Print Thread
Hop To
C
cra1948 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
anybody use them? Experiences? Brands you would recommend or stay away from?

Mathew 22: 37-39

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Following
I would like to know more

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Now you have my interest.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Do they stay attached better than the magnetic ones?

I forsee a box of dropped lights coming to a boat ramp near you!

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Are these attached to the trailer permanently? Or harbor freight magnetic plus duct tape style?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"You've got a bad ground."

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
cra1948 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 5sdad
"You've got a bad ground."

That's always the first thing I look at with trailer light problems, no exceptions. That being said, there are a plethora of other issues that can arise with trailer light wiring and the situation is exponentially aggravated when you're in and out of salt/brackish water frequently, whether you wash down thoroughly religiously or not. Even supposedly well-sealed, LED units give problems eventually.

I use my boat a lot, not a weekend warrior. In fact, I avoid weekends on the water completely three months of the year. I've been fighting this battle for fifty years and I'm sick of it, utility trailers, horse trailers, quad trailers and especially boat trailers. Just seems if there's a quality sending unit to plug into the flat-four outlet on the truck and lighting units that can be easily and securely installed, removed as necessary, it would make my life just a little bit better. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with such a setup.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I don't see how it would make anything better, but see how it would greatly complicate things. The lights will still need power, so do they have individual batteries? There will also need to be an antenna and circuitry to work the right light bulb (tail running lights, stop light, turn signal).

C
cra1948 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by AKislander
I don't see how it would make anything better, but see how it would greatly complicate things. The lights will still need power, so do they have individual batteries? There will also need to be an antenna and circuitry to work the right light bulb (tail running lights, stop light, turn signal).

From what I've been able to learn they run on individual, internal, rechargeable batteries with several hours running time. The matter of circuitry in the sending unit and lighting units is kind of a simple thing to do in this day and age. I don't think the antenna requirements are real demanding for components twenty some odd feet apart. Think about your cell phone and all the other stuff that operates wirelessly.

I know the stuff is out there, I'm just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with it and if there are brands to be recommended or avoided.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Without wires how would you recharge the batteries?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

C
cra1948 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Without wires how would you recharge the batteries?

There are lots of small electrical/electronic devices that can be recharged wirelessly these days...many cell phones, watches, etc. Maybe they have a little recharging port like a lot of other devices have.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
tag

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They're pretty much useless to me. The one's I've seen can last 8 hours (optomistic) then need a 2-3 hr recharge. That gets me to the mountains but I can't get home with no lights unless I hook them to solar or a generator. If you run with daytime lights, you're limited to 8 hrs of driving before you have to recharge. That's a killer for RVers. What's so hard about hard wired lights, anyway?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1minute, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,590
Posts18,473,439
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.