Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
kwg020 Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It comes from the New York Post but I think we have already decided that the super wealthy and the political elites of the Ivy league are way out of touch with the rest of us.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...h-and-it-isn-t-why-you-think/ar-BB1gYhkd

The United States has a wealthy, partisan elite class that’s not only immune from and numb to the problems of their countrymen, but enormously confident in and willing to impose unpopular policies on them.

This is a recipe for disaster.

The problem is starkly illustrated in a new survey Scott Rasmussen conducted on behalf of the Committee to Unleash Prosperity, which divided respondents between elites (people with at least one postgraduate degree, earning more than $150,000, living in ZIP codes where the population density exceeds 10,000 per square mile) and the general public.

Rasmussen also recorded the responses of a subset of elites — “super elites,“ if you will — who graduated from a few prestigious private universities, including members of the Ivy League, Duke, Stanford and Northwestern.

It’s near impossible to behold the results and not acknowledge they’re indicative of a fundamental disconnect between two Americas.

That disconnect should be of as much concern to proud aristocrats as it is to the peasantry.

It should come as no surprise that between America and its upper crust, a much higher proportion of the latter (73%) consider themselves Democrats and approve of Joe Biden’s performance as president (84%).
But there are less surface-level — and more telling — findings.

The rich are indeed getting richer, say the rich.

Seventy-four percent of the elites and 88% of super elites report their personal finances are on the upswing.

And the bulk of those who remain say they’re either unsure or they’re getting neither better nor worse.
Government control

This truth was borne out by the three groups’ answers to other questions.

A stunning 77% of elites and 89% of super elites support the “strict rationing of meat, gas, and electricity.”

Seventy-two percent and 81% would ban the use of gas-powered cars.

Fifty-five percent and 70% would prevent Americans from engaging in “non-essential” air travel.

Oh, and 47% and 55% believe the government affords Americans “too much freedom.”

Predictably, the rest of the country would be appalled to hear what this group would do with absolute power; the percentage that would agree to any of those measures lies between 16% and 25%.

What’s perhaps most troubling of all, however, is elites’ staggering surplus of self-confidence in government, a halfway decent proxy for themselves.

Seventy percent of elites (double the number of average Americans) and 89% of super elites said they trust the government to do the right thing.

“Out of touch” barely describes this attitude. Arrogant is more accurate.

If America is to avoid a tailspin into this toxic feedback loop, its elites will need to step outside their bubble, stop conforming in an effort to blend in with their myopic peers and start addressing the legitimate grievances of their fellow Americans.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

kwg020 Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Here is another link with a little less opinion. The second link has pictures and graphs for those who don't want to read and digest the written material. It is a bit over whelming.
kwg
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...es-and-ordinary-americans-302039718.html

https://committeetounleashprosperit...hem-vs-Us_CTUP-Rasmussen-Study-FINAL.pdf

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Guess who goes first........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I do not find this surprising in any way. County by county election result maps have shown this to be true since they started showing them on the internet. I have always felt that the political divide is urban vs rural or stated by another metric, income disparity, since the computer has made it possible for the workforce to be more mobile. Medical people are a good example in my rural county, doctors, technicians and higher grade nurses think nothing of commuting to San Fran or UC Davis. It's a free country, kinda, but I wish they would vote in the zipcode where their paycheck comes from.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm surprised the elite haven't already been all dragged out into the street and given the Gaddafi treatment.

IC B2

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The hell you say!

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I really hope that when they get to gitmo they get to eat zee bugs, have fluoridated water, and nothing from the outer isles of the grocery stores and if so definitely the sprayed down poisoned stuff they let us have in our grocery stores...oh, and lets dust their asses with some chemicals in the air also please, same sh1t they dump on us from the planes....they need that till they die. If they hurt the kids and committed treason or other crimes against humanity the bullet is maybe what they get but for those that didn't go that far...lets make sure they get a condensed version of what they've been doing to us all this time. A little extra benzene in their sunscreens and any other creams please.

geez, I almost forgot, of course they have to wear a mask full time, and take real (not fake or saline) experimental mnra vaccines and every booster as per their schedule....and it all needs to be live full time on tv's, standard gitmo channels we can see how our favourite anti-human pieces of sh1t are doing in their new 'you go first' world lol...

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things to add but I'm sure we all get the point...oh....we can have their heating supplied by solar and wind power lol, that should round things out nicely.

That's some tv I would love to watch.

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 02/01/24.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The guillotine was an effective solution to this problem 230+ years ago. I’m thinking it would solve a lot of our problems.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Higher education is the common bond of the elite. They have been brainwashed into Marxism by the universities.
I think arrogance is a required course...
These people will not listen to anyone as they think they are the authorities and they are the ones with all the answers.
They are so detached from what the common American has to go through to prosper and even survive, they have no clue.
For the past 20+ yrs they have lowered college admission standards and discriminated against white people.
We now have advanced degree holders that are genuine idiots, they simply don't possess the intelligence the degree they hold indicates.
Now take those degreed individuals and give them government jobs with no accountability, no measure of success and endless taxpayer funds
and you have a recipe for disaster.
It's so bad they cannot debate the merits of their ideas so they are now engaging in censorship and shadowbanning anyone that challenges them.
The cult classic movie "idiocracy" is playing out in real time
These same degreed clowns are now showing up in corporate America, "go woke go broke" is real... Disney, Budweiser and dozens of others.
Then we have MSM , classic overeducated morons and their industry is collapsing as we speak.
We the people have the power and we are using it, by not buying these products. It's working , the tide is turning!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Wow. I’m astounded by those survey results. And I’m pretty hard to astound. That’s one of the most interesting things I’ve read in a while.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Even throwing out the university brainwashing...if you were raised in a high pop density area, the govt or their selected contractors bring you everything, they bring the water to your door, they haul away your garbage, they dispose and treat your sewage, they provide electricity, and gas, in some areas they provide you with public transportation, they provide maintenance to your street, some form of law enforcement...almost every necessity is brought to you by .gov or their selected monopoly. Of course you will think government is not just good, but necessary to a comfortable life.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Thank God, I'm A Country Boy."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ifubar great comment >exactly right.

The Real Hawkeye , agree , they deserve anything they get.
Like Stevelyn says- know who the enemy is in your own backyard.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
They live in a bubble like Washington politicians do. Their own little world has not been affected by Biden’s idiocyYET.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'm surprised the elite haven't already been all dragged out into the street and given the Gaddafi treatment.

We haven't even been able to convince ourselves to do that to all the crooks in DC, so why would we want to do it to the citizen elites?

IRFUBR
Excellent post but we the people are not moving fast enough, if we want to save the country.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
A stunning 77% of elites and 89% of super elites support the “strict rationing of meat, gas, and electricity.”
For others, but not for themselves.
Again, for others, but not for themselves.
Fifty-five percent and 70% would prevent Americans from engaging in “non-essential” air travel.
And again, for others, but not for themselves.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antlers
For others, but not for themselves.
Again, for others, but not for themselves.
And again, for others, but not for themselves.

You seem to have a firm grasp on how things work.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Don't you people understand? They themselves cannot abide by those restrictions. Their good works are too important. They need meat, for example, because it's brain food, so they can think all this stuff up. They need cars and private planes so they can travel to their important meetings around the world about how to restrict the general population so as to save the planet.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Don't you people understand? They themselves cannot abide by those restrictions. Their good works are too important. They need meat, for example, because it's brain food, so they can think all this stuff up. They need cars and private planes so they can travel to their important meetings around the world about how to restrict the general population so as to save the planet.

I give you example number 1 - John Kerry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Thank God, I'm A Country Boy."

That’s your story, but these folks think “it’s good to be King”………

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1936M71, 01Foreman400, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,656
Posts18,474,665
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.