Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 27 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 26 27
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by drop_point
Aww poor little girl projecting again. She just can't take it that she can't figure out how to make a scope work.

We know you have zero hunting experience. No need to prove it.

This and other lies you tell. I'm surprised you can type so well with one hand giving your boyfriend a Handy.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I do a fair bit of mountain hunting and competition shooting, and both are hard on scopes in various ways.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Aww poor little girl projecting again. She just can't take it that she can't figure out how to make a scope work.

We know you have zero hunting experience. No need to prove it.

This and other lies you tell. I'm surprised you can type so well with one hand giving your boyfriend a Handy.

Again with the homo-erotic fantasies......it's revealing.

You seem to be completely obsessed with shooting Comps and gay s hit. We get it.

We also understand how clueless you are.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
We don't understand how you can type one-handed so well. Must be all the handy practice. You're a joke.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I do a fair bit of mountain hunting and competition shooting, and both are hard on scopes in various ways.

Yup.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We don't understand how you can type one-handed so well. Must be all the handy practice. You're a joke.

You literally have not made a post in this thread that was on topic. Your posts in this thread are primarily trying to convince people that competitions are relevant (because you like them). Ok.

Now do you or anyone else have evidence Form is paid by optic companies?

The answer is no.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JDK
Blindly trusting any anonymous online user doesn’t seem like a good practice.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Why not just trust yourself and your experience? Works for me..

My thoughts also.

I get entertainment out of the personalities on here and have learned tidbits from most of them. I tend to question the fanboys of any of them. Be your own person.

Ultimately, you have to sort through all the information presented. Take into account egos, financial interests, then make your own decision. Continue evaluating based on your experience and move forward.

I am fortunate enough to have a friend that builds accurate rifles, shoots a lot and has no personal agenda except putting bullet where intended and offering assistance if asked. If it works, he uses it. If it doesn't he moves on.

Have respect for those on here that offer help, without the drama.

The world is full of knowledgeable people, the nice thing is... You can decide who to learn from. grin

Arcus Venator
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The form haters instinctively make me root for form

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

How much does rifle weight come into play?

A Montana shooting a .308 at 6.5lbs all done up vs a chunky rifle shooting a .308 at 17lbs (say?)

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure what to think, really, but I do suspect those with the strongest opinions...

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yeah I think I am going to go mount a 6x42 leupold and go hunt this spring.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by bwinters
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
"The Illya guy" has been in the optics business for decades, both as an engineer and an executive in charge of various aspects from engineering to manufacturing, working for various companies. He's also a very avid shooter, who knows scopes both inside and outside, in the field.

Pardon the pissing match for a second. Who is this "Illya guy"

Yeah I had to go back a bit. It’s a guy on snipers hide who said that form had outlandish stories and had an ax to grind with vortex.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He goes by koshkin here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guarantee I hunt more than you think about hunting...and not from a heated box blind. Probably shoot more too.

Be outraged.

People hate form because he dare push back against the fuddlore wives tales do-nothing-betas live by. Just like you.

I only hunted about two months in total days...so you're right, you probably sat in your climate controlled blind far more than I hunted this yr.

J_H,

What species in what AO's did you hunt those two months? Would love to see success pics and equipment data...thanks!

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, because his name in Ilya (not "Illya") Koshkin. But he doesn't post much here anymore (only 16 times in 2023, and none so far in 2024), probably because he got tired of the Campfire optics forum BS.

Met him at the SHOT Show around 20 years ago, after we'd corresponded some.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I guarantee I hunt more than you think about hunting...and not from a heated box blind. Probably shoot more too.

Be outraged.

People hate form because he dare push back against the fuddlore wives tales do-nothing-betas live by. Just like you.

I only hunted about two months in total days...so you're right, you probably sat in your climate controlled blind far more than I hunted this yr.

J_H,

What species in what AO's did you hunt those two months? Would love to see success pics and equipment data...thanks!

Species? Elk, antelope, huns, and chukar. Equipment data??

Do you have any evidence Form gets paid by nightforce or forums?

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/04/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Be outraged.

J_H,

Equipment data like rifles (action/stock/chamberings/bullets), optics(ie this thread!): scopes, binocs, spotters...that stuff. And AO's.

That's why a lot of us come here. To learn that stuff...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Be outraged.

J_H,

Equipment data like rifles (action/stock/chamberings/bullets), optics(ie this thread!): scopes, binocs, spotters...that stuff. And AO's.

That's not the topic of this thread.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Be outraged.

J_H,

That's not the topic of this thread.

Sorry, didn't mean to veer off topic. I have one of the lowest post:years here ratios of active users on the site.

What WOULD be the appropriate thread to learn such?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal

How much does rifle weight come into play?

A Montana shooting a .308 at 6.5lbs all done up vs a chunky rifle shooting a .308 at 17lbs (say?)
The heavier rifle reduces recoil forces transferred to the scope, but increases forces from being bumped and banged around.

Page 9 of 27 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1badf350, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 56 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,924
Posts18,518,884
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.