-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do they warranty them if they are full of wood particles from chainsawing ?

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Do they warranty them if they are full of wood particles from chainsawing ?
At least two pairs that I returned had some level of band saw sawmill dust in them. Finer than chain saw chips. But, nothing ever mentioned about it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, all I wear for last 7-8 years probably. Warrantied 5 pairs probably by now. Same, same always grab another pair. 14 year old been stealing them from me, but I don't mind. My feet don't give a [bleep] about if they are confused bleeding hearts. American made, and stand behind their product.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Shout out to the Darn Tough Socks folks! American made. Excellent products. Life time no BS warranty. They stand behind them. Just received my third set of replacements in as many years.

Started buying them after recommendation from the 'Fire 8-10 years ago for elk hunting. Now my Go-To socks for outdoor work and hunting. Over the calf, heavy weight, full cushion Merino wool, that truly stay up. I have wide bony feet. Rub holes in socks on the corners and edges of my toes and heels. Darn Tough stands behind them. Online warranty process. $10 for a USPS Small FRB. A few weeks later, new pair of socks show up. Love 'em!

Darn Tough...
always thought it was a shame that a company would warranty something when it wore out. Flaws yes. I wear em out I"m going to buy another pair. Thats on me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope the phaggots get warrantied right out of business.
(and I think it's just as phaggy as a consumer to wear out socks and send them in for warranty, fuuck all)

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kenoh2
Bought a pair of DT socks for my wife on Amazon. They had a hole in the seam in the toe area.
I sent them to DT for warranty replacement. They sent me a new pair with a note saying that what I bought were not actual DT socks but fakes being sold on Amazon.
Enjoy your new socks!

I used to buy Wigwam merino socks for myself but have switched to DT after their customer service went above and beyond.

Damn that’s pretty wild.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like their warranty department is busier than Leupold's. Sheesh!

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I hope the phaggots get warrantied right out of business.
(and I think it's just as phaggy as a consumer to wear out socks and send them in for warranty, fuuck all)

Bingo Sam.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OD and become a God to a bunch of dipshits.

That still really bothers me.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I wonder how much money hanes and fruit of the loom gave to BLM and the like.

It's hard to find a company that doesn't play the woke game.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a great point. All the big names caved and got sucked into the bullshit.

I've tried Darn Tough and prefer Smartwool.

Not gonna google to see who is more woke!

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I buy the long green USOA socks. No warranty but they last.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That's funny. I used to wear smart wool but now prefer darn tough.

I really like both though

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Been wearing them about 10 years. Hunting, feeding horses, working 24 hour shifts when I flew as a nurse in Western NY. Wear good, keep your feet warm, feet don't stink if you spend 16-18 hours in your boots.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a variety of USA made socks and find them all to be much better than non-USA crap. My family roots are in Ft Payne AL. It's a damn shame what happened to their sock industry. It used to be HUGE.

Wiki:

Hosiery manufacture led the economy in Fort Payne. At the beginning of the 21st century, the hosiery industry in Fort Payne employed over 7,000 people in more than 100 mills. It produced more than half of the socks made in the United States and claimed to be the "Sock Capital of the World."

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Y'all wear them sock things?

All the time?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't make me go take a new sock stash pic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stump Buster
According to them, George Floyd was murdered...

https://darntough.com/pages/inclusion

But Hey !!! Lifetime socks for $30 a pair !!!

A not so easy for instance – We value differences. Initially, the differences referred to were differences of opinion. Differences of idea, of thought. If you have something to say, say it. No matter how out there, speak up. There are no bad questions, only bad answers. Differences can also refer to differences in gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, education, politics, what-have-you.

The difference(s) of race however is not something that comes up regularly, if at all, in the state of Vermont. Vermont is the 2nd  whitest state in the United States. We are sandwiched between the number 1, Maine, and the number 3, West Virginia.  I’m not going to get into the whys of our #2 ranking, just that it exists. The differences we deal with mostly, I mentioned above.

In the wake of George Floyd’s murder, the rapid and intense (re)awakening of racial disparity and more specifically the plight of Black people in the United States has been jarring. In and of itself, the video of Floyd’s killing is nothing new. Black men and women appear regularly on body cams, cameras and cell phone videos. Their (mis)treatment on some of these videos is hard to watch. In the most violent of these videos beaten or killed is often the end result.

The mistreatment of Black people in this country has been going on for 401 years. It’s impossible to say it hasn’t.

Increased awareness of their plight is often preceded by violence to them as a people. Increased awareness of their plight is then often followed by violence from them (and others) as a people.

Can you blame Black people? Could you blame anyone for fighting back? For wanting it to stop once and for all? Imagine being on the receiving end of this nightmare. Not for a few days or weeks or years but for CENTURIES. Enchained. Enslaved. Endangered. While conditions today aren’t at those levels, they are still bad. Shot dead in the street while jogging. Murdered in a no-knock warrant and of course George Floyd. All three murdered in the street. No judge. No jury. Just an executioner. No due process as guaranteed by our Constitution. It’s about as un-American as it gets. UN-AMERICAN.

Yes, the conditions have changed, but they’ve changed from the lowest baseline imaginable and from being more overt to more opaque, and the opacity is so ingrained in our society that it’s invisible to the majority of (white) people. It’s “modernized Jim Crow,” if you will.

And what about Black Lives Matter? It’s a good question. BLM is a statement as much as it is question. Ahmaud Arbery shot dead while jogging. Breonna Taylor murdered in a no-knock warrant. George Floyd knee-choked to death. And that’s just the last few months! To chronicle the history of abuse is a look back over the last 401 years.

BLM does not mean that all lives don’t matter. Who said it does?

Once again, institutionalized racism to the rescue. “How dare Black people, or anyone for that matter, make that statement!” How dare they speak out and imply that all lives don’t matter by saying Black Lives Matter!”

Gimmie a break. Look at the history. Do Black Lives Matter? Of course they do.

Back to our values. Values need to be strong. They need to withstand time and place. Values that work today should be just as relevant 100 years from now as they were 100 years go. We value differences. It works today and hopefully it will work 100 years from now.

Race is not a difference we have to deal with regularly, if at all, in the 2nd whitest state in the United States. So how can we, Darn Tough Vermont, not only value differences amongst ourselves but also support differences outside our community where our influence isn’t as strong?

The very first thing we will do is look deeply at the differences amongst our workforce here in Northfield, Vermont. Do people feel safe here? Do we discriminate in the least bit, either knowingly or unknowingly? Do we practice equal opportunity for all regardless of sex, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, what have you? Once we take stock of who we are, we will work to correct any wrongs.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just sent my 3rd pair back for replacement. Definitely nice and comfortable socks. I have several pairs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by Stump Buster
According to them, George Floyd was murdered...

https://darntough.com/pages/inclusion

But Hey !!! Lifetime socks for $30 a pair !!!

A not so easy for instance – We value differences. Initially, the differences referred to were differences of opinion. Differences of idea, of thought. If you have something to say, say it. No matter how out there, speak up. There are no bad questions, only bad answers. Differences can also refer to differences in gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, education, politics, what-have-you.

The difference(s) of race however is not something that comes up regularly, if at all, in the state of Vermont. Vermont is the 2nd  whitest state in the United States. We are sandwiched between the number 1, Maine, and the number 3, West Virginia.  I’m not going to get into the whys of our #2 ranking, just that it exists. The differences we deal with mostly, I mentioned above.

In the wake of George Floyd’s murder, the rapid and intense (re)awakening of racial disparity and more specifically the plight of Black people in the United States has been jarring. In and of itself, the video of Floyd’s killing is nothing new. Black men and women appear regularly on body cams, cameras and cell phone videos. Their (mis)treatment on some of these videos is hard to watch. In the most violent of these videos beaten or killed is often the end result.

The mistreatment of Black people in this country has been going on for 401 years. It’s impossible to say it hasn’t.

Increased awareness of their plight is often preceded by violence to them as a people. Increased awareness of their plight is then often followed by violence from them (and others) as a people.

Can you blame Black people? Could you blame anyone for fighting back? For wanting it to stop once and for all? Imagine being on the receiving end of this nightmare. Not for a few days or weeks or years but for CENTURIES. Enchained. Enslaved. Endangered. While conditions today aren’t at those levels, they are still bad. Shot dead in the street while jogging. Murdered in a no-knock warrant and of course George Floyd. All three murdered in the street. No judge. No jury. Just an executioner. No due process as guaranteed by our Constitution. It’s about as un-American as it gets. UN-AMERICAN.

Yes, the conditions have changed, but they’ve changed from the lowest baseline imaginable and from being more overt to more opaque, and the opacity is so ingrained in our society that it’s invisible to the majority of (white) people. It’s “modernized Jim Crow,” if you will.

And what about Black Lives Matter? It’s a good question. BLM is a statement as much as it is question. Ahmaud Arbery shot dead while jogging. Breonna Taylor murdered in a no-knock warrant. George Floyd knee-choked to death. And that’s just the last few months! To chronicle the history of abuse is a look back over the last 401 years.

BLM does not mean that all lives don’t matter. Who said it does?

Once again, institutionalized racism to the rescue. “How dare Black people, or anyone for that matter, make that statement!” How dare they speak out and imply that all lives don’t matter by saying Black Lives Matter!”

Gimmie a break. Look at the history. Do Black Lives Matter? Of course they do.

Back to our values. Values need to be strong. They need to withstand time and place. Values that work today should be just as relevant 100 years from now as they were 100 years go. We value differences. It works today and hopefully it will work 100 years from now.

Race is not a difference we have to deal with regularly, if at all, in the 2nd whitest state in the United States. So how can we, Darn Tough Vermont, not only value differences amongst ourselves but also support differences outside our community where our influence isn’t as strong?

The very first thing we will do is look deeply at the differences amongst our workforce here in Northfield, Vermont. Do people feel safe here? Do we discriminate in the least bit, either knowingly or unknowingly? Do we practice equal opportunity for all regardless of sex, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, ability, what have you? Once we take stock of who we are, we will work to correct any wrongs.

Obviously being in the second-whitest state leaves them with less real-World experience...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (12344mag, 117LBS, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,319
Posts18,505,800
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.