Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by KFWA
how long do schools keep a diesel bus in service? Over 200K miles?

You really need to look at life-cycle costs.

A grant (i.e. other taxpayers) payed 85% of the initial capital cost. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

The #'s they report are far from factual, as a matter of fact they are outright lies. but then again they lie to push their agenda on everything they do.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How many here are still running their horseless carriages? Or their ones with horses? Model T's?

We no longer have to go around front and crank the handle to get the car started.

Someone mentioned the carb v injection issue

And yet we have some here who seem to be against using EV's that will further the progress made in technology of...........................EV's. confused confused

OK, let's complain about the "subsidies"....................which exist everywhere for just about every goldarn thing. Do we get a line item veto on our taxes for stuff we don't think we should have to pay for? Now, THAT would be cool. I can see some real use in that.

I don't like ethanol in my gasoline...............no corn subsidies.

I don't have kids..............don't put ANY of my tax contributions in the Dept of Education account.

Don't like war........................no tax breaks for McDonnell Douglas and others.

I do like hunting and fishing on public ground, so put a good chunk of my taxes into some fund to buy up ranches in TX so I can go visit friends and hunt for free.

The technology available for use by humans has changed substantially over the years. It's continuing to do so and is going to do so again........assuming human life continues in the distant future.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
How many here are still running their horseless carriages? Or their ones with horses? Model T's?

We no longer have to go around front and crank the handle to get the car started.

And yet we have some here who seem to be against using EV's that will further the progress made in technology of...........................EV's. confused confused

OK, let's complain about the "subsidies"....................which exist everywhere for just about every goldarn thing. Do we get a line item veto on our taxes for stuff we don't think we should have to pay for? Now, THAT would be cool. I can see some real use in that.

I don't have kids..............don't put ANY of my tax contributions in the Dept of Education account.

Don't like war........................no tax breaks for McDonnell Douglas and others.

I do like hunting and fishing on public ground, so put a good chunk of my taxes into some fund to buy up ranches in TX so I can go visit friends and hunt for free.

The technology available for use by humans has changed substantially over the years. It's continuing to do so and is going to do so again........assuming human life continues in the distant future.
Oh, brother

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

How obtuse!

Hahaha!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

How obtuse!

Hahaha!

What, you still have an old crank handle starter vehicle around the place???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I wish, damn thing would be worth more than my Hilux. Have you seen what nice examples of old cars are going for?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The grass is greener, the sky bluer and the water is crystal clear thanks to a lib or two in Havre and the magic bus..... woohoo smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I wish, damn thing would be worth more than my Hilux. Have you seen what nice examples of old cars are going for?
Jeebus, I just wish I had my first car that was made in the 50's. It's worth way more than the $150 I paid for it.

In it is contentment

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
The grass is greener, the sky bluer and the water is crystal clear thanks to a lib or two in Havre and the magic bus..... woohoo smile

I don't care how much I they pay. Too much, Magic Bus

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

How obtuse!

Hahaha!

Nope.

I am terrified of everything so I just use horses now for everything.

Actually...the way I figure...I have been totally wrong about 3 specific technology advancements in the past.

Power steering on 4 wheelers, net wrap on round baler, and batt op power tools.

Not going to make the same mistake again.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

How obtuse!

Hahaha!

Nope.

Actually...the way I figure...I have been totally wrong about 3 specific technology advancements in the past.

Two of the three I can go with.

When they make edible net wrap for the round bails, just drop them in the field, I'll be happy but I am not a fan of plastic for all things modern.

And yeah, I really like the modern battery tools. That first 9v Craftsman power drill/driver was mostly useless. I could get more done with a brace and bit than that thing.

Oh I do like fuel injection over carbs too. wink

In it is contentment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Electric vehicles, wind power and solar power are all works in progress. Nothing wrong with that. My issue is the federal government subsidizing these industries by providing tax breaks, grants and other benefits at taxpayer expense. Totally unconstitutional. Let them succeed or fail on their own.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
But the trillions spent on behalf of the oil companies is okay?

Is maybe alternative energy not patriotic enough because we haven't as of yet killed thousands of marines and soldiers for it?

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

How obtuse!

Hahaha!

Nope.

When they make edible net wrap for the round bails, just drop them in the field, I'll be happy but I am not a fan of plastic for all things modern.

And yeah, I really like the modern battery tools. That first 9v Craftsman power drill/driver was mostly useless. I could get more done with a brace and bit than that thing.

I miss 'points'.......

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Actually Jim the trillions spent on oil companies, farm subsidies and all the other unconstitutional crap is not okay. Likewise the money spent on foreign aid and NGOs bringing in illegals is not okay either. Probably 95% of the federal government is not constitutional. But we weren’t talking about all that, we were talking about electric school buses.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

How obtuse!

Hahaha!

I can't believe Geno used foul language and said "goldarn." What's the world coming to?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 45_100
Actually Jim the trillions spent on oil companies, farm subsidies and all the other unconstitutional crap is not okay. Likewise the money spent on foreign aid and NGOs bringing in illegals is not okay either. Probably 95% of the federal government is not constitutional. But we weren’t talking about all that, we were talking about electric school buses.

You can't pick and choose.

Should we be looking at electric school buses? Yes.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I don't think there should be sun spots.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
During the early days of our Republic, New York state saw that the existing ways of moving goods from the Great Lakes to lower New York state was outdated and inefficient. The State financed the building of the Erie Canal. This opened up more efficient trade with the Great Lakes region to New York, turning New York into and economic giant.

During the last half of the 19th century the Federal Government saw that carting goods around the western half of the United States with oxen or horses was not going to cut it in the future. They offered land grants and other incentives to individuals and corporations to use as collateral to sell bonds and finance the railroads that were to serve the west. The development of the west would have been much slower without the Federal Government directing the build-out of this transportation infrastructure.

There used to be two ways to get shipped from anyplace on the Atlantic Ocean to anyplace on the Pacific Ocean. One was to sail all the way around the tip of South America. The other was to ship goods to Central America unload the goods, move them across the isthmus over land, reload on another boat to continue the journey. Teddy Roosevelt saw this as a loser way do move goods and picked a winning way to do it by building the Panama Canal.

In the early 1900's the internal combustion engine was becoming a mature technology and started to out compete horses and steam power for many things including personal transportation and light freight. Unfortunately most of the road system in the United States were dirt roads filled with potholes, nasty ruts and such. Fine for slow horses and horse carts, but it didn't take advantage of the automobile's increased speed potential. The roads were simply designed to poorly for the new internal combustion engine way of transport. The Government decided that horses where to be the losers and redesigned our road system, paving and making other improvements, solely for the advantage of cars and trucks.

While we are on the subject of internal combustion engines. Powered flight was not possible until they were developed. The the Wright Brothers put one of these new engines on a couple of wings and boom, another mode of transportation came into being. Governments around the United States started building airports for this new means of getting around. Air travel would eventually take over much of long range transportation that is time sensitive as a result. Government subsidized air transport with airports or it would have lagged way behind in its development.

To say Government has no place in directing the direction of our transportation infrastructure, and therefore choose between who wins and who loses, is to deny basically a couple hundred year of U.S. history. It also does not understand the way this country was build and became such an economic power. There is nothing in Constitution that forbids it. In fact, enabling the Federal Government more power, power that would enable it to take on the requirements of building a nation, was one of the main reasons the old Articles of Confederation were discarded and a new Constitution was written giving the Federal Government more power than the Continental Congress had. (Hamilton won, Jefferson lost, we live in Hamilton's America now.)

The move to electrify our transportation by the Federal Government is just the latest in a long line of upgrades to our transportation system the Federal, local and regional governments have been doing since this country was founded. It may be a wise move or an unwise move, but it does fit within the traditional and constitutional role of American government.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Nope.

I miss 'points'.......

I bet, Bias ply tires, vacuum wipers and such too I bet.

Hell, I still have a timing light..............and no use for it..................but I got one!

In it is contentment

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 11 invisible), 1,734 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,972
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.