Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Some great bottles of wine under $10 too!

Not here...........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I've had Sam's and Costco. Make mine Costco, especially their hearing aids.

Costco quality (Kirkland vs Makers Mark) is much better IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Some great bottles of wine under $10 too!

Not in Utah... frown

Carpe' Scrotum
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
150 miles to Costco from here. We hit it every time we are in Anchorage for other reasons, if they are open. My wife likes the redeye flights tho....

Hardly ever drop less than $300 there. More often in the $600 and up range.

When we lived in Kotzebue (8 years) , I'd make a trip home here every few weeks to check the place. On the way back, I'd hit Costco and fill up my 3 free cooler "bags". 50# each. Got pretty good at it too. On the airport scales they never went under 48, sometimes I'd have to take a pound or two out and "coat carry" it. Always planned on a couple small items on top for that. Plus my carry ons, and coat (big pockets!). I could get 200 # of groceries to Kotz for free (even more so when I was an Alaska air employee, flying free standby.). Pack the coolers up in the Costco parking lot before going to the airport.

Groceries were a third cheaper, at least, at Costco, than in Kotz, and stuff available there not available in Kotz.

The best example I remember was a box of Milkbone. $30 in Kotz, $11 at Costco.

We are members, indeed!

There was a meme on here a while back, about buying a beach towel at Costco.

It was about 20 x 40 feet in size. smile

Last edited by las; 02/02/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Their credit card works well for me and I just got a check for $700 cash back........gas is $.60 cheaper than Delta.....I recently got a nice leather recliner for $500.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Costco is pretty good. Better than Sams. Their refrigerated Breaded Chicken Nuggets are great.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/02/24.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
They have good employees. Its a breath of fresh air going to a store and have a damn employee actually be helpful and knowledgeable. Despite the lines and crowds the checkout is fast and friendly.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's another small example: I decided to try that Relaxium sleep supplement. On TV, it's a required subscription, and they charge $60 for 60 capsules. Was shopping in Costco and spotted Relaxium on the shelf. Exact same product. 80 capsules for $18, and on sale for $15.

It's good stuff, btw. I do in fact sleep better with it. YMMV

Costco is made for large families or group functions because everything comes in extra large size and mostly multi-packs. If you need 64 ounces of chili powder, it's great.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
I like Costco a lot.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Their eyeglasses are great too.

Who is John Galt?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
you don't have to be a member to buy alcohol at a Costco liquor store but not all stores have one

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Costco is the best

I actually don't think it's that good.

It's handy I guess.

You can beat their prices easy if you shop around a little. Kind of like Amazon.
Don't even have to try that in AK. I doubt you could beat their prices anywhere in AK.

OTOH even in TX they are convenient place to get bulk stuff and we do a few times a year. Pretty simple really. And the pricing, well time invested, driving to multiple stores probably, probably a wash.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tikkanut
good info. Just like I figured. Nothing that bothers me and will keep going with them when we have the chance.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Like it ! Unbelievable price on batteries, aaa and such .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Costco… the cheese isle is my kryptonite.

Lots of bedding type products — depending on which store you go to. Mattress prices are fantastic. Great prices on freezers, refrigerators, appliances IF YOU PAY ATTENTION.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Wife does an easy 80% or our shopping at costco. Works well with having their credit card that pays cash back once a year. We pay it off each month so no down side there.

Rick
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Forgot about customer and society changes in recent couple years, a friend found a loaded .45 in parking lot then offered it to me. Would love to have it but no thanks.
Seems like last week heard of shooting at store on westside of state.
Now when I go, must be on guard with questionable characters in parking lot or in store.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Costco… the cheese isle is my kryptonite.

Lots of bedding type products — depending on which store you go to. Mattress prices are fantastic. Great prices on freezers, refrigerators, appliances IF YOU PAY ATTENTION.
Cheese aisle (not correct spelling whistle ) kryptonite to a Dutchman?

Who'd a thunk it. grin

I have to stock up on the Jarlsberg and Peccorino Romano when I'm in the brick and mortar places.

Here, I just shop online, 3 hr or more drive to the nearest one, and they're all overcrowded, unlike the one in Clarkston WA.

Don't need them for gas here. We have Injuns selling that here.

Jim, If they ship to this remote outpost I can't see it being a problem for you. Bear in mind somethings on the website will notify you that item is not available from the store that services your area. Which is an overall drawback to them. I could find things in winter when I was off for the season wherever my wife happened to be working at the time that I couldn't find in Clarkston. And vice versa.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The membership is definitely worth the price.

CNET.com has a bunch of articles pertaining to "is a Costco membership worth it?" They say it is worth it. Also, CNBC.com states that if you intend to spend under $3000 dollars per year at Costco then go with the Gold Membership. If you're spending over $3000 annually then go with the Executive Membership. But wait, there's more! Get the Costco anywhere Visa credit card (2%) and get back 4% on your Costco purchases when combined with your Executive Membership (2%).

Btw, Costco (COST) stock closed over $709 today. They are a quality company (High Return on Equity; Stable year-over-year earnings growth; Low financial leverage).

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Definitely worth it, for the food if nothing else. Good meat and seafood is very hard to come by in regular stores here. Costco has loads. Some of their clothing has been excellent as well. I have a fleece shirt and poly filled vest that are at least 25 years old and just soldier on. Picked up a beautiful leather jacket for maybe $100 years ago. Comparable ones I’ve seen were $300-$400. Mostly these days I just order coffee and other edibles online and get free shipping.

Just go there and get a guest pass and see for yourself.

PS Definitely the best deal around on eyeglasses.

BTW, as I tap this, my big butt is sitting on a power-recliner leather sofa Costco sold me and delivered and setup. When I’m done drinking and watching tv, I’ll move said butt to a mattress I bought from them as well. Good prices on good stuff.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12savage, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,934
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.