Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
A 30-30 would be cool but I'm liking the .360 better. It would be legal in Iowa for deer hunting where the 30-30 is not.

kwg
Give me a smokeless muzzleloader if I am restricted to straight walled cartridges or slugs.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
Im a little bit perplexed as to why Marlin is working on the .350 in a lever gun, as a good bit of the factory loads aren't flat tipped.

Actually he did address that. They working on a spiral fluted magazine similar to Remington 14/141. As odd as that is he said they are also working on a model 1894 Marlin in 9mm Luger. His reasoning was because none of the legislation currently out there goes after tubular magazines and they could have a 20 shot repeater

Last edited by moosemike; 02/07/24.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by moosemike
Im a little bit perplexed as to why Marlin is working on the .350 in a lever gun, as a good bit of the factory loads aren't flat tipped.

Actually he did address that. They working on a spiral fluted magazine similar to Remington 14/141. As odd as that is he said they are also working on a model 1894 Marlin in 9mm Luger. His reasoning was because none of the legislation currently out there goes after tubular magazines and they could have a 20 shot repeater

That's interesting. Would be more interesting in .45ACP, but they'll probably do that eventually if they actually get the 9mm to work.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by tmitch
I like 'em! I'd like them more if they'd chamber it in .360 Buckhammer (what a stupid name) They shoulda teamed up with Remington and called it the .360 Marlin.....THAT has a nice ring to it. I'd settle for a .35 Remington Trapper but we'll probably not see one of those either. I'd be tempted to pick a Trapper and send it off to JES.

I was thinking the same thing myself.
The 35 REM is an awesome woods cartridge and being that the 360 is sim in velocity I imagine it would be grand as well. Cast with the 35 rem run great. There is a lot of taper in that 360 BH, can it be necked up to 9.3 and still have a bit of taper?
S.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
That trapper in 44 mag would be BAF

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smallfry
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by tmitch
I like 'em! I'd like them more if they'd chamber it in .360 Buckhammer (what a stupid name) They shoulda teamed up with Remington and called it the .360 Marlin.....THAT has a nice ring to it. I'd settle for a .35 Remington Trapper but we'll probably not see one of those either. I'd be tempted to pick a Trapper and send it off to JES.

I was thinking the same thing myself.
The 35 REM is an awesome woods cartridge and being that the 360 is sim in velocity I imagine it would be grand as well. Cast with the 35 rem run great. There is a lot of taper in that 360 BH, can it be necked up to 9.3 and still have a bit of taper?
S.

SAAMI has specs.Look and see:

https://saami.org/technical-information/cartridge-chamber-drawings/

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No interest in a 30-30. .360 BH is what I need.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cooperfan
No interest in a 30-30. .360 BH is what I need.

Marlin Rep said they need to see 25,000 rounds on the market before they'll move on that round. He said Remington is pumping that ammo out at a slow trickle right now

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just wish I had access to the 6,000 Remlins they have in permanent storage. They acquired them in the acquisition and will not sell them because they are Remlins

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
A 30-30 would be cool but I'm liking the .360 better. It would be legal in Iowa for deer hunting where the 30-30 is not.

kwg
Give me a smokeless muzzleloader if I am restricted to straight walled cartridges or slugs.

I am seriously thinking of doing exactly this. I have (2) really nice smokeless MZ rifles: Nula and a TC Encore with custom barrel. I've only shot NULA a couple times and never shot the TC.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

kwg

They have no plans to do a 360 BH right now but they're actively working on a 336 in 350 Legend

That has to be the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a long time. Is it going to be bored .355 too?

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

Ok I was wrong. This is even dumber. Who the hell are they hiring to make these decisions?

For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi

Ok I was wrong. This is even dumber. Who the hell are they hiring to make these decisions?

They claim it as being "innovation". They want to go in new directions with the brand. Maybe they'll find these ideas to be impractical? I was wrong when I said "he said they need to see 25,000 rounds on the market before they'll chamber a cartridge". My Son corrected me. He said what the man actually said was "they need a commitment from an ammo manufacturer for 25,000 rounds before they'll chamber a cartridge". That's why they're not interested in the 360 Buckhammer, there's no commitment to producing 25,000 rounds

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

kwg

They have no plans to do a 360 BH right now but they're actively working on a 336 in 350 Legend

That has to be the dumbest thing I’ve heard in a long time. Is it going to be bored .355 too?
Wouldn't it have to be .355?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B

They claim it as being "innovation". They want to go in new directions with the brand. Maybe they'll find these ideas to be impractical? I was wrong when I said "he said they need to see 25,000 rounds on the market before they'll chamber a cartridge". My Son corrected me. He said what the man actually said was "they need a commitment from an ammo manufacturer for 25,000 rounds before they'll chamber a cartridge". That's why they're not interested in the 360 Buckhammer, there's no commitment to producing 25,000 rounds

Innovation like the tacti-cool skeleton stock and AR style hand guards and threaded muzzles? Call me old but someone needs castrated for that abortion. I’m sorry but just look at the prices the old JM guns bring and tell me why they need to reinvent the brand? Yes Remington screwed the pooch while they owned it but it looks to me like Ruger’s going to do the same thing if there’s any truth to the BS that rep was giving you. Rant off.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Liking and owning ‘classic’ levers doesn’t keep me from appreciating a niche for modernized versions, tailored to suppressors and all conditions. Just because bolt guns come in all flavors, doesn’t hurt feelings….and they’re far older and more ‘classi’ than lever action repeaters. wink

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Just because bolt guns come in all flavors, doesn’t hurt feelings….and they’re far older and more ‘classi’ than lever action repeaters. wink
I thought I knew the history of firearm development pretty well but maybe not. So tell me, what bolt action repeater pre dated the Volcanic lever ? I mean I know there were pin fire rifles before then but I thought they were all single shots mostly of the break open type.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just wish I had access to the 6,000 Remlins they have in permanent storage. They acquired them in the acquisition and will not sell them because they are Remlins

Look for those to trickle out at a time convenient to Ruger.

Don't bother, they won't be marked as Remlins.
Won't be hard to get them up to Ruger standards.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Well, IIRC the Prussian Army was carrying bolt actions before 1850, and there were designs made decades before that. You can dig into that more if you want….The lever was an American darling, while the bolt action was a European thing initially.

I didn’t intend for folks to get lost in the sauce, merely to point out the POV discrepancies/angst when new choices happen. Some folks get upset at being offered more choices firearms. I’m not sure why, but it is.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 02/11/24.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Well, IIRC the Prussian Army was carrying bolt actions before 1850, and there were designs made decades before that. You can dig into that more if you want….The lever was an American darling, while the bolt action was a European thing initially.
Had to be pinfire. Were they repeaters ? I like both lever and bolt action rifles and have about an equal number of each in my safes.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.