Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Had to ship a fragile package to a member so I double boxed it and duct taped the outer one! Post office said no go, because duct tape is flammable! BS, came home made a video of me trying to burn duct tape vs packing tape… guess what? It’s very difficult to deliberately try to set duct tape on fire!

Also was informed that USPS is beginning to phase out air, so soon everything will be ground with post office. So 11-20 days shipment will be the new standard!

Went to UPS, they shipped faster, cheaper, and less BS!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Local PO hasn’t allowed duct tape for at least 5 years….

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Noted

Hook and Book, Shoot and Scoot
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
S
My local won't take duct tape. The duct tape gets sticky and catches things. I tape the hell out of my packages with packing tape.

Last edited by Speedwalker; 02/08/24.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
USPS Ground Advantage is actually pretty fast, beating priority mail a lot of the time and is cheaper.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Nitemann
USPS Ground Advantage is actually pretty fast, beating priority mail a lot of the time and is cheaper.

Just got a letter usps ground from Louisiana, took 11 days…

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I just had a letter with a payment take 17 days to go from Missouri to Utah. Locally folks are complaining that they are getting bills in the mail,after the due dates.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I rarely use duct tape myself!, however not only was the pkg fragile it would take a very long time to find a replacement if damaged. So I went overboard on the packing job and the buyer was ok with knowing shipping was going to be expensive because of what all the shipment entails, so I wanted the buyer happy when his pkg arrived EXTREMELY well packaged!

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Kdf22
I just had a letter with a payment take 17 days to go from Missouri to Utah. Locally folks are complaining that they are getting bills in the mail,after the due dates.

+1!!! That’s been my personal experience here lately also!
And according to PO it’s fixing to get a lot worse real soon. I had to mail a payment across country so I went and called ahead and explained the check is in the mail I promise! Might be 2-3 weeks but it’s coming

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Our local main office is a town over and my packages usually sit there upon arrival for 4-6 days before making the 20 min trip to our town. Had a guy in a town 3 hours south of me send a check recently and it took about 2 weeks to get it. I use them, because there isn’t a more convenient option for me, but not typically without issues.

"An armed society is a polite society."

Joe S.
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Who the hell uses duct tape for packaging ???

WTF

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I run with scotch box lock tape expensive but the stuff doesn’t lift and is as good as welding the box shut if that was a possibility.

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by cisco1
Who the hell uses duct tape for packaging ???

WTF

When I've run out of tape, I resort to Gorilla duct tape on USPS packages, several in last couple years with nothing said.

Recently sold something here and it took USPS More than a week to transport it 250 miles, then the buyer had to phone to help them get it to the correct address on the package.
Now waiting for another letter to me that seems overdue.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The USPS post Covid is almost 100% useless with the exception of money orders. I never use them and wonder why anyone else would too given the other WAY more dependable options available

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Duct has not been allowed on post office packages for years and years. It gets stuck to other packages and caught up in their machinery. If you want to go overboard on tape, just use more packing tape.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by passport
The USPS post Covid is almost 100% useless with the exception of money orders. I never use them and wonder why anyone else would too given the other WAY more dependable options available

Other dependable options??????

Like UPS & FedEx that now require a contract to ship a firearm? Like The UPS Store that will not accept any firearm related items for shipment? Like independent shippers that up charge substantially for the same? USPS has been my most reliable & trouble free shipper for my FFL shipments & non-FFL.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Duct has not been allowed on post office packages for years and years. It gets stuck to other packages and caught up in their machinery. If you want to go overboard on tape, just use more packing tape.

Don’t be ridiculous..there can’t possibly be logic and reason behind the rule

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The PO will give you FREE tape to tape your package and it is good stuff. I am happy with my PO service

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oso250
The PO will give you FREE tape to tape your package and it is good stuff. I am happy with my PO service

Glad someone has a reasonable post office. Ours are generally not. I needed about a 2 inch piece of tape the other day to secure a small priority box. The do it yourself station was down, so I had to take it to the counter. I asked the guy if he had a tiny piece of tape I could borrow, and he gleefully said nope, we don’t supply tape for free, but you can buy one of our rolls. They have a display right there at the counter of the tape for 3.99.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,397
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.