn electronics in it that annoy me. I cannot stand the new electronics in vehicles that think they are smarter than I am. I don't need an ever beeping signal telling me my seat belt isn't on. My brother purchased a new Dodge Ram. If the door is open, you cannot put it in to reverse. Meaning if you need to look down the side of the vehicle to back up, you MUST have the door closed. I want to be able to do what I want in my vehicle, not have it telling me how to do things.

I have two members of my church with Titans. They love them.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (35, 308ld, 808outdoors, AdventureBound, Bclark, BangPop, 6 invisible), 1,137 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,686
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.