-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
OP Offline
D
It has been some time since I have had or provided First Aid training in the military. Back then, we had learned the 4 steps: 1) Stop the bleeding 2) Clear the airway 3) Protect the wound 4) Treat or prevent shock. Training included using tourniquets, treating sucking chest wounds, using atropine injections etc. I know that the use and application of tourniquets is now frowned upon and I'm thinking that there are many other changes in treating gunshot and other traumas. I need to get updated, as I still hunt with my kids and others.

I'm looking for free webinars that teach trauma care. Free is important as I want to save my money for building an equipment/trauma kit to keep in my vehicle.

Ant ideas?

Thanks!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by DrillSergeant
It has been some time since I have had or provided First Aid training in the military. Back then, we had learned the 4 steps: 1) Stop the bleeding 2) Clear the airway 3) Protect the wound 4) Treat or prevent shock. Training included using tourniquets, treating sucking chest wounds, using atropine injections etc. I know that the use and application of tourniquets is now frowned upon and I'm thinking that there are many other changes in treating gunshot and other traumas. I need to get updated, as I still hunt with my kids and others.

I'm looking for free webinars that teach trauma care. Free is important as I want to save my money for building an equipment/trauma kit to keep in my vehicle.

Ant ideas?

Thanks!
The application of tourniquets early and fast is actually highly recommended for significant bleeding. For a quick no frills course on bleeding control check out: https://www.stopthebleed.org/training/online-course/

NRA Benefactor Member
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by DrillSergeant

Ant ideas?

Thanks!

FWIW, the tide seems to be turning on use of tourniquets. Last couple security trainings I attended, both recommended having the new style of military / tactical field tourniquets in your kit. Focus on saving the life. Let the ED docs and surgeons worry about the rest.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
open a book

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Call your local EMS provider. They usually know when and were all this happens.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16gage, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,365
Posts18,488,147
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.