Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#19160001 01/29/24
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'll credit the authors Eileen Clark and Dennis Walrod for the suggestion.At my advanced age, I have decided that even spruce grouse could taste good if done right. They will be just pot fare at hunting camp. Well Dennis Walrod used a Buck, Eileen used a Remington,so I bought a Boker Tree Brand. It was Eileen's use of a Remington that was likely "Made in China", and at the price of the Boker, I'm not so naive as to believe it a "Made in Germany" like the web site says, that really convinced me. Looking up bird knife with hook, I came across a RiflesandRecipes posting.With knives,both Buck and Remington are marketing brands, neither one makes knives. Boker also started out as an importer's brand but got bought out by the Solingen firm. A Thank You to one of our authors.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
ok

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
I'll credit the authors Eileen Clark and Dennis Walrod for the suggestion.At my advanced age, I have decided that even spruce grouse could taste good if done right. They will be just pot fare at hunting camp. Well Dennis Walrod used a Buck, Eileen used a Remington,so I bought a Boker Tree Brand. It was Eileen's use of a Remington that was likely "Made in China", and at the price of the Boker, I'm not so naive as to believe it a "Made in Germany" like the web site says, that really convinced me. Looking up bird knife with hook, I came across a RiflesandRecipes posting.With knives,both Buck and Remington are marketing brands, neither one makes knives. Boker also started out as an importer's brand but got bought out by the Solingen firm. A Thank You to one of our authors.
I share your aversion to buying from China, just hoping I bought that knife long enough ago that it was actually made somewhere else.
The first one I saw was custom built. And even slimmer and lighter in weight than the Remington model. So that's an option as well. We have a lot of knife makers where I live, and imagine there are lots of guys all across the US who'd build one at a reasonable price.

The other frustrating thing is that those smaller bird hooks are so hard to find in a knife, yet leaving a smaller opening in the bird keeps it from drying out so much, before it even hits the oven or skillet.
Eileen Clarke

On appetites: "If I had to wait until I was hungry to eat, I'd never eat."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,452 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.