Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Have had good luck with all Ryobi 18 volts tools.

For a bitch that doesn't work long, hard or well... they suit you.
I’ve had a bag of them for at least 25 years now. The old nicad batteries sucked. I bought new lithium ion batteries and a charger, and they all work great now.

I wouldn’t buy Ryobi for making a living tools, but for occasional around the house use, they work fine and are cheap.

Anything can work sometimes, for a few times... that doesn't resonate with making a living using such, and it's why I responded as I did. The price difference between Contractor tools and toys ain't much, and the batteries are ALWAYS better.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have both Dewalt and Milwaukee cordless drills. A Dewalt oscillating saw and a Milwaukee cordless circular saw. All have been used really hard and all are still holding up. My Milwaukee 1/2” impact driver is a horse. Got rid of my air impacts after getting it.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Makita, Ridgid (with lifetime warranty) and Ryobi (just because they are stupid/throw away cheap).

Used to run a lot of Bosch back in the day.

120v... Dewalt grinders! Milwaukee Sawzalls! Hitachi routers! PC skill saws (left cut)! Variety of others.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
First gen ryobi were workhorses. I rode mine really hard. They owed me NOTHING. batteries got bad and didnt want to "upgrade" old tech.

Was gifted Dewalt stuff twice, so its what i have and use.

Doing it from the start seems milwalkee gets consistently good reviews.

I had some makita tools years back that were solid.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am getting a good run out of my Milwaukee tools.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Fuqk dewalt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have close to two dozen Milwaukee cordless tools mostly M18 but some M12 we use for trail maintenance and small bridge construction. I've sent reconditioned eBay purchases back and they have repaired them all for free and returned the with free shipping!! Most recently I sent them three M18 Fuel Hackzalls and a m12 inflator all repaired and returned for free.

The M18 Quik-loc pole saw cuts way above its pay grade, super happy with it. I believe it has a real Oregon chain! Plus we have string trimmer, brush cutter and sweeper attachments for it. A recent purchase is the new top handle chainsaw which is great except it overheats batteries. We'll have to try the new "Forge" batteries in it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Mostly Milwaukee here. I do have two Mikita drills and a lawnmower. All have been fine.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Dremel has a good warranty

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Would love to be in with Milwaukee, but have 4 like new DeWalt tools w/bad batts. so just ordered 2 new batteries for them.

Have a bud that builds pole barns & used Craftsman. I helped him for a couple years & those tools were good to go. But when Sears started going tits up he had trouble finding batteries, etc. He went to Milwaukee & hasn't looked back. Treats tools like Schtick treats rifles & the tools hold up.

I think Milwaukee is it, when you're talkin Chev, Ford, Dodge. But used a few Hilti tools for a couple years & totally blown away by the smaller impacts. But have ya seen the prices on their stuff!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have Milwaukees. I've had 2 tools fail and their warranty service is great. I get a prepaid mailing label from their repair site, give it to UPS and 7 to 10 days later I have a repaired tool up and running again. Both repairs were just switches. When I sent in my drill, they also replaced the chuck since it showed a lot of wear.

I got a pair of 5ah knockoff batteries for them on Amazon. They worked good for a couple years but they're getting weak compared to the older OEM batteries. They're good for the price, though. They don't fit my angle grinder or sawzall very well, though. I have to pound them in and out. They fit the drills fine.

Last summer I got a Milwaukee 6" battery circular saw. Dang little thing runs like a scalded cat. Heavy lumber slows it down a bit compared to a larger saw, but for most uses it sails right through.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just an fyi, Milwaukee tools are Chinese. They are part of the TTI group out of Hong Kong.

Click Here

Here's a chart of who owns what in the tool market -

[Linked Image from protoolreviews.com]

Click Here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One BIG advantage of Milwaukee is that they keep the same battery style as their tools evolve. 10 years from now, you'll likely still be able to use the same batteries and chargers as the tools you bought 10 years ago.
Try that with Porter Cable - every time they change something on their drills, you end up having to get a different style style battery that just happens to no longer work with your old charger. Screw them.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by walt501
Just an fyi, Milwaukee tools are Chinese. They are part of the TTI group out of Hong Kong.

Click Here

Here's a chart of who owns what in the tool market -

[Linked Image from protoolreviews.com]

Click Here.

Chart also says Caterpillar is owned by the Chinese. Lol

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A friend of mine has some kind of deal with Hilti. He owns/operates a glass business. All his stuff is hilti and he loves them, any kind of issues with one of the tools or batteries and they come swap them out for him. For myself, porter cable did not hold up, even for just around the house things. All my stuff is currently dewalt for the time being but I don't have a business, its just for little projects around the house so they work for me. All that stuff was Gifted anyways.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gamma4diesel
A friend of mine has some kind of deal with Hilti. He owns/operates a glass business. All his stuff is hilti and he loves them, any kind of issues with one of the tools or batteries and they come swap them out for him. For myself, porter cable did not hold up, even for just around the house things. All my stuff is currently dewalt for the time being but I don't have a business, its just for little projects around the house so they work for me. All that stuff was Gifted anyways.

And I bet he swaps those Hiltis out quite a bit. Total junk! We had a union member talk the big wigs into buying all Hilitis. His wife was a rep. This is defense industry. It better be tough! In 3 months 3/4 were swapped out numerous times. CEO said enough of this schit and dumped em. Everything in production is Milwaukee. Maintenance still uses some DeWalt. But as soon as they go tits up everything will be Milwaukee.

Make no mistake, Milwaukee fails too in our environment. But we have some guns still going 3 yrs. Way longer than most brands that came through the door.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Bosch, Cummins factories run the hell out of them, 24-7

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve had Dewalt drills and string trimmer.. Have had zero problems, but I’m not a heavy user.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Rigid is your friend!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Rigid sucks when you need to get your "Free Batteries for Life". Home Depot no longer honors Rigid's warrany.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (17Fan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,318
Posts18,487,346
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.