Campfire Outfitter
E
I thought she was a lent licker

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
RIP Melanine.

She walked on stage at Woodstock an unknown and walked off the stage as a star. Her mother drove her to Woodstock to perform, a performance she never got paid for. She wrote the song Lay Down about Woodstock and the song became the anthem for 500k of Woodstock, a powerful song considering the subject and the teen that wrote it and sang it. New Key was written by a teenage girl. Melanie from NY had been performing locally and writing songs since she was 5.

She walked away from the music scene and moved to TN to live with her husband and three children.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Yep Brand new key.

Young folks prolly never saw a skate key, but we boomers might understand the song.

Roller skate girl on Boogie Nights was cool…

She had real skillz
Wasn’t that a song about wanting to phuc her neighborhood boyfriend at 14 years old?

Yep.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
she was a libertarian....often that is what a conservative says when surrounded with leftists.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Valsdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep Brand new key.

Young folks prolly never saw a skate key, but we boomers might understand the song.

Sure enough was

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Wasn’t that a song about wanting to phuc her neighborhood boyfriend at 14 years old?

Yep.
Then again......................Not according to Melanie who wrote it. It's the result of having fasted for 27 on nothing but distilled water and what came after;

Melanie: It comes out in a lot of songs. I was on a fast and a vegetarian previously. I wasn’t doing well as a vegetarian. I kept getting ill and colds and so I went to a fasting guru, Bernard Jenson. He was in Escondido, California and I was in New Jersey. I flew out and I had a big concert at Carnegie Hall and I couldn’t be sick. I was getting a cold. He said, “Come out and we will put you on a fast.” So I did and was on a fast for 27 days on nothing but distilled water, and it had to be distilled water so you didn’t get any extra minerals or anything. I was seeing God, and I didn’t really want to stop the fast. There are so many different opinions of fasting and so many different weird diet things. Anyways, I was looking for my perfect diet and solution and again, I had been a vegetarian and wasn’t doing well. On the 27th day, he said, “Melanie, I think it’s time to stop the fast.” I said, “No! I am starting to get visions!”

BH: I bet you were! (Laughing)

Melanie: I had an experience with a mountain lion because we were in Escondido in the hills and I had this actual moment when I was looking at a mountain lion and thinking, ‘Wow! Isn’t he beautiful?

BH: That’s probably why he didn’t attack you, because you didn’t act afraid.

Melanie: Probably. I was just so not afraid. I was cleansed. I went back after Dr. Jenson said that my perfect diet would occur to me. He suggested that I eat meat because my blood type was O. I was like, “What!? Meat? No!” (He said, “At least, maybe once a week, because it will help ground you.”

I stopped the fast gradually by eating partially cooked grated carrot and zucchini. I did this for a few days and then I was on my way to a flea market...I came back with a big bag full of crazy stuff and I was hungry! We were passing something and I smelled this aroma. Dr. Jenson said it would occur to me, that I would know. I looked over and it was a McDonalds. This was the truth!

BH: By the way, McDonalds was pretty new then.Melanie: It was very new. Just that scent of rancid grease, I don’t know what it was, but we pulled in and I got one of those combos and no sooner than had I finished the last bite of burger, that I wrote “Brand New Key.” It just came into my head. I had one of those little practice guitars in the van with me and when my husband, who was a record producer, heard me singing, he said, “What’s that?” And I said, “Oh, some silly song. I’m just playing around.” He said, “No, no--do that part again!” And I did, and he said, “Melanie, that’s a hit!” And I said, “A hit? No! If that’s a hit, I am doomed to be cute for the rest of my life.” And that is exactly what happened!

But, maybe she was lying

https://www.tennessean.com/story/en...-song-melanies-brand-new-key/7880634002/

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Dam 27 days

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Dam 27 days
Maybe she could have added some input to the fasting thread here?

Like don't try it for 27 with only distilled water................unless you want to see God and some other hallucinations? And get cravings for MickeyD's?

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RIP Melanie, Those Were The Days

GOA
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
uhhhh duhhrrrr, peach chobbler

Can someone play some caren carpenter?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah...................NO

this is a Melanie thread.

In it is contentment

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Raeford
Yep Brand new key.

She had real skillz

Well I dreamt about being the neighborhood boy

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
She had been battling illness, but the particulars are unrevealed as yet.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
RIP. Young people should remain young.

Ain’t that the truth . What a different world now than then

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

374 members (17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 1936M71, 16gage, 38 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,146
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.