Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Still in mint condition, like new, and includes the original box and all accessories shown in the pictures: https://imgur.com/a/98AuNXa

Vortex Razor
HD Gen III Scope
1-10x24
RZR-1102
EBR-9 MRAD Reticle
Riflescope
Waterproof
Length 10.1"
Eye relief 3.3.2"
Tube Diameter 1.33" / 34mm

The price has been reduced to $1400, including shipping. Don't miss out on this deal!
For any questions, please send a private message. I'm happy to answer them.

Attached Images
1.jpg (56.95 KB, 720 downloads)
2.jpg (28.07 KB, 719 downloads)
Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 02/06/24. Reason: Details Added
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Sent pm

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Not sure what going on here.

Not my scope, not my post.

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I almost sent that 1400 bucks via PayPal.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Not sure what going on here.

Not my scope, not my post.

DF

Change your forum password ASAP

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have a guy texting me that he is you and the scope is still for sale. Crazy!

B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
Tagging this just to be reminded how elaborate these scammers are getting. Hate to see it here. Good job to The Real Dirtfarmer for exposing him so fast!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have a phone number for this guy.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BamBam
I have a phone number for this guy.
May be a good idea to pass that info to Rick.

He worked with me and knows his stuff.

And, I did change my password per his suggestion. In fact, he sent me one to use.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by bgood50
Tagging this just to be reminded how elaborate these scammers are getting. Hate to see it here. Good job to The Real Dirtfarmer for exposing him so fast!!!
Ha!

Maybe I need to change my handle to "The Real Dirtfarmer" Sorta like the ring of that....

DF

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I’m curious how someone could hack my Fire account and somehow insert another email address on record with Rick.

Rick was trying to send me a temp password but I never got it. Evidently it was going to the other email address. Which is scary, as the perp could potentially use that one to get back in.

Rick and I texted back and forth and I convinced him the Gmail address he had for me was not mine. Gave him the right one, he sent me a new password and I logged in.

In the meantime I wasn’t able to warn folks this was a scam listing, being unable to log in.

Fortunately Rick was quick and I was able to get in.
Anyone ever experience anything like that? I wonder how the scammer pulled that off and substituted my Fire email address for his. I’m guessing it was his, sure wasn’t mine.

If Rick can get this persons number, maybe with the email address, he can track him down.

DF

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Rick's ancient software I suspect.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I got a PM from Bambam, who wanted the scope. I let him know via PM that this was a bogus deal, not mine.

It took a while for me to get back on the Fire so I could expose this as a scam.

Evidently the perp made another contact as "Dirtfarmer", stating that this item was still available.

My question, how could my 24HCF email of record be substituted, which confused the whole deal and delayed me getting back on.

Fortunately PM's saved the day. I couldn't log in, but Bambam could PM me and I could answer him.

I don't understand much of this electronic stuff, wrong generation I guess, but this is a curiosity.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hacker hacks a forum database and gets usernames and passwords.

Runs a Google search for username and finds it on another forum.

Tries the login creds from the forum he hacked. If they work, he changes the email, password, and contact info on the profile and gets to scamming. That’s how you got locked out of your own account, and how your email was changed.

He’s hoping for quick electronic transfers with no recourse for the sender before someone gets wise.

You mentioned another forum. CHECK THAT PROFILE/ACCOUNT ASAP!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Thanks, Rick.

I’m gonna do just that.

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I sent Rick the telephone number that he was using. I didn’t speak to the guy. just text….

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Hope this guy can be exposed.

We don’t need those types.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Hope this guy can be exposed.

We don’t need those types.

DF
Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
The guy needs a week long blanket party.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys and gals:

A reminder:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

1] Firstly, the 24hourcampfire Classifieds run on the concept of CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE), and also of individual responsibility.

24HOURCAMPFIRE DOES NOT GET INVOLVED IN DISPUTES BETWEEN THIRD PARTIES RESULTING FROM FREE CLASSIFIEDS TRANSACTIONS!

A] BUYER BEWARE - You as a buyer, and only you, are responsible to do all your due diligence before you agree to purchase anything, and MAKE SURE you do not get defrauded. When you enter into a transaction to purchase an item, you as the buyer ASSUME ALL RISKS. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

B] You are responsible for complying with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations which affect the sale and transfer of any and all items sold, purchased, or otherwise transferred from party to party, including firearms and ammunition. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE TO COMPLY WITH ALL FFL REQUIREMENTS!

2] SUGGESTIONS:

A] CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. Recent scammers have been able to access the account of longstanding members of websites across the Internet by hacking other databases/websites for login credentials. If a member is using the same username/password on multiple websites the scammers are able to utilize those credentials to login to ANY website where they are valid. They can run an Internet search for a username, and they are then able to login using that common password. Then, they impersonate a long-time member and try to make quick sales, OFTEN RESPONDING TO WTB ADS, or posting BELOW-MARKET PRICES on desireable items ... and demanding instant digital payment.

So ...

MAKE YOUR PASSWORD DIFFICULT: Use CAPITAL and lower case letters, numbers, AND SYMBOLS.

HAVE A UNIQUE, HIGHLY SECURE PASSWORD FOR EVERY WEBSITE! This is key.

B] VENMO, ZELLE, PAYPAL (especially F&F (friends and family)), and other instant payment methods offer NO or VERY LITTLE RECOURSE for buyers. Postal Money Orders are overrated and not much better. THINK TWICE before doing business with a seller who insists on one of these types of payments. Consider writing PERSONAL CHECKS or funding through a CREDIT CARD that offers you recourse as a buyer.

BUYER BEWARE!

FOLLOW ALL LAWS!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,660
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.