Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Friends in AK send me a package once in a while and ask if I received it. Nope. Apparently the postmaster was slapping his own labels on packages he liked.
Now they no longer send me anything.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm hoping Trump can terminate the postal service next time around.

A
AU7MM08 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Blame your trump installed postmaster general louis deJoy’s actions. They vowed to destroy the post office, and he's still at it and diligently following trumps orders. Most incompetent person to have ever been installed in charge of such an important agency. Of course, as were all trumps appointees.

Phil

What happens on the national/federal level is largely irrelevant with regards to someone in [bleep] Montgomery, Alabama stealing a package.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Blame your trump installed postmaster general louis deJoy’s actions. They vowed to destroy the post office, and he's still at it and diligently following trumps orders. Most incompetent person to have ever been installed in charge of such an important agency. Of course, as were all trumps appointees.

Phil

That doesn’t make sense. If he’s very incompetent, then how could he work and succeed at such a devious plan? Doesn’t it have to be one or the other? 🤔

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You expect them to pay $2,000 on an item you bought for $400? Pretty sure that’s not gonna happen. I don’t think you can ‘over-insure’ and item and expect them to pay more than the item is worth. Since you established that the item was worth $400, that’s all you are likely to get out of them. My bet is it will show up eventually.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
These bitch sessions are so much fun. USPS, Leupold, Ford, Chevy, Ram and the list goes on for worst products available, yet the same people think Henry is a good looking gun.

I have had way more dealings that went right with USPS than the total of the list of complaints. I had a really rare Sako mannlicher in 218 Bee that got busted in shipment. It was obvious by the damage that it was intentional. It was a $4,000.00 rifle. The sender had to file the claim, I had to take the busted gun into the local post office to complete the claim. The sender was paid his total insured price and the last I saw of the gun it was headed toward the warehouse with the Arc of The Covenant.

UPS and FedEx are worse, they are the reason why you can’t ship a firearm anymore with them. Just try sending any gun with those bandits and you will find out how worthless they are. They claim the theft is too great and the only people stealing their stuff is their own employees…

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending...6YMNZJYJFU7HY6DCZJHFZC3U/?outputType=amp

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

And for all practical purposes, eliminate the only way to ship a gun without going through an FFL.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

And for all practical purposes, eliminate the only way to ship a gun without going through an FFL.

Done right - FFL's go away too.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven't shipped a gun with USPS but we've received a lot of packages through them. Normally, stuff coming here will go to Boise. They run an overnight truck to here for next day delivery. I don't know how many times stuff has left Boise coming this way but it's next port of call is Billings, MT or Louisville, KY.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
AU7MM08 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by K1500
You expect them to pay $2,000 on an item you bought for $400? Pretty sure that’s not gonna happen. I don’t think you can ‘over-insure’ and item and expect them to pay more than the item is worth. Since you established that the item was worth $400, that’s all you are likely to get out of them. My bet is it will show up eventually.

What I paid is irrelevant, it’s the replacement value that is the explanation for $2,000.
Find me a new in stock/available Supergrade Maple in 30-06.

There’s one on Gunbroker for $1870+$40 shipping + transfer.

If I sell you a 1oz pure 9999 Gold bar for $1, is the Gold Bar actually worth $1 because “you established that the item was worth $1.” or is the item actually worth $2,100 and you have a $2,099 positive equity position?????

Don’t be dense

Last edited by AU7MM08; 02/08/24.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T

The market will find a replacement

A
AU7MM08 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I received a text yesterday at lunch.
It arrived into St Louis.
I’m hoping that the rifle is still in the box and it’s not empty.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I had $3000 incoming in four different packages. All were mailed between 12/28 to Jan 3. I spoke to my local post office & was told to make a Special Service request. All of my packages were delivered the following day of the special service request on Jan 30. One of the mail hubs in the Houston area had been sitting on the packages for weeks.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/s...285-41297c64-2609-4be9-bdaf-5a485baccbd3

And apparently, it's not over yet.

Last edited by Reloder28; 02/08/24.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

The market will find a replacement

Don't hold your breath on that one.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by AU7MM08
I recently picked up a brand new Winchester Model70 Supergrade in 30-06, it had a cracked/split stock.
I paid $400.
I’ve got the original box, packaging etc from the guy who originally bought it.

Called Winchester, they said it was made in 2022, has a 5 year warranty, but they needed the complete gun in order to replace the stock, not just the stock.

Saturday 1/27 I carefully packaged up the rifle in a plain nondescript brown box, put $2,000 of insurance on it and sent it off, that ran $80 for shipping.

The rifle was supposed to the Winchester service center outside St Louis on Tuesday 1/30.

The tracking has not updated since I dropped it off/paid.

Called Winchester this morning, they have not received the gun.

I’ve filed a claim with USPS but I’m pretty certain my Supergrade was stolen.

Frustrated but focused on getting this figured out and my $2,000 of insurance money

Dang, that looks horrible. Like it was badly mishandled. Sorry about the hassle buddy. I hope they fix the situation sooner.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I've been waiting for a package for a month now. Phone the shipper yesterday and they will look into it. Expecting a phone call back today and this might turn into a refund. Pain in the butt.
Meanwhile, had place an order with another business in the States and got my packages in about a week. So what the hell?

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Did ya try any Gorilla Glue? That stuff works miracles.

Black Cows Matter!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

If a postal employee is responsible for that ^ ^ ^ ^
they need to have a leg similarly treated

A
AU7MM08 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by muleshoe

Did ya try any Gorilla Glue? That stuff works miracles.

I thought about DIY but why bother if it’s under a 5yr warranty.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by K1500
No so. It isn’t what HE establishes the value at. It’s what USPS establishes the value at.

One of my handmade knives was insured and valued at $500. Stolen by USPS employee per USPS! They said “We can’t go on what YOU say the value is”. My reply was “We had a willing seller (me) and a willing buyer (her) and the documentation shows the value was established at $500, which is what YOU willingly insured it for. They told me to go pound sand, they weren’t paying one nickel.

Had the same situation with FedEx. Insured. FedEx driver delivered it to the incorrect address (apartment complex) per their records. Cut me a check on the spot.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 64 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,258
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.