Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dear New Boss,

Got a feeling not like the old boss. Just so ya know what I know, besides what keeps this [bleep] show on schedule. All this Woke Ass [bleep] has [bleep] this country up to hell. The COVID campaign was a hoax that bankrupted my wife's 20 year old business and screwed up our daughter's head for losing out on her senior year. Her friends are all in therapy. She's not. She's in the army, transitioning to a "boy." We can't get through to her. She's headed to the Middle East somewhere to lay it on the line for Israel's last stand. My lousy salary only lasts for two aisles in Walmart these days, but we can't push a cart around all the illegals mumbling gibberish that don't understand Si vous plais - get out the way! And just so ya know, I don't do face diapers, take clot shots or care if you're pink, green,or black all over, or do whatever the hell you do - as long as you leave me alone. And if you must know, my pronouns are Don't Tread On Me!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I disagree with Acesnight. Everyone telling the new management who they are and what they do and their experience tells them a lot. Otherwise, they would have to have secretaries pull all the personnel files and sift through a lot of records. Short letters from everyone is easier for them to see who they have working for them. I would however, welcome them to the company. Non abrasive, facts, and welcoming them will go a long way with them.

I worked for a company for 40 years. Retired when I was 60. We had a very good CEO that grew the company and gave us a lot of benefits. Last CEO when I retired, ran the company down, reduced work force, then sold the company. New company was going to get rid of pension, so I took my pension as a lump sum and put it in an IRA. I also had a 401k. It was a utility. So they closed all the local offices and made everyone call an 800 number for any kind of service, etc. They put electronic meter readers on all meters so they cut back meter readers by 80-90%. Service department stopped servicing appliances so the reduced the service department to doing turn on's and turn off's to moving customers. Just not the same. The company had about 500,000 customers when they sold, probably less now. They got rid of the marketing department that worked with builders and developers. Now, who is going to work and pay for the social security of those who retired. They now have more retirees than workers. Sad. Only the construction department was kept in tact for maintenance and repairs. Contractors install new expansions. Sad ending.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by StGeorger
I can't imagine the new top dogs wanting to read a stack of kiss ass letters.

I missed the paragraph in which I did that.....

The whole concept of you having to write an “introduction letter” to the new CEO and CFO is pointless and all about ass kissing and to be sure some will take full advantage of it.

I don’t blame you at all for doing it since you’ve been told to and you want to keep your job. From a practical standpoint it’s corporate woke BS.

Are you an asset to the company or not? He’s the new CEO he should figure it out based on what you actually do at work. The new CEO and CFO are not going to figure that out by asking everyone for carefully worded letters. Who gives a fugg about your community involvement at the Fraternal Order of the Moose that may or may not be part of the ass kissing in and of itself. Or the rest of your personal non-work life. All while trying to work key words and phrases such as “team” into as many sentences as possible.

Again I’m not nocking you at all. I get that you want to keep your job and that it’s the way things are but it’s all typical meaningless corporate BS IMO.

Your response demonstrates the "Open Contempt" you have for the new management team...

THAT... is exactly what the new management team is hoping to extract from the tasking they set forth.

LOL

I absolutely get that. Which is why if I wanted to keep the job I would be doing exactly what the OP and everyone else that has been told to write a letter to management will be doing. Carefully crafting a letter full of BS. Personally I would be resenting every minute of it.

I get zero pleasure from this letter or the fact I was put in a position requiring the composition of such

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I f I was asked to do that i would submit a 2 week resignation letter..... sounds like your company may have gone woke?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Unless you work for a really small company your CEO won’t read this. He can’t.

I would start by congratulating him on his new job, tell him your position, tell him what you think the top one or two challenges facing the company are and offer your support.

And if you ever meet him don’t be too disappointed if he doesn’t say “Oh, you’re the one with two granddaughters!”.

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
We have brand new tip top management at the company I work for.

My regional HR manager said everyone under the umbrella of salary should send a letter.

I've never been asked to do so nor have I ever coined such tripe but here it is before being submitted.

Please critique

Hello,
I would like to take a few minutes to introduce myself to our new management team.
I started with our company in late May 1988 only hours after graduating from Poplar Bluff Tech. I enjoyed a four year Missouri State Accredited Apprenticeship program in the trade of Precision Injection Mold Making and this was completed in 1992. In my next four years I honed my craft as I was also trained in people and job management skills and by early 1997 I was awarded the position of Journeyman and in less six months later I was promoted to Leadman over New Build Cell #2.
New mold build gave me the assignment of being in charge of managing the cost and building 12 to 14 new injection molds per year as well as managing 8 to 10 toolmakers in my crew. I held that position for many years until transitioning to a much smaller staffing scenario as our very large tooling department was dissolved by new management.
Many years have passed and as I find myself accepting a new and exciting role with RPS I understand it comes with a big responsibility of performance, education, technical correspondence and the always important ROI.
With each couple weeks I will be exploring a new assignment but I will be working very hard to make an impact with each day. Whether it's my ability to use various machines, troubleshoot molds or molding applications or educate fellow employees you can rest assured that my goals are deeply rooted in improving RPS in any facet I can touch and hope to take this new venture into new heights of refinement.
About me...
I was born in St Louis Missouri and I'm happily married to my wife Tricia for over 35. She is a Medical Professional in Behavioral Health for nearly 32 years. We have two sons that are in their early 30's with two Granddaughters.
We enjoy family time and spending time with friends. I'm active in our local Rescue Mission and do my best to stay active in several Nation/Local Lodges.
With over so many years of service to our company I think my loyalty is unquestionable but I truly hope my future holds unparalleled growth.
In this era of job hopping I am proud to be still here today!

tedthorn

Generally very good but be careful with capitalizing non-proper nouns. Such as Precision Injection Mold Making, Medical Professional, Behavioral Health, Granddaughters, Rescue Mission, Nation(al?)/Local Lodges, etc. https://www.grammarly.com/blog/capitalization-rules/#2e

And "refinement" might sound like gilding the lily. Is it in your job description to "refine"? If not, maybe use "improve" instead.

Nice job on your life, too.

Last edited by plumbum; 02/04/24.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by StGeorger
I can't imagine the new top dogs wanting to read a stack of kiss ass letters.

I missed the paragraph in which I did that.....

You didn’t, I don’t know why people have to be so rude.

But keep this in mind. It’s your human nature to want to talk (or write) about what’s important to you. And you did a good job of that. It’s your new CEO’s human nature to want to hear about something that’s important to him.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Looks fine. Hand it in and move on with your life.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I thought you were self employed!

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
If'n I was doin' that it would start out like this:

Hello,

I was born an azzhole, don't have to work at it every day.

I'll fit right in, so what do you say?

You forgot to add a GFY in there somewhere. In fact, I'm disappointed that this went into page 4 without the GFY suggestion.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You have a computer, look up a decent resume form, them copy it, inserting your data. Just the facts. I would not turn in a letter form of information. What you give them should be professional in every respect, especially if you are a leader or manager of any type..

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Revere Plastics?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
I f I was asked to do that i would submit a 2 week resignation letter..... sounds like your company may have gone woke?

And then go into injection mold manufacturing on your own......

Maybe buy a 40,000 square ft building stocked full of 3 phase electric and then populate it with all the necessary machines, materials and........customers

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by plumbum
Nice job on your life, too.

Thank You

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drop_point
Revere Plastics?

Yes

Do you know RPS?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I thought you were self employed!

Frankenstud Sling Keeper?

That is my side gig that generates just enough money to pay for some of my hunting and fishing addictions

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Good enough.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
You might add, you are looking forward to the future success of the company. Word smith it where applicable. New management is always looking to cut costs. The easiest way to cut costs, reduce the work force. Give the impression you ride for the brand!! One page easy to read!! You got this.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Take the short cut.
Tell 'em to POUND SAND. Then go find a new, better job. Your present one has misery and disappointment written all over it.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I say seal it with a kiss and hand it in, but that is just me, the last job I had the company sold out, we all had to reapply for our positions, they did their interviews and I told the guy I’m not looking for a carrier I already had two of them just need a few years to retire, they accepted that and kept me on. Retired 6 years ago.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1OntarioJim, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.