Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
We have two grandchildren tonight, trying to finish rebuilding the deck of a House bush hog, going to see Josh Ward Saturday night. Church Sunday, bbq Sunday afternoon if it isn’t raining. What are ya’ll people doing???

Last edited by hanco; 02/09/24.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Gonna be cold and 20F tonight they say. Pineapple Express seems to be stopped for a minute.

Odds are good we'll have some sunshine. I'll see if I can get a neighbor, or a friend, to get a bale of straw from town so we can clean the chicken Gulag. PT lady said no driving with this shoulder for another week or so at least, or until the Doc clears me, don't want to chance tearing up his repair.

No fishing or shooting yet either, but I did get the rubber bands for exercising instead of just doing passive range of motion crap. I want this situation to be over, dammnit.

Probably take the whippets somewhere for a walk other than in their neighborhood. Let them mark up somewhere else to give the other dogs something to mark over.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Wife n daughter is out of town me n tha boy is bachlin😎might burn some brush piles tomorrow

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Heading to a gunshow in Fredericksburg tomorrow then picking up some BBQ to bring over to my sons house for dinner with his family. Sunday will be a bit of handloading then the Super Bowl with a variety of finger food.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Grouting some stone I installed last week on Saturday. Sunday will be picking up tree limbs left by the last storm.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We are waiting for the snow.

They say it should be here Sat.night and Sunday.

I am just going to try to stay warm.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Drove to Georgia on Sunday last.

Was in the weather hunting quail from 9 to 4 Monday and Tuesday.

Spent 25 hours on the road between Wednesday morning @ 3AM and 4AM Thursday morning.

Supposed to go to a roller skate party tomorrow.

At 72 I can't hang.

I am going to hide in my room and be in recovery mode.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/09/24.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by geedubya
Spent 25 hours on the road between Wednesday morning @ 3AM and 4AM Thursday morning.

Supposed to go to a roller skate party tomorrow.

At 72 I can't hang.

I am going to hide in my room and be in recovery mode.

ya!

GWB
Dude,

you had all day today to recover. Go skating, or at least go watch the young folks.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Mostly working Saturday and Sunday. I get out early to mid afternoon both days so will have a little time for errands. Hope to pick up a small upright freezer after work on Saturday. I need more freezer space for the prepared meals I've been making and freezing. YSunday I'll be readying for a trip to the range on Monday a Marlin 917VS and a Stevens 425 High Power I bought. The Marlin will get a fixed 10x Japanese made Tasco and the Stevens was wearing a Ranger Model 4X scope. For an 80+ year old scope, the Ranger is fairly clear.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
Mostly working Saturday and Sunday. I get out early to mid afternoon both days so will have a little time for errands. Hope to pick up a small upright freezer after work on Saturday. I need more freezer space for the prepared meals I've been making and freezing. YSunday I'll be readying for a trip to the range on Monday a Marlin 917VS and a Stevens 425 High Power I bought. The Marlin will get a fixed 10x Japanese made Tasco and the Stevens was wearing a Ranger Model 4X scope. For an 80+ year old scope, the Ranger is fairly clear.

I have a 917V. Pretty dam accurate little rifle. Temp's gonna be in the 70's and raining on/off all weekend here, so mosquitoes will probably be bad. Plan is to hobble around in the shop and tinker with stuff if im able. Kids are with their momma, going to NYC for a vacation so I won't have them, might strip down all my traps and dye/wax them.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Shooing sporting clays Saturday and Sunday.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Painting a Lake Trout!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Saturday, moving 2 safes.
Im giving my daughter and son-in-law my small safe.
Moving the big one into the house.
Sunday going to my sisters for food and the Super Bowl.
She just wants me to bring my baked beans and my brother-in-law wants me to make chili. So guess a little cooking also.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I have a great nephew visiting from London. I will be working with him this weekend on driving skills. 21, and has never had a driving license, and has no experience driving. Teaching him is a hoot. Hope he learns quick.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Shot skeet this morning, 23, 23, 23

Run errands today

Get ready for Superbowl party on Sunday

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Day off yesterday so finished up the rebuild on an 017 I picked up dirt cheap. Ran the first tank of break in gas through it this morning, ran like a top, good rebuild. Got my 026 cleaned up and running having sat since doing Dad's wood last July. Need to do that with the 362 and Husky 288. Both are filthy and the 288 needs a coil.

Raining off and on today so planning on burning a bunch of storm damage this afternoon.

Probably finish the clean up/sort on the load bench tonight after dark. Been a while for that.

More burning tomorrow since the fire risk is so low.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Showing the little guy how to do spiral fluting with a flap wheel after the lathe

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just pulled in from working all last week in Auburn Alabama.

I'll rest and drive up to Clyde Ohio Monday

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Plowing snow

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Did some home plumbing replacement this morning.

Cooked this afternoon, cleaned up some hunting stuff, but still have a way to go.

Got a shotgun ready for conservation SG season. Placed an order for an elevated steel rack for my Polaris ranger.

Prepped some food for SB get together. Think we'll have 3-4 families coming over, maybe 14-16, several of those will be children. Smoker will be going early tomorrow for ribs and chicken.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,162
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.