Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I like a Boston pork butt recipe that I believe comes from Paula Dean. It's pretty salty with salt and season salt, black pepper Gran garlic, liquid smoke, sliced onion and a few Bay leaved. Cook it in a crock pot until it about falls apart. I like to add some BBQ sauce on top as it's served.

Bb

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I like a Boston pork butt recipe that I believe comes from Paula Dean. It's pretty salty with salt and season salt, black pepper Gran garlic, liquid smoke, sliced onion and a few Bay leaved. Cook it in a crock pot until it about falls apart. I like to add some BBQ sauce on top as it's served.

Bb
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
LOL. yes!...

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by JB in SC
Maurice Bessinger’s mustard based bbq in Columbia was excellent. It’s long gone now.

The original Bridges in Shelby, NC was excellent too, but I haven’t been there in years.

Those two stood out as worth a trip for me all these years.

+1 on both. I have to hear that Maurice’s is no longer in operation.

Yeah, it’s been closed for quite a few years. His brother has a restaurant in Charleston, and I saw the Bessinger’s sauce at Publix yesterday for the first time, but I don’t know if it’s the same. I’m going to try it out soon.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Y’all can pull your pork and crock your butts, but it don’t compare to barbeque . And if there’s not hardwood smoke involved it ain’t barbeque. Lots of “Eastern NC” barbeque is baked pork with very few working pits and chimneys.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shootem
Y’all can pull your pork and crock your butts, but it don’t compare to barbeque . And if there’s not hardwood smoke involved it ain’t barbeque. Lots of “Eastern NC” barbeque is baked pork with very few working pits and chimneys.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Maurice Bessinger’s mustard based bbq in Columbia was excellent. It’s long gone now.

The original Bridges in Shelby, NC was excellent too, but I haven’t been there in years.

Yeah, it’s been closed for quite a few years. His brother has a restaurant in Charleston, and I saw the Bessinger’s sauce at Publix yesterday for the first time, but I don’t know if it’s the same. I’m going to try it out soon.

If you think about it, drop me a PM and let me know what you think.

Last edited by wilkeshunter; 01/30/24.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Another bbq we enjoyed was Country’s in Columbus Ga. Their chopped pork was really good, coarse with the outside crust, it came without sauce.

The lemon pies had merengue three inches high….dang makes me want to drive four hours.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

If you think about it, drop me a PM and let me know what you think.

Will do…

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
And if there’s not hardwood smoke involved it ain’t barbeque.
This Right Here ^^^^

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

Lancaster’s?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's my turn to provide the meal before our American Legion meeting next week. Pulled pork, Cowboy Beans, coleslaw, and potato salad. Somebody else will be providing the soft drinks, and the post beer bar opens after the meeting adjourns. I'll be doing two big Boston Butts on my smoker, with an injection marinade and my daughter's dry rub. 12 hours or so of smoke, to an internal temp of 200 degrees on a wireless digital thermometer. I catch the drippings from the meat and incorporate some of them back into the pulled finished product to keep it moist. Sauce on the side- - -or not- - - -"eater's choice".

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Lancaster’s?
This is true go to the lighthouse in ayden nc and you will see plies of wood and a guy chopping whole hog everything but the squeal as they say they been cooking there for about 50 years and some days there is a line out the door ,barbeque, slaw and cornbread that's the menu.

there is no man more free than he who has nothing left to lose --unknown--
" If it bleeds we can kill it" Conan The Barbarian
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter

Lancaster’s?
This is true go to the lighthouse in ayden nc and you will see plies of wood and a guy chopping whole hog everything but the squeal as they say they been cooking there for about 50 years and some days there is a line out the door ,barbeque, slaw and cornbread that's the menu.

I get down that way four or five times a year. I’ll be checking that place out. Thanks for the tip.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

The last time I went by there, which was probably August or September, it looked like they were operational. Is this recent? I go byBessingers in Charleston at least weekly but have never stopped. Have to swing in some time.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Like cole slaw, God shivers every time someone chops it. Another good way to ruin it is to have bottles of COLD sauce sitting out, expecting people to apply it to the meat instead of mixing it in hot.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys have proven my belief in "Here we do it this way and nothing else is BBQ". Right down to the gospel of pork versus beef, and then to the epistle of sauces. It's religion.

(Alabama white sauce? Duke's sells some that's damn good on chicken.)

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
You guys have proven my belief in "Here we do it this way and nothing else is BBQ". Right down to the gospel of pork versus beef, and then to the epistle of sauces. It's religion.

(Alabama white sauce? Duke's sells some that's damn good on chicken.)

You forgot grass-fed versus grain-fed beef (although your reference to (genuflect) Duke's does address the religion of regional worship). wink

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Raeford Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Favorite here is plain pulled or chopped/minced, I'll add what I want if I want anything added.

Get it plain at several places, all hardwood slow cooked:

Little Richards

Statesville BBQ

Buddy's BBQ

Or do our own on the Kamodo
Sometimes I want a bit of spiced vinegar, sometimes a bit of sweet red, sometimes nothing.

It's all good.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter

Lancaster’s?

Bum's there in Ayden used to cook on wood. I haven't been there in years but I thought it was better than Skylight back then and they had a full menu if someone didn't want pork.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (badwolf, BDR1, batch, BB3, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,460 guests, and 883 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,056
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.