Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Now ya got one!

After 10 long years, we're getting the McRib back!

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...mroll-the-mcrib-r-is-back-803380453.html

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Eat 50 of them.

10 years is a long time.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I have seen the Hockey Hall of Fame, I don't ever need to go back to Canada with their political atmosphere today.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Canada sucks.

Camp is where you make it.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The border is closed.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Canada sucks.

LMAO

That is what I originally typed but decided to be nice.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've got ice at home- - - - -no need to go anywhere north of Kentucky!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Canada sucks.

LMAO

[bleep] you 2 cucks !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Canada sucks.

LMAO

[bleep] you 2 cucks !

wink

How many toques you wearing to keep that noggin warm today Mate?

Canada in and of itself doesn't suck. The US should have annexed it centuries ago.

The politics up there? Well, that is another matter.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The politics there don't affect daily life a lot - the same as politics here. Canada has nice people, fabulous scenery, incredible fishing, and great food. Wife and I plan to go back in the near future.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, no toques, the last coupla days !

Lows are at about -5*C only, currently -1*C !!!!!!

& no wind, so only light coat, too.

[bleep] global warming !

Last edited by New_2_99s; 01/26/24.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Oh Canada...Canada border cops have 4473 unique information given to them I presume by BATFE that BATFE should not have. And the Kanada Kops use it to the max.
My brother in law has a gold claim near Hyder AK, vehicle access is through Stewart BC, the Kanada Kops grilled him in an isolated room, tore his motorhome apart just before the covid lockdown looking for specific firearms they knew he had purchased in Arizona the previous year.
We live in a police state regardless where the map lines are drawn.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hear-tell Canada is full of Hosers.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The US already burned Toronto to the ground once …
They can keep their McRibs - 🦊

There is room for all of gods creatures ... right next to the mashed potatoes
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Gee , guys, I have thought of buying land up in NW Ont. This way I can hunt bears and calf moose without a guide. Only bene there 4 times , but never had a problem. Now days , I dont think I want to risk buying land in a country that might tell me I cant enter till I get a shot . .. Still like it there.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was in Canada summer of 49, not five years old.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
No thinks

SPK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ihookem
Gee , guys, I have thought of buying land up in NW Ont. This way I can hunt bears and calf moose without a guide. Only bene there 4 times , but never had a problem. Now days , I dont think I want to risk buying land in a country that might tell me I cant enter till I get a shot . .. Still like it there.
Aw, don't let 'em scare you. I fish every summer up in North Bay with my uncle-in-law, and the people are great. Probably a gazillion lakes within 1 1/2 - 2 hours from his house. Seems alot of the small town folks smoke though....still can't get used to that....

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by SPK
Originally Posted by ihookem
Aw, don't let 'em scare you. I fish every summer up in North Bay with my uncle-in-law, and the people are great. Probably a gazillion lakes within 1 1/2 - 2 hours from his house. Seems alot of the small town folks smoke though....still can't get used to that....

I know it's good , but I am not sure buying land would be a good idea. Does anyone here that live in the States own land in Canada? Wabbi?

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Canada sucks.

LMAO

[bleep] you 2 cucks !

wink

How many toques you wearing to keep that noggin warm today Mate?

Canada in and of itself doesn't suck. The US should have annexed it centuries ago.

The politics up there? Well, that is another matter.

Valsdad;
Good afternoon to you Geno, I hope you're all getting a wee bit of a reprieve in the cold as we are up here and that you're all well.

It might or conversely might not at all, surprise you to know that there were plans in the works following the US Civil War to do that.

The Secretary of State at the time William Seward was all for it, was likely if not aware, was involved in some of the planning and arming of the Fenians who did invade - a few times actually.

Here's the Wiki version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_raids

All this was going on while there was a strong movement afoot in Britain called the "Little England" movement where some MPs and Lords were urging the Crown and Parliament to shrink the British Empire so that the sun could actually set.

In a couple of the Fenian engagements, they were turned back by armed civilian militia by the way, which of course flies in the face of all revisionist Canadian historians, but I digress.

There were a few reasons why it never happened actually and someday over a coffee I'd love to articulate why I believe that happened.

Again in the early 1870's, US whisky traders more or less invaded and took over what is now southern Alberta for a bit, but the then new NWMP shut them down promptly and in so doing actually earned the respect and to some degree allegiance of the Blackfoot Confederacy who were most affected by that whisky trade.

When the many gold rushes took place here in our part of BC, many if not most of the miners were American, but many were quite happy with the British judicial system in place here.

As one US rancher told a ranch hand who was also a US citizen, on the run from US law and hiding up here, "You'd better behave because up here, you only get one chance and they'll hang you for what you've done down there".

This chap didn't take the advice however Geno, killed a fellow cowboy on the ranch north of me near Kamloops, escaped into the states but made the mistake of bringing a herd of horses up to the coast for auction, where he was picked up in a bar by a BC Provincial Policeman, faced trial and as his boss predicted, was hung in the yard at the New West pen.

Anyways that little story to illustrate there were always similarities, but always subtle and not so subtle differences too.

We're not perfect by a long shot and I suspect that anyone who's ready anything I've ever typed knows I'm not pleased with our current political situation.

That said though Geno, I'm betting you're not any more thrilled with the Potomac Elite than I am with our Laurentian Elite who both want total control of our every move.

All the best to you all this weekend sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 3,031 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,231
Posts18,485,667
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.