Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
For all the NRA haters that claimed they wouldn’t support the NRA until LaPierre was gone, I spoke to Philip Schreier today, a NRA museum director in Fairfax, Virginia. He was accompanied by Garry James, who many of you should know from his years writing for Guns and Ammo and The American Riflemen. Garry is now in Virginia working for the NRA.

I asked Phil what he thought about Wayne LaPierre and he didn’t seem interested in discussing the situation. When he realized that I knew Garry and we talked about guns and his friendship with Mike Venturino, Phil became more engaged. He told me that it will be settled in court and within 6 months there should be something different in the future of the NRA…

LaPierre is gone, all you dissatisfied members that said you weren’t supporting the NRA until LaPierre was gon, well now he is, time to quit bitching and get behind the NRA…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When the bylaws are changed, I'll consider it. Until then, nope. GOA, SAF, and TSRA get any money I care to donate to the cause.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
NRA lost a lot of ground on several fronts. No shortage of opportunities to add value yet nothing.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Gonna have to be repentance & contrition for me to believe.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The NRA has been the boogie man for all of the left of center gun hating groups since forever. The NRA has taken the brunt of the slings and arrows of the haters. Along with the sins of the NRA staff, especially Wayne the focus of the gun haters has been on the NRA. That has allowed some of the other 2nd Amendment rights organizations to grow and take on some of the cases formerly done by the NRA. I don't see this as a downside. Those groups got to sneak in and win some important cases before the political left knew what hit them. They were so focused on the NRA and their issues they got blindsided.

I agree with Shrapnel. It's time to stop the belly aching and complaining. You got your wish, Wayne is going to get his comeuppance. Meanwhile, instead of one 2nd Amendment firearm rights group, we have several. Now is the time for those groups to at least talk back and forth and get on the same page for a head on attack of the political left.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The board members who sent him off with 17 MILLION DOLLARS of the members money are still there and still in power----- and doing things against the rank and file members as they have so many times in the past..

But the NRA board wants everyone to "just forget it all" and "let bygones be bygones"

(even though the abuse is NOT gone)

The 2nd Amendment Foundation and GOA are both far better organizations.

Last edited by szihn; 01/26/24.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
FOOK THE NRA AND BILL RUGER TOO.

Thank The Lord for imr4064!
-I don't always run a hoe; but when I do I hit the pipe
Bergara sidekick .223 wylde
Bergara B14 ridge 6.5 creedmoor
Ruger 57
Dead air Sandman L
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by szihn
The board members who sent him off with 17 MILLION DOLLARS of the members money are still there and still in power----- and doing things against the rank and file members as they have so many times in the past..

But the NRA board wants everyone to "just forget it all" and "let bygones be bygones"

This.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F(_)CK the NRA... it's been sheit tier since before I was born, and still will be because it's a bureaucracy of booosheit. F(_)CK IndyCa35 T00!!

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I apparently never stopped sending my dues in.

I guess the old woman sends them a check every year.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kwg020
The NRA has been the boogie man for all of the left of center gun hating groups since forever. The NRA has taken the brunt of the slings and arrows of the haters. Along with the sins of the NRA staff, especially Wayne the focus of the gun haters has been on the NRA. That has allowed some of the other 2nd Amendment rights organizations to grow and take on some of the cases formerly done by the NRA. I don't see this as a downside. Those groups got to sneak in and win some important cases before the political left knew what hit them. They were so focused on the NRA and their issues they got blindsided.

I agree with Shrapnel. It's time to stop the belly aching and complaining. You got your wish, Wayne is going to get his comeuppance. Meanwhile, instead of one 2nd Amendment firearm rights group, we have several. Now is the time for those groups to at least talk back and forth and get on the same page for a head on attack of the political left.

kwg

So...you're okay with the BoD deciding who can be on the nominating committee, and the nominating committee deciding who can be on the ballot for BoD. Do you not recognize a circle jerk when you see one? Do you not understand that they're just using the "defense" of the Second Amendment as a way to have a nice, cushy job?

Send your money if you like. Each day that passes I am more tempted to wipe my ass with my Life Membership certificate and send it back to them. They are no more on my side than the DNC or RNC, and they ain't on YOUR side either.

Geeze...I wonder why folks can't see through this bullshit.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I’ll pony up as I continue to see good decisions made by the organization. I work my butt off for the NRA Foundation. Different mission all together.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I’ve been a member for 40 years, benefactor for 12 or 13, why does anybody have to back or believe anything NRA says or does until they step out and take on multiple fronts to prove they are willing to win at no cost, and fix some of the lawsuits they lost in last twenty, shut up and prove it, never donate a penny until they walk the talk.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

So...you're okay with the BoD deciding who can be on the nominating committee, and the nominating committee deciding who can be on the ballot for BoD. Do you not recognize a circle jerk when you see one? Do you not understand that they're just using the "defense" of the Second Amendment as a way to have a nice, cushy job?

Send your money if you like. Each day that passes I am more tempted to wipe my ass with my Life Membership certificate and send it back to them. They are no more on my side than the DNC or RNC, and they ain't on YOUR side either.

Geeze...I wonder why folks can't see through this bullshit.

I don't believe I ever said the NRA was perfect now or in the past. I have renewed my membership every year. I have no issues with anyone else doing what they think is right. I'm doing what I think is right. You do you and I will do me.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
For all the NRA haters that claimed they wouldn’t support the NRA until LaPierre was gone, I spoke to Philip Schreier today, a NRA museum director in Fairfax, Virginia. He was accompanied by Garry James, who many of you should know from his years writing for Guns and Ammo and The American Riflemen. Garry is now in Virginia working for the NRA.

I asked Phil what he thought about Wayne LaPierre and he didn’t seem interested in discussing the situation. When he realized that I knew Garry and we talked about guns and his friendship with Mike Venturino, Phil became more engaged. He told me that it will be settled in court and within 6 months there should be something different in the future of the NRA…

LaPierre is gone, all you dissatisfied members that said you weren’t supporting the NRA until LaPierre was gon, well now he is, time to quit bitching and get behind the NRA…

Shrapnel is right.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ll join again! I’ll wait until the dust settles and the court has its say but I don’t hate the NRA, I HATE abuse by any and ALL non-profits because it’s theft and a breach of trust. If the BoD is smart they’ll set some extremely reasonable limits…. If they need a template they should look to the Red Cross and do BETTER, not worse for their members.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
I agree with shrapnel post.

Throughout this NRA attack by the libs of ny, and the internal corruption, I sent my annual dues in.

I support GOA too with an annual check.

Can't hurt.

GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by paguy
Originally Posted by szihn

This.

100% correct. The NRA board paid WLP millions in salary. The NRA board gave him a nearly unlimited expense account. The NRA board gave him 17 MILLION as a parting gift. The NRA board members are grifters of the highest magnitude. They are a cancer that continues to live within the organization.

I am a Patron Level Life Member. I have given thousands and thousands to the NRA--during a time when my wife and I were raising 4 daughters. We didn't have have a lot of extra money, but we gave anyway. And you know what? WLP spent my money on high-priced suits, vacations, and hotel suites.

To say it's time to "quit bitching" about the NRA in its current state is a slap in the face to all the donors and shows no lack of understanding of the problem. Shame on you.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
WLP isn't the only one in the NRA who should be walking around in an Orange jump suit, he couldn't have gotten by with what he did without other board members being all in, or looking the other way. The NRA needs cleaned up. Waynes puppets need gone and the by laws changed, so the same things that have happened won't happen again.

Chris Cox was shown the door about the same time as North. I haven't heard his name being tossed around as someone coming back to straighten things out.

Until the NRA is cleaned up, it's either GOA, or giving a state assn a donation.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I agree with Shrapnel too but also want some contrition and reorganization. Bylaws put in place to prevent recidivism.

NRA Life Member
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 78 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,961
Posts18,480,557
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.