Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I went through a period in College where I would Binge drink at parties a lot of booze.. Then woke up one day and decided it just made me feel like crap. Didn't drink much at all from about my mid 20's to mid 40's. Now I will drink maybe a couple of beers on the weekends unless im hanging out with friends, then maybe 4 or 5 beers. Just don't like the hangovers..

I don't think I've ever been the person though to peer pressure someone else to drink, or the one to initiate the party or make someone else feel bad if they aren't drinking. I'm not really aggressive in that way..I don't really care, and can live with it or without it.

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 01/29/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
both my dad and brother died from smoking and drinking, i go through my genealogy list and now see many who have died from liver cancer. i drank heavy from 16to 20 then quit both smokes and boose. THank God..I can go into a pub or party and have one and thats it.

I have had a drink pored over me because i refused to drink with the boys on a construction site. o well .

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by RUM7
Dang, people who don't drink sure like to talk about not drinking.

No kidding lol

Look at me look at me

Maybe.

It would take an extensive study to figure out who talks more.
Those saying they don't drink, or those talking about alcohol/drinking/ getting screwed up.

Pretty sure the drinkers are way out there in the lead.

How many "What aren't you drinking" threads are there. Even this one isn't growing very fast.

How often have you heard a long story starting with,
"I was at XXX and didn't drink".

Your perception illustrates what myself and others have said,
Drinkers hate it when someone won't, or stops "early".

Personally, IDGAS.
It's sad to see folks consumed by alcohol, but it's their choice/burden.
The list of vices/faults is long, we all have a few.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The world is a better place when I don't drink.

Why?

I don't need any help being more stupid, and I don't have an off switch.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
My time in the Navy can be described as TAD, traveling around drunk, mostly on bourbon but beer was a regular friend too, although I never grew to like beer at all. After my discharge it would take longer and longer to get over a hangover. Decided I didn’t like that very much and mostly quit completely. An occasional beer with friends was ok but I avoided liquor all together. Over last few years I’ve figured out I can have a mixed drink or even two and crawl all the way to the bottom of the bottle.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The biggest lie about drinking is they just like the taste, but if you took the alcohol out of it and sold it, liquor would not sell…
I like the taste of some alcohol. But I am totally with you on alcohol out of beer vs flavor. There are very few beers that are worth the effort.

That said I'm thankful that we have never gone extreme on about anything other than hunting and service rifle shooting.

I would hate to feel the need to be drinking or smoking etc... to excess.

I'd have to say its not addicting too for some, at least for us.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Some people have a difficult time saying "no, thank you though" vs " yes, I'll have another". Life is all about choices.... Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by wabigoon
When I was "egged, unto taking a cigarette, I crushed it, and threw it away, End of that! laugh
I wish I had done that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If he started screaming he’d be a black Sam Kinnison

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
If I ever drink a beer I mix it half and half with lemonade, and only drink the one beer and an equal sized lemonade.
Doesn't even give me a buzz...

No shit?? Hard to believe.

What a clam.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by reivertom
That's me! I've lived it for 66 years. I could always tell when my buddies were planning to party hard and get drunk....they wouldn't invite me to go. I was like their conscience sitting next to them.

No, you were a buzzkill sitting next to them.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by reivertom
That's me! I've lived it for 66 years. I could always tell when my buddies were planning to party hard and get drunk....they wouldn't invite me to go. I was like their conscience sitting next to them.

A drunk can't stand a non-drinker!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Except it's not funny.
I've come close to fighting friends over it.

Either I refuse to drink, or have my 1 and stop. They get offended and belligerent,
"You too good to drink with me now?"

You called it perfect,
guilty conscience wants accomplices.

Nonsense. They don't have any guilt, they just don't want you around to harsh their mellow. This isn't complicated.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 01/29/24.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Take it and dump it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
This subject is close to home, Dad drank he’s self to death at 35, One Grandpa drank he whole life, still did into 90’s, I started sneaking Coors at 8, but really only drank about 50 years, we drank beer in HS, a lot of kegs in college, we had kegs in refrigerators in our football dorm rooms. I worked hard my whole life but never drank during week, but on weekends hard, retired at young age, so allowed me to drank anytime, a 30 pack could be drank daily. I always knew I could stop anytime I wanted but just liked beer, still worked on Ranch every day, even hungover, at 61 I set down and thought about my life and told myself the truth about failed marriages, homes and cars, toys lost, strife with my sons over things. I had 8 thirty packs in man cave refrigerator’s , and said today is the day I will never take another drink for the rest of my life, called every neighbor up that would take beer and it was over Period!! I have made seven years with no regrets or thoughts of beer at all, no body has ever said anything about me be around while they drink, I still laugh and party with son’s friends, hunters here at ranch or at bars to visit other Ranchers to get local scoop, I realized what I was hooked on was moving my hand to my mouth, just a habit. I have no guilt for quitting, and I’m hangover free.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I enjoy an almost daily drink or two with no apologies.

If you don't that's fine as well.

FJB & FJT
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The world is a better place when I don't drink.

yes and no a couple of cold beers makes most of us jolly , Whiskey or Tarzan juice makes most of us mean , we think we are tuff and cause fights and problems. i will stick with cold beer,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Raeford
I enjoy an almost daily drink or two with no apologies.

If you don't that's fine as well.

Me too. I've had a couple bouts w/A-Fib and a hangover/overindulgence can be a big trigger, so, I've learned when to quit, and I do. Co-Workers I don't see often are probably the worst about trying to goad me into more and I tell them flat out why I won't and that's typically the end of it.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 61 invisible), 2,102 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,487
Posts18,508,987
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.