Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Durango_Dave
Two guys have road rage on the highway. The OP pulls a gun.
The OP posts online to get us on his side.
The other guy calls the cops right away to get them on his side.

This looks REALLY BAD for the OP.
There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO CHANCE any court will say pulling out a firearm is a good response to an aggressive driver on the highway.
Zero, zilch not going to happen.

Takeaways:
1. NEVER pull a gun for an aggressive driver.
2. If you ever have to draw your gun call the police first. This is important.
For example lets say someone approaches you and says "give me all your money".
You pull you gun. The would be robber runs off and calls the police on you. The police come and you are armed and the would be crook is not. Even if he was he wouldn't keep the gun when calling the police.
Maybe it doesn't have to be a robbery. Maybe it's just someone being aggressive and threatening. If you pull your gun and the other guy calls the police, you have an uphill battle proving your innocence.

It's been a while since the OP has posted. I hope he's doing good.

The other guy did not call the cops right away. He went to eat, then supposedly talked to friends, then after he figured out what story he wanted to use, he called the cops over 30 minutes later. Yeah it looks bad, but my reasoning was this. There is no way in hell that guy was going to call the cops after what he did and if I call and say I had to pull my firearm, I already know I'm instantly arrested and my kids have to go through that trama. I took a chance on what I thought would mess with my kids less and underestimated the ability of a crazy guy to know when they [bleep] up and walk away. Yep he completely took what he did to use and said that's what we did to him. As I listened to the police audio of him telling the story, I couldn't believe all the lies he was saying.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Stray
Just came across this thread...if true, very illustrative why one needs to take serious legal training in addition to firearms training if you're going to carry. I can guarantee you that if you're a suspect in a firearms assault investigation and you refuse to give your side of the story to the police, there won't be any question if you're free to leave.

WHAT YOU SAY IS : BAD GUY TRIED TO HURT ME HERE IS MY HANDGUN I HAVE A CONSEAL CARRY PERMIT ,TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL FOR A BLOOD TEST ON DRUGS AND ALCOHOL ,I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY TELL MY ATTORNEY IS HERE WITH ME. THANK YOU > ALSO IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN WITH YOU TELL THE OFFICERS YOU MAY NOT TALK OR QUESTION MY CHILDREN WITHOUT ME AND MY ATTORNEY PRESENT AT ALL TIMES.

I knew what I wanted so say, I was not given that opportunity to even speak to them. They would not talk to me until they were hauling me away and already fully charged and arrested me. so it wasn't "you refuse to give your side of the story to the police".

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by EddieSouthgate
Sounded like some idiot posting bullshit when I read it the first time, elsewhere. Still sounds like some idiot posted bullshit a year or so down the road.
Me and my kids can 100% tell you this is no bullshit. This is real life in Minnesota. You don't have to believe me. I just hope you don't get you and your family's lives ruined because you were forced to stop an attack. you see it over and over lately, people, even on video, legitimately and legally defending themselves and being fully prosecuted by the law. Hell, in Minneapolis during the "summer of love" a veteran was defending his families store and when he was attacked, he defended himself. He was prosecuted and convicted in Hennepin and then killed himself, leaving a letter that he couldn't believe how the courts treated him for defending his life.

Last edited by Gohip2000; 02/07/24.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 1234, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,718
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.