Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
jakey-pooM78 gonna be big mad now

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Just finished it.

Total waste of celluloid to make and time to watch.

The concept is ludicrous. The plot is hackneyed, and totally predictable. The "brilliant elite psychiatrist" allowed the inmate to play him like a fiddle. Worst of all, the movie takes itself seriously.

At least "Halloween", "Friday the Thirteenth", and other installments of the horror genre do not expect you to find them believable.
What part was unbelievable?

Politics is War by Other Means
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The entire concept of demonic possession. And also the thought that such a demon could jump from person to person at choice.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could point you towards a lot of info on demonic possession. There are certain traits that differentiate it from simple mental illness.

But why would I bother? I don't think you understand evil very well, perhaps the jump from simple evil to possession is a bridge too far.

ETA: I just find it astonishing that you haven't met anyone who was evil.

Last edited by Tyrone; 01/28/24.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have met several people who have a great capacity for evil. I have read of many others with an almost unlimited capacity for evil.

The human mind has an unlimited capability to invent suffering and pain. No supernatural components needed. Certainly no mental illness needed. A perfectly sane mind is capable of causing immense pain and suffering in others.

Man is inherently selfish, and yes evil. The goodness in man is only a result of education and training.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just watched it.. worth my time for sure .

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is an interesting seminar speaker, a psychologist who has worked with the police and interviewed criminals for years.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Thank you LW for that video. It is very informative. And emphasized to me my reasoning that convicted felons should have voting rights suspended for life.

They are felons because their brains do not work the same as the rest of us. It is not just an act they are guilty of, so much as it is a flawed manner of thinking. While they may have completed the sentence for the crime of which they were convicted, and their "debt to society" fulfilled, their manner of thinking has not been altered.

I do not believe such individuals should be allowed to guide the progression of our society in any way.

But this is a bit of a side track. Common criminals such as described in this presentation do not typically perpetrate the rampant evil to which I earlier referred. While the Beltway Shooters, and the Grand Mother who threw her three year old Grand Daughter over a sixth floor balcony may come close.

This is a small example of true evil perpetrated by men with no supernatural assistance.
The Katyn massacre was a series of mass executions of nearly 22,000 Polish military officers and intelligentsia prisoners of war carried out by the Soviet Union, specifically the NKVD ("People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs", the Soviet secret police) in April and May 1940.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It was watchable. Don't know if I have to see it a 2nd time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you LW for that video. It is very informative. And emphasized to me my reasoning that convicted felons should have voting rights suspended for life.

They are felons because their brains do not work the same as the rest of us. It is not just an act they are guilty of, so much as it is a flawed manner of thinking. While they may have completed the sentence for the crime of which they were convicted, and their "debt to society" fulfilled, their manner of thinking has not been altered.
You won't understand this, but a person's mind isn't completely their own. Their thoughts are a composite of their own, God's and evil's. Evil people have given their minds over to evil and ejected God. Ever hear someone say "Jesus is my personal Lord & savior"? Because He really is personal.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Agreed, I enjoyed it and I have no doubt leftist heads exploded.

Living in a Blue Healers home with me and my wife as pets.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I do not believe such individuals should be allowed to guide the progression of our society in any way.

But this is a bit of a side track. Common criminals such as described in this presentation do not typically perpetrate the rampant evil to which I earlier referred. While the Beltway Shooters, and the Grand Mother who threw her three year old Grand Daughter over a sixth floor balcony may come close.

This is a small example of true evil perpetrated by men with no supernatural assistance.
The Katyn massacre was a series of mass executions of nearly 22,000 Polish military officers and intelligentsia prisoners of war carried out by the Soviet Union, specifically the NKVD ("People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs", the Soviet secret police) in April and May 1940.

So Jan 6 protesters and those wrongly convicted should have voting rights removed for life? I see in many states illegal aliens can vote

More boomer logic destroying our country

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I could point you towards a lot of info on demonic possession. There are certain traits that differentiate it from simple mental illness.

But why would I bother? I don't think you understand evil very well, perhaps the jump from simple evil to possession is a bridge too far.

Tyrone;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day in your part of the world has been seasonally appropriate and you're well.

Whenever this topic comes up, I'm reluctant to wade in, because I'm acutely aware that there are personality types who will not believe in certain things until they witness them personally.

Even then, for some, being front and center to events that have no scientific explanation, defy logic and plain don't make sense will not be sufficient for those folks to make that leap of faith.

Emphatically, I get that as I was one until I experienced something that couldn't be explained, then had to come to terms with it.

Regarding demon possession, I've had two different close family members involved in two separate occasions where the individual was either possessed or through unknown means exhibited super human strength, was able to radically change their voice and knew details about other participant's lives that couldn't be explained.

Again, I am not trying to convert anyone and fully grasp that some will not be able to believe or accept what they see and experience.

Many roads to Mecca and all that, plus we're all made a wee bit different aren't we?

All the best to you this last week of the first month.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That show had some good acting. The guy who played Glenn Beck nailed it.

Bb

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by ribka
So Jan 6 protesters and those wrongly convicted should have voting rights removed for life? I see in many states illegal aliens can vote

More boomer logic destroying our country

So, .0001 percent of convicted convicts might actually be patriots, let's allow the millions of other mentally deficit criminals decide the future of our nation. Might as well make them cops, and teachers, and high ranking politicians. Could not be any worse than the present denizens of DC.

And maybe there are still some wrongly convicted listed as convicts. So lets just throw out the entire justice system and fire all the cops: City, County, State, and Federal. What could possibly go wrong with a state of pure Anarchy?

You do know, it is the same group pushing for the convict vote as is pushing for the non-citizen vote. They will all vote Dem.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Tyrone;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day in your part of the world has been seasonally appropriate and you're well.

Whenever this topic comes up, I'm reluctant to wade in, because I'm acutely aware that there are personality types who will not believe in certain things until they witness them personally.

Even then, for some, being front and center to events that have no scientific explanation, defy logic and plain don't make sense will not be sufficient for those folks to make that leap of faith.

Emphatically, I get that as I was one until I experienced something that couldn't be explained, then had to come to terms with it.

Regarding demon possession, I've had two different close family members involved in two separate occasions where the individual was either possessed or through unknown means exhibited super human strength, was able to radically change their voice and knew details about other participant's lives that couldn't be explained.

Again, I am not trying to convert anyone and fully grasp that some will not be able to believe or accept what they see and experience.

Many roads to Mecca and all that, plus we're all made a wee bit different aren't we?

All the best to you this last week of the first month.

Dwayne
Dwayne, with all due respect. And I always find your contributions worthy and well spoken. But, in this case I must disagree.

Every 'clairvoyant", "mystic", "medium", or "mentalist" makes a good living convincing people they have acquired knowledge they should have no way of knowing. Occasionally one turns coat and admits to the methods of trickery.

Yes, color me skeptical.

Superhuman strength? Not an uncommon phenomenon with enough adrenaline inducement. Many, many cases of women doing amazing things to save a child.

You Sir, have a glorious life.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I watched it last year when it was in theaters. Loved it. Incredible acting, and storyline. I highly recommended it then, and haven't changed my mind since.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Idaho Shooter;
Good evening or nearly so for both of us, I hope the day behaved and you're well.

While some might struggle with this, I'm able to truly say I appreciate your reply and respect your skepticism and honesty sir.

Particularly, the manner in which you articulated your thoughts was well spoken and thought out.

For sure there are far too many charlatans masquerading as something they are not, we can agree on that.

My post wasn't an attempt to convert you or anyone else to the way I believe, it was my attempt to make an observation on human nature in part and then in part to wonder out loud why some have different experiences in life than others.

As I mentioned, I was the perfect example of a "Doubting Thomas" myself and have folks in the family and as friends who remain that way, that is to say friends and family on friendly terms.

All the best to you as well sir, lets hope we're close to done with this winter.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Thanks Dwayne.

Here in the Treasure Valley we only had one week of winter. We have experienced lows near 30 and alarming arid condition until abo0ut two weeks ago. We got five inches of snow as a cold front moved in and three nights just at or below zero. Then we got another five inches of snow as a warm front moved in. Pretty typical for these parts, since the "little ice age" went away.

Anyway, we have had rain off and on now for almost a week and the snow is all gone. The snow is even fading away in the nearby mountains. But we have lots of reservoirs to catch the run off.

I spent today driving around with the thermometer on the car hovering at 40 degrees. Though I do expect a skim of ice on the dog water bowl outside in the morning.

I hope your weather treats you favorably also.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I watched it yesterday. I'm glad they didn't pussy foot around. I could have done without Glen Beck though.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (16penny, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,764
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.