Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Bwana_1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
She has been found guilty on all 4 charges of involuntary manslaughter, as the parent of a child that shot up a school.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could set a hell of a precedent for all the urban hoodlums and their offspring.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like BS.

Politics is War by Other Means
Bwana_1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Could set a hell of a precedent for all the urban hoodlums and their offspring.

Agreed, and also any household that contains firearms. If your minor child commits a crime with a gun, they can hold you legally responsible. In this case because of known mental health issues and lack of safe weapon storage.

This is the first real game changer I've seen where a gun owner, is held responsible for others actions....just think of the money that will be in play with a 10-20 child shooting at some school somewhere, and the gun was stolen from parents home.

This is big really.

Bwana_1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The father goes on trial next.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
She has been found guilty on all 4 charges of involuntary manslaughter, as the parent of a child that shot up a school.
This is not something that should be celebrated. Giving the demonrats another way to fugg over gun owners is never good. Mark my words, if a criminal brakes into your house and steals a gun, then uses it to kill someone, they will try and take you down. Not good at all

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The Sandy Hook mom knew her kid was messed up.
Classic denial, she still had guns around the kid, even took him shooting.
But he got around any safeguards she might have thought she had ( if she had any ) by killing her first.

If ya got a messed up kid, act accordingly. Unfortunately from some cases Ive read about, the parents dont do diddly.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Of course the Sandy Hook kid also drove a Toyota to the school he shot up. I have never heard of a lawsuit against Toyota from that.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunchamp
This is not something that should be celebrated ....l

I understand your point gunchamp, but in this case there was some extraordinary negligence. Frankly, if it were my kid that got shot, I would've have gone after the parents too (Ethan was 16 years old):

To prove its case, the prosecution attempted to portray Crumbley as a neglectful mother, who cared more about her hobbies and carrying on an extramarital affair than spending time with her son. Then, when she and her husband gifted their son a semi-automatic handgun in the days before the shooting, prosecutors pointed out that neither of them properly stored it.

On the same day as the shooting, when the Crumbleys were earlier summoned to the school because of a disturbing drawing of a gun made by their son, the parents didn't tell school officials he had access to a weapon or take him home.

Ethan would go on to kill four students: Shilling; Madisyn Baldwin, 17; Tate Myre, 16; and Hana St. Juliana, 14.

Last edited by SupFoo; 02/06/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah you don't go buy your mentally disturbed son a Sig Sauer and expect it to end well

IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
On the 13th of this month, here in Michigan, if your gun is Not locked up and used in a murder, your liable to get up to 15 years in the clink. Bull chit Democrat law, a L so Red Flag law goes into place on the 13th.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Bwana_1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is not something that should be celebrated. Giving the demonrats another way to fugg over gun owners is never good. Mark my words, if a criminal brakes into your house and steals a gun, then uses it to kill someone, they will try and take you down. Not good at all

You certainly misunderstood the intent of my post, I agree with you....it's another way to strike down gun ownership, you are making the very point that my post was making.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SupFoo
This is not something that should be celebrated ....l

... when she and her husband gifted their son a semi-automatic handgun in the days before the shooting, prosecutors pointed out that neither of them properly stored it.

They didn't store it loaded in a handy spot?!!! Those Bastards!!!

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Where do you draw the line? If you leave a loaded pistol on the kitchen table and let your three-year-old grab it and shoot somebody, you're negligent.

If you have a well-adjusted teenager who you've taught gun safety to, that's one thing. If you have an unhinged, goth-dressing mal-adjusted teenager on three kinds of psychoactive drugs and anti-depressants, that's another.

I'm not smart enough to know where the line is, just saying that parents do have some level of responsibility for what their minor kids do.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye
Of course the Sandy Hook kid also drove a Toyota to the school he shot up. I have never heard of a lawsuit against Toyota from that.

He also killed his mother in order to gain access to her gun safe IIRC.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Its not Democrats. It was a jury. Did you hear the evidence they heard? I doubt it. There's nothing to see here---- straightforward application of the law of involuntary manslaughter to a parent who gave firearms access to her kid when she knew he was seriously mentally ill and wanted to kill someone.

Tarquin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is entirely a different situation. They provided the kid with a gun and taught him how to use it. It's my understanding that the kid had mental issues (no kidding!) and they did nothing about it. Parents are supposed to be responsible for their underage kids. This is far different than someone stealing your gun.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
He was 15, they bought him the gun as a present. They knew the kid was nutty. I think mom and dad are guilty of manslaughter.

Bwana_1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
This is entirely a different situation. They provided the kid with a gun and taught him how to use it. It's my understanding that the kid had mental issues (no kidding!) and they did nothing about it. Parents are supposed to be responsible for their underage kids. This is far different than someone stealing your gun.

I agree this case hinged on consequential disregard for the obvious issues of mental health & safe gun storage, but many of these same issues can be applied in law abiding legal gun owners situations.....this will be used as a precedent in the future, for ANY implied shortcomings in parenting or gun storage.

How many solid 16-17 year old's have a shotgun in their bedroom, that they hunt with ?...... I had a lot more than that in my bedroom when that age, along with ammo.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
So let’s combine today’s ruling on Mrs. Crumley with the the DC circuit ruling against Trump. That means Obama and Holder should finally be charged with murder for their illegal Fast and Furious gun running operation into Mexico. You know, the one where some of the guns were later used to murder US citizens?

I’m sure they’re writing the indictments right now.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.