Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#19155448 01/28/24
W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Some of you may have the occasion to use a cane, I do sometimes. I have also always had an affinity for knives and edged, sharp cutting/pointy things. It seemed reasonable therefore to combine the 2 and thus the research began.

I found that Cold Steel produces several decent sword sticks/canes and while not the very best they seem of decent quality and quite serviceable. I know that there are a couple of other dealers in the US but I don't know much about them.

So far the best that I have found is Burger Sword Canes in S. Africa. Superb quality but can be very costly. There are many options and the price just goes up, but as far as I can tell from their web site and have read, their products are unsurpassed. World wide I am sure there are other tier 1 makers but I do not know who they might be.

Anyway why not carry your pistol? I agree, if it is possible, but there are situations where that may not be feasible, and if you can, why not have both. With a clandestine sword cane/sword walking stick one is not completely defenseless. Aggressive dogs, hood rats etc. etc. Besides a good sword cane is just plain cool; silent (sometimes silence is truly golden) and completely hidden, who would ever guess that the infirm person over there is packing sharp steel with a keen bite.

Just a post to helpfully inform those that may be interested. You can google
Cold Steel and Burger Sword Canes to find out more. If you know of any other good sources please post them.

Last edited by whistle1; 01/28/24.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do love sharp things, but I am passed the age where I could use one with any real success. I'm sticking with a handgun.

Sam......

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Oh, I agree but the s.c. is just another layer of protection.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I saw a walking stick with a folder type 7-8'' blade on YTube that was nice. Razor sharp two sided blade would have cause a lot of bleeding.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Some people may see themselves like Crocodile Dundee in the bringing a bigger knife to a knife fight. I think of the guy that had the sword and got shot by Indiana Jones.

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
If you are partially infirm and have to use a cane sometimes is what I am talking about. If that is the case why not have some sharp steel even if you are packing heat?

W
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Also, remember sword canes/sticks are not legal in some states and localities.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The company that makes military dress swords is Burger and Burger? Or Burger and Hill?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've been wanting to forge-assemble one for a while. Personally, I want a light machete style, not on a cane but on a walking staff. I often carry a walking staff on long hikes and being able to slice briars or vines without carrying a machete also would be a plus.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I got one of the heavy duty Cold Steel sword canes years a go on sale, and it was a great deal. I see recently the price has jumped up. It seems well made as far as the blade part goes, and I think if somebody was welding it in anger toward me, I wouldn't stick around. The solid black cane part is a dead giveaway, and a decent brown paint job or wrap is in order. A fake wood grain pattern would make it even stealthier.

Last edited by reivertom; 01/28/24.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by whistle1
If you are partially infirm and have to use a cane sometimes is what I am talking about. If that is the case why not have some sharp steel even if you are packing heat?

I agree that if you need a cane anyway, why the hell NOT carry one of these.

Sam......

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Can you fly with one?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whistle1

Can you stop someone from taking it from you, then it's their weapon.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Can you fly with one?
There's no way they're going to let you on an airplane with one.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
That is what I thought.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have thought about these throughout my life, old movies, cool factor, new times no body watches those old films. I watched my grandfather from the time I was little work cattle with old heavy hickory cowboy cane, in corral or on horseback, saved him from being run over by pissed of stock several times. I had 4 knee jobs over twenty years and then had both replaced, I have carried his cane and several others every where , best thing to have for a old man, the things you can do with the loop or handle is mind blowing, a good punch with either end will take the starch out of most for time to get my buck 110 out or my CC. Plus very stable walking, I don’t get in with cattle w/o mine either, we all carry knives and hope gun. I don’t think you need sword.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've used canes daily since dropping a Gold Wing on my left leg after a blown rear tire at highway speed 10 years ago. The tubular aluminum adjustable height canes sold at every drug store in the country hold two pounds of bullet casting lead in the bottom six inches quite well, and all my canes have that modification. A quick shot to the crotch with that cane tip will go a long way toward tilting the odds of an up close and personal encounter in my favor, and give me time to decide if the knife I carry on my weak side, or the compact .45 auto on my hip needs to get into the mix. Having "less lethal" choices is usually a good thing. A weighted cane is probably less likely to get me arrested than a concealed pig sticker, also.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just a simple Cane without the sword is a formidible weapon in itself.

Seek out an Escrima (Philipino Martial Art) school and they will show you how to attack and defend in a short amount of time, perfectly legal.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
A friend who spent a lot of time with the Shore Patrol described a baton move they used when necessary- - -B.B.M.B.B.- - - - - -"Belly Button, Meet Backbone!" A quick straight thrust just above the belt buckle will take the fight out of someone in a hurry. Don't waste time whacking on a scumbag's bone head- - - -there's plenty of soft tissue that can be "massaged" to much better effect.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I not sure there's many states except Texas, where it's legal to carry a sword cane.

This is another area we need SCOTUS to fix.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

403 members (219 Wasp, 257_X_50, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,843
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.