Hop To
Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
It's easy to see for the Players but some of the Fans get sucked in.

You might honestly be the biggest douche bag on earth.

Congratulations?

The earth is pretty big. There’s at least a 50/50 chance that somewhere there’s a bigger douchebag than Burns.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Engineering is the study of other people's failures, and creating policies, processes and procedures to avoid repeating mistakes.

Half of the fun of this site is seeing what didn't work for whom and for why, and avoiding those failures.

You’re talking about Wabigoon’s steak and egg he posted a pic of the other day aren’t you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Congratulations?

The earth is pretty big. There’s at least a 50/50 chance that somewhere there’s a bigger douchebag than Burns.

Yeah, but someone IS the biggest. And I haven’t run into anyone who comes close to Burns so far.

Until I meet him, Burns has the title.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ll take it belly-deep.

From either end

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by stinkycoyote
been on quite a few forums and rokslide is #1 for product bashing to promote another

What was your previous name here?

Pretty obvious.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I’ll take it belly-deep.

From either end

Yeah, and Burns’ little sidekick is never far behind.

I bet you giggled at your cleverness when you posted that.

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by mcclure
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/vortex-lht-4-5-22-durability-test.7105709/post-9953953

Interesting post from Ilya Koshkin about Formidilosus over on snipershide from 2022... might be old news to you guys but I thought it was interesting.

I talked to the gentleman in question a couple of years ago. He seemed like a perfectly personable guy, but his results do not jive with mine. I also have the advantage of knowing the return statistics of several manufacturers. What he says about scopes sounds plausible, but does not jive with with what I have seen and what I know about the statistics of this. It also does not jive with the experience of a couple of fairly large armories I interact with for my dayjob.

I have not read everything he wrote over the years, but enough to think a lot of it is at least embellished (hunting stories) or out right silly nonsense (some of the scope tests). He does a good job of making them sound scientific, but it is really too uncontrolled of an experiment to make conclusions out of. I've been involved in designing equipment for durability testing of this stuff and I can tell you right off hand that the way he does it I can make any scope fail or any scope pass. It is as simple as that.

Beyond that, he clearly has a beef with Vortex. I do not know the origin of it, but he has never managed to find a Vortex scope that works. Not once. That's one hell of a lucky streak. He also has never managed to find a Nightforce scope that wasn't flawless, indestructible, etc. Is he a Nightforce shill? Perhaps, but he also likes older LOW designs like the SWFA SS HD and Bushnell LRHS/LRTS. I know with good amount of certainty that he does not have any personal relationship with the folks at SWFA. In other words, I have no idea where his bias comes from, but I know he hates Vortex with a passion.

He either does or did work for the military. Sometimes, he talks about it all the time and other times he goes all secret squirrel about it. I did not bother to check whether that is true or not, but he does like to sound mysterious.

He goes from forum to forum and bashes companies he does not like in more or less the same way. I know that on at least a couple of forums he got paid to stick around, presumably because he spins a nice sounding story and attracts an audience. Since it is always some form of the same nonsense, I sorta stopped paying attention to him a couple of years ago.

In case you were wondering why Form doesn't post here anymore, it looks like Rokslide is probably paying him to post over there.

Prove it.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A

Congratulations?

Yeah, but someone IS the biggest. And I haven’t run into anyone who comes close to Burns so far.

I have a lot of respect for Burns’ and Rick’s experience. I’m not a fan of all the sh*t talking and name calling. I tune most of that out. At the end of the day I look for information that I feel has value.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Akbob5

Congratulations?

I have a lot of respect for Burns’ and Rick’s experience. I’m not a fan of all the sh*t talking and name calling. I tune most of that out. At the end of the day I look for information that I feel has value.

I have a lot of respect for burns' stock. Hauling that fat dumb f uck around would be no easy task. Also his shirt buttons. Those thing must be sewn on with piano wire. If they ever fail, someone's going to lose an eye....

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/03/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
been on quite a few forums and rokslide is #1 for product bashing to promote another

this is my only handle here or there, why...what is your assumption?

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 02/03/24.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oh, just that nobody believes you've been all over the internet on other gun forums for years and just joined here for the first time recently.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Oh, just that nobody believes you've been all over the internet on other gun forums for years and just joined here for the first time recently.

Alberta Outdoorsman, look up my handle, I'm banned, explained that was trying to save everyone from covid shots etc., a lot of us were banned. Anyhow, registered since 2007 there.

Rokslide, haven't been there in awhile but same thing, you'll see I've been there since 2013.

I was on predator masters ages ago, mid to late 2000's but can't remember my handle there.

On Canadian Gunnutz since 2005 as blakeyboy, any of my old handles from that era may have been like that blakeinator etc. at some point after killing and skinning a bunch of coyotes my handle theme morphed to the oxymoron it is now.

There are plenty of members here who've seen me in those other places.

oh yeah, same handle on 6.5 Grendel forums, been there since 2017 when I got first grendel and started killing exclusively with it for 6 seasons with my kids as they came of age...

love this '24hr Campfire' is the center of the universe type questioning though...good luck with that, I might be new to you....lucky you wink

smokepole came at me like this already, you didn't see that thread? I'm old hat lol

oh crap I bet I spent time on rimfirecentral also, are these not thee forums? it'll be 3 emails ago I was on a few of them back then and couldn't remember handles, but the last part of this century I tried to keep it consistent across the board with the stinkycoyote

come to think of it, I bet I signed up here way back when also, maybe a mod could look it up somehow, would guess a blakeinator related type handle...but it was so long I didn't come here, and a couple email addresses later, when I came back I just came as stinkycoyote, and I don't do the consistency for you...I do it for me so I remember sign in and log ins easier lol, probably had the same passwords for all of them too haha

now that we've covered that...who the fack are you to question me?

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 02/03/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Congratulations?

In case you haven’t noticed, Burns and Rick are two of the biggest sht talkers around.

And, you can be knowledgeable and still be a giant douche. They are not mutually exclusive. But don’t let that stop you. It’s a free country.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Congratulations?

I have a lot of respect for burns' stock. Hauling that fat dumb f uck around would be no easy task. Also his shirt buttons. Those thing must be sewn on with piano wire. If they ever fail, someone's going to lose an eye....

I have a lot of respect for the sheep Burns keeps around. They put in a lot of time between visits from Rcamuglia

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Whiptail
I still remember Formidilosus' elk hunt.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8328789/1

About 10-15 yards above the sheer drop off, the rocks gave way and I flipped on my back tossing the rifle, knowing that I was about to go off and hoping that if I went feet first I would just break my legs... It was around a 60 foot drop and I watched rifle flip end over end until it dropped over the ledge. I was on my back sliding fast trying to grab anything to stop. The first two bushes just tore away doing nothing to slow me down. I was able to snatch the last small tree right above the drop off and it held. When it stopped me my right foot was dangling over the edge. I was still only holding on by my left hand and used my right to hit the quick releases on the pack. It broke away and shot off the cliff, taking what seemed like forever to hit.

God damn, the suckassery by grown ladies in that thread are gross. Only thing I remember about formidphonyfuck, was when I called his bullshiit, beavercunt called me chickenshit, and I got texts from a couple wannabes stating “oh he’s legit jud” , “he’s the real deal”. Funny stuff

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That elk hunt to me revealed who form really was and wasn’t to me. I did admire that he just sent it and went for it with little to no experience with that particular hunt. But the details gave him away.

Ok I gotta say it 2 guys here who were the most taken by forms “wisdom” here. Jordan smith. And god I gotta say it and I like you! jG raider. 😂😂

I still remember pointing out the 100k rounds and tikka factory barrels still on the guns. People flamed the living crap outta me and swore I was wrong.

Another guy I think that’s over rated. Koskin Let the flame show start on that. But I was the only one that went toe to toe with form and suggested otherwise despite the withering assault on my character

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by Whiptail
I still remember Formidilosus' elk hunt.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8328789/1

About 10-15 yards above the sheer drop off, the rocks gave way and I flipped on my back tossing the rifle, knowing that I was about to go off and hoping that if I went feet first I would just break my legs... It was around a 60 foot drop and I watched rifle flip end over end until it dropped over the ledge. I was on my back sliding fast trying to grab anything to stop. The first two bushes just tore away doing nothing to slow me down. I was able to snatch the last small tree right above the drop off and it held. When it stopped me my right foot was dangling over the edge. I was still only holding on by my left hand and used my right to hit the quick releases on the pack. It broke away and shot off the cliff, taking what seemed like forever to hit.

God damn, the suckassery by grown ladies in that thread are gross. Only thing I remember about formidphonyfuck, was when I called his bullshiit, beavercunt called me chickenshit, and I got texts from a couple wannabes stating “oh he’s legit jud” , “he’s the real deal”. Funny stuff

You said it better than I....

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Ok I gotta say it 2 guys here who were the most taken by forms “wisdom” here. Jordan smith. And god I gotta say it and I like you! jG raider. 😂😂

I still remember pointing out the 100k rounds and tikka factory barrels still on the guns. People flamed the living crap outta me and swore I was wrong.
The fact is, the majority of Form's opinions, statements, and results aligned with my own experience.

And you're still not getting that you were jumping the gun in crying foul over the 100k-round scope. Factory barrels make no difference if the scope has ridden on 20-50 different rifles. I'm not saying it did, just that it's entirely possible for a scope to ride on rifles for 100k rounds, and for some of the rifles it rode on to have factory barrels.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

The fact is, the majority of Form's opinions, statements, and results aligned with my own experience.

And you're still not getting that you were jumping the gun in crying foul over the 100k-round scope. Factory barrels make no difference if the scope has ridden on 20-50 different rifles. I'm not saying it did, just that it's entirely possible for a scope to ride on rifles for 100k rounds, and for some of the rifles it rode on to have factory barrels.

Exactly.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
John, the hookers up there in Nevada worth the trip?

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
Page 4 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 204guy, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,573
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.