RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
Originally Posted by DMc
Well this ain't good...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Why I dislike cast steel. Forged and milled steel for me.
Found a new gun store and checked it out. They had a Springfield 1911 resembling this one. $599 NIB. I thought "terrific price"! Now I understand why.
No, you have a prejudicial bias based on a moment in time.

You understand nothing. And that is not to malign you.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
I'll not be buying a Springfield "anything".

Springfield Professional.

Last edited by High_Noon; 01/28/24.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
So.... are there any more examples of this major slide breakage on a Springfield 1911? ..... or is this the only one?

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by persiandog
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Light pole in a different position in last photo

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B2

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stophel
So.... are there any more examples of this major slide breakage on a Springfield 1911? ..... or is this the only one?

Exactly .

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by DMc
I'll not be buying a Springfield "anything".

Springfield Professional.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
IC B3

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Morewood
[Linked Image from westernrifleshooters.us]

China does not allow foreigners to own any real estate, not even the spouse of a Chinese citizen. Solution: do not allow Chinese nationals or corporations to own any US real estate - not even a home residence.

China does not allow any foreigner fo own a majority of a business in China. Solution: force all Chinese businesses to have at 51% ownership by an American citizen.

China makes it virtually impossible to transfer money out of China. Solution: do not any Chinese to transfer money outside of the USA.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by AdventureBound

China does not allow foreigners to own any real estate, not even the spouse of a Chinese citizen. Solution: do not allow Chinese nationals or corporations to own any US real estate - not even a home residence.

China does not allow any foreigner fo own a majority of a business in China. Solution: force all Chinese businesses to have at 51% ownership by an American citizen.

China makes it virtually impossible to transfer money out of China. Solution: do not any Chinese to transfer money outside of the USA.

Careful here,,, while i agree that China or any other foreign countries should own any ground near an air force base or strategic location. And the company’ i work for is dealing with this now. 30 years ago they bought 200 acres in Arkansas for seed production and research. That company got bought by chem china and now hucklebee says no. Does anyone know what the largest land is that china owns in the USA?

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by IA_fog

Careful here,,, while i agree that China or any other foreign countries should own any ground near an air force base or strategic location. And the company’ i work for is dealing with this now. 30 years ago they bought 200 acres in Arkansas for seed production and research. That company got bought by chem china and now hucklebee says no. Does anyone know what the largest land is that china owns in the USA?
Wachington DC??

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by DouginLa

Wachington DC??
Funny but Smithfield pork and i dont believe Americans want to give up their pork

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

198,000 acres of timberland in Oregon.

380,000 total owned by Chinese interests in the USA.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Wachington DC??
Funny but Smithfield pork and i dont believe Americans want to give up their pork
.chinese spareribs pork foo yung, moo shi, rock!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by stuvwxyz
Originally Posted by DMc
Well this ain't good...

Why I dislike cast steel. Forged and milled steel for me.
Exactly. Being a knifemaker I can see what happened here. Improper heat treatment….look at how large the “grain” is in the snapped off section. I can replicate the same thing by purposefully botching the ht on my blades. Excessive grain growth is a dead giveaway you screwed up. Overheating is the culprit.
Precisely what Godogs said. It's not that the slide was cast, it's that the heat treating was f'd up.
All steel has, at some point in It's manufacture, has been cast. Forging and milling won't prevent this kind of failure if the heat treatment is not done correctly.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Wachington DC??

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Houston_2

198,000 acres of timberland in Oregon.

380,000 total owned by Chinese interests in the USA.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Page 3,577 of 3,957 1 2 3575 3576 3577 3578 3579 3956 3957

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 1_deuce, Akhutr, 79S, 10 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,506
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.