Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Anybody else have this happen? Shopping online for a particular item, do a search and a number of offers pop up showing the item, the purveyor, and the price.

You skim over them, most prices are clustered right around "the going price point" but lo and behold, Amazon has the item for a little bit less than all the others. So you click on the Amazon product and magically, the price is now the same as all the others.

It's amazing how that works.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Amazon....where copyright and patent law doesn't exist....

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Anybody else have this happen? Shopping online for a particular item, do a search and a number of offers pop up showing the item, the purveyor, and the price.

You skim over them, most prices are clustered right around "the going price point" but lo and behold, Amazon has the item for a little bit less than all the others. So you click on the Amazon product and magically, the price is now the same as all the others.

non boomers realized this over 5 years ago. congrats though

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ordered a 2500 dollar computer from them because they showed it in stock. When it arrived the computer box was in bad shape. It had to be damaged before they put it into the shipping box which was also damaged.

Amazon wants you to return for store credit which they will quickly do. Because I just wanted my money back it took them 26 days to complete the refund to my card. IMO they have gotten big enough to just expect people to keep ordering from them because we have been condition to just "click buy" from them.

I'm not saying I'm done with them I even okayed the 2.99 a Month fee to get Prime videos with out ads... But I AM going to put way more effort into shopping around.

Please don't feed the trolls!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ribka

LOL, I don't shop on Amazon very much at all. Congrats for being an expert, and being there for me though.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like all of the search engines that I try to use, take me to amazon for the first several offers. I only use Amazon as a last resort. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P

If you keep going back to look at an item without buying, the price creeps up.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've had great luck with product availability and price on Amazon. though I don't just shop for type of item I shop for specific items so I know exactly what I'm getting

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I never had that problem with anything I've returned, money was refunded to my account as soon as I dropped the item off to ship back.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Ever thought about not being a whinny little prick? Do you even hunt or shoot? Why hang out at a place pretending to be an geopolitical expert and pissing people off? Nothing better to do in your Moms basement?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've seen similar results with some of the hotel booking sites. Shows one to be significantly less, then when you go to book it, its the same as the others.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by blairvt

Ever thought about not being a whinny little prick? Do you even hunt or shoot? Why hang out at a place pretending to be a geopolitical expert and pissing people off? Nothing better to do in your Moms basement?

B A M !

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Amazon is shady AF.

My BIL got a job to run a warehouse with a 15k 6 month bonus. Moved his family to Alabama and he got canned exactly one day before 6 months. Only a demon (Bezos) would allow this.

Last edited by RMiller2; 02/10/24.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Well yeah, when you are Jeff Bezos knocking down 7.9 million an hour last year, you need to keep those ends of his meeting to afford his lifestyle.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Plumdog

If you keep going back to look at an item without buying, the price creeps up.

Well, this was the first time I clicked on it. Might be an innocent glitch.

Um-hum, right.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I never had that problem with anything I've returned, money was refunded to my account as soon as I dropped the item off to ship back.

Do you mean like a store credit or charged back to your CC?

Please don't feed the trolls!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by blairvt

Ever thought about not being a whinny little prick? Do you even hunt or shoot? Why hang out at a place pretending to be an geopolitical expert and pissing people off? Nothing better to do in your Moms basement?

Damn blairvt, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the "vt" stands for Virginia Tech.

Because my wife went to school there and that sounds like something she'd say...to ribka, LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

Back to my personal bank account.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 2ndwind

I've noticed returns are minutes if ok with store credit.
2-3 weeks for cc refund.
Also lately,it will say 1-2 days with Prime,but usually 4-5 for alot of products.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Amazon is shady AF.

My BIL got a job to run a warehouse with a 15k 6 month bonus. Moved his family to Alabama and he got canned exactly one day before 6 months. Only a demon (Bezos) would allow this.

Reasons I avoid Amazon:

1: Jeff Bezos, he is liberal, I avoid supporting his business

2: to order from Amazon I need to have a CC on file <IF I do order from Amazon I have to be aware to remove my CC from method of payment after transaction, extra step I don't like having to do>

3: Jeff Bezos, he is a liberal.

When doing an online search for something I want if I find it on say Amazon, I'll do a search on Ebay for same item where I often find same or similar pricing along with FREE shipping. Then perform Ebay due diligence to get some confidence that seller won't [bleep] me.

GOA
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 1936M71, 71 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,683
Posts18,493,946
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.