Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I get it, I really do. This would likely eliminate 90+% of the construction labor force here in the Carolinas. Seriously, there are very few black and white guys on the job site anymore. This certainly does need to happen, though.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ever heard of cash? Labor shortage where nobody but Latinos of some stripe will do anything? My model employee of 14 years was illegal as all get out and I didn't know, on the books and all. The government wants them here. Or whoever owns the government wants them here. Try demanding papers from every dark, Spanish speaking person you run into. They-are-everywhere! Easy. Deport them immediately. It would work. It would be howled down overnight. 23,000,000 here already? Unless Texas drives the wets back across the river instantly, razor wire is for show. They turn them over to Border Patrol I heard. Very helpful.....Savvy?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
There was a system in place that worked well for labor. Work visas, had to apply and be approved to work here with proper paperwork. No social welfare, no unemployment, if no work, go back home. Pay their taxes, if you break the law, get deported and not let back in. That system worked fine until dems f'd things up.
Here's an interesting idea, why not let non-hispanics come here on work visas. I am sure there are plenty from Eirope, South Africs, Zim, Asia etc that would love to come ro this country on work visas then have a chance to legally immigrate.
Wouldn't that be a better system than "Carolina needs weak minds and strong backs so let every criminal and terrorist to freely walk into our country "???

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Then where will the construction laborers & dairy workers come from? I believe they tend to be some of the better shingling crews I have seen.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's a good one!
I watched over a mex roofing crew doing a job on a friends house. Most bullshit slapshod roofing crew I have ever seen. Shingled over a foot wide gap by the chimney instead of repairing loose ply. Tried to hide it and had a fight to make them fix it. They didn't know I lived in San Diego for years and my spanish was still good enough to understand what they were saying.
Mex crews are only as good as el hefe keeps them in line.
Real work visas administered properly, deportation when necessary. At least until scammers are pared off welfare rolls.
It's really not that tough to do it right.
Contractors love paying illegals half the rate a documented lworkee would get, and guess what- they charge rhe same for the project but pocket the savings.see that all the time.

Last edited by 86thecat; 01/27/24.
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
With the revenue involved in the construction industry down here, I can’t conceive of sending all the illegals home. I’d love to see it happen, but it won’t. They would burn the place down on the way out. The big construction moguls have the influence to keep them here and on the job.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Fine, we have used migrant labor forever. Just keep track of them with work visas, deport the criminals and control the damn border. Or keep your damn open border and good luck to the third world, disease ridden [bleep] your kids will inherit.
And good luck when the border crossing jihadis ramp up with 9-11 versions 2 plus.
I'm done here.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Heck Butterball built a trailer park next to the processing plant and has a bus go thru and pick them and take them to work every shift., takes the rent and electricity and water bill out of the weekly check, their kids of course go to the local public school and the social worker makes the rounds of the trailer park.

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Heck Butterball built a trailer park next to the processing plant and has a bus go thru and pick them and take them to work every shift., takes the rent and electricity and water bill out of the weekly check, their kids of course go to the local public school and the social worker makes the rounds of the trailer park.

Yep. The illegals are the majority employees in the meat processing plants too. Americans don’t want to do those kind of jobs anymore. Sad but true.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No one wants to pay what life actually costs.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I would really hate to impose on your trophy hunting trips abroad.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Backroads
Just tax all cash wired out of the US.
50% should do it.
So every time I hunt outside the us and have to wire money I should get a 50% tax? That makes a ton of sense.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Maybe someone can answer??? I work for a large company, 1000 plus employees. I know for a FACT that a bunch of the low level laborers and concrete guys are illegals but they somehow get around it? The company I'm pretty sure follows the law..... almost impossible as far as audits and all the other bs.... they have to pay into someone's SSI, etc?

Had a guy tell me it's so bad they damn near advertise on the Mexican radio channels business that will "help" if you are in that situation.... I don't know if that means they steal Ss numbers or what, but they definitely have a workaround..... not like the millions of illegals are all working for cash.

I have a buddy that runs a small ranch/farm. He has 4-5 hired guys. His mom does the books and noticed "Jose" had a birthday coming up..... she bought him a cake and they surprised him with a little party after work one day...... he had NO IDEA it was his birthday. Our country is fuked.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hardway
Maybe someone can answer??? I work for a large company, 1000 plus employees. I know for a FACT that a bunch of the low level laborers and concrete guys are illegals but they somehow get around it? The company I'm pretty sure follows the law..... almost impossible as far as audits and all the other bs.... they have to pay into someone's SSI, etc?

Had a guy tell me it's so bad they damn near advertise on the Mexican radio channels business that will "help" if you are in that situation.... I don't know if that means they steal Ss numbers or what, but they definitely have a workaround..... not like the millions of illegals are all working for cash.

I have a buddy that runs a small ranch/farm. He has 4-5 hired guys. His mom does the books and noticed "Jose" had a birthday coming up..... she bought him a cake and they surprised him with a little party after work one day...... he had NO IDEA it was his birthday. Our country is fu@ked.

Be part of the solution. ICE 1 866 347 2423

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 86thecat
By fining businesses that hire them. No work and they will go to leftist states.
Pass legislation to require documents proving legal status to work in this country. Fine the hell out of businesses that don't have copies of those documents. Jail time for those illegally on state social services.
Let the illegals overwhelm the leftist states until they economically collapse.
I'm for that.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Every election this dream comes into focus. It will never happen, big business, small business, agriculture alone won't let it.
One year there was a shortage of available labor to harvest crops, process, butcher, construction etc. So one local corp. flew in a whole plane load of laborers from asian country.
Once the job was done the corp. decided not to pay the help, leaving the burden on the local and state agencies.
Takes years to sort out and litigate a mess like this.
I truly wish the existing laws worked but can't when corps. abuse it.
How many other systems do we overload as a false fix.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
There are a lot of poultry plants around me. It’s nasty work gutting and hanging chickens, I wouldn’t want to do it which is why I learned how to read and write. When I was growing up the workers were almost 100% black until the late 80’s when almost overnight the blacks were all fired and illegals brought in. That started a pattern where the plants would go about a year then the immigration guys would raid them & haul all the illegals off. Within a week they’d all be back and they’d leave them alone for another year. Obviously the govt knew they were back and the yearly raids were for show, they were just a yearly vacation for the plants.

Now you go to the local Walmart and half the store is Hispanic, at least we can get Mexican Coke now. The schools are full of ESL students who cost a fortune for the locals. They quickly figure out how to get all the free stuff.

The blacks that were put out of jobs in the late 80’s all figured out it was easier to live in the projects and have babies to maximize their welfare payments, Clinton’s “welfare reform” actually massively increased it contrary to popular thought. Why work when you can just screw, pop out kids, & smoke pot all day?

The govt is 100% behind this, it would have been easy to fix by throwing every plant owner who hired an illegal into jail and fining them into oblivion, but they just look the other way with a wink. For those who say the price of chicken/lettuce will go up and we’ll have to pay more for roofers I say I don’t give a schit, there is no God given right to buy letttuce for $1 a head. The costs to our country for that lettuce and cheap roofing job are much more important than some contractors pocketing extra money on a roofing job. Run them all out and if the price of chicken goes to $20 a pound then so be it, switch to eating poke salat you pick by the road. I don’t care, let the free market sort it out. Your cheap labor is not more important than the destruction of our nation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the issue is now that the Dems are trying to issue work permits to people here seeking "asylum" as they work their way thru the system.

In the eyes of Dems they aren't illegals, so the laws don't apply

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
The blacks that were put out of jobs in the late 80’s all figured out it was easier to live in the projects and have babies to maximize their welfare payments, Clinton’s “welfare reform” actually massively increased it contrary to popular thought. Why work when you can just screw, pop out kids, & smoke pot all day?

the blacks are the ones that should be outraged going back decades to both parties bringing in cheap labor and votes - the latinos in this country will take their jobs now and be running their cities in 15 years.

whatever progress blacks think they have made in the past 20 years is going to be wiped out. They'll still be the "minority" in this country but they won't be "THE" minority, and latinos aren't going to vote to give them anything. There won't be enough white guilt to go around.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/28/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Back in the 90's I did work on a church bus that picked up kids that their families did not have a church. We picked up a lot of foreign kids. I remember a lot of times the families would move to Minnesota because the welfare system would pay out more.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,265
Posts18,486,514
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.