-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not that, but just had a lathe stand delivered, opened the box and it's full of weights. No lathe stand.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I ordered disk brake rotors from them for the boy’s car. When they arrived, one box was in pretty bad shape and had dark fingerprints all over it. We opened it up and it was someone’s old rusty rotor they swapped out and returned for a refund. Kind of a pita but I don’t have any issues getting it returned.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ironbender
Are you using an incognito browser?

That's kind of a personal question ain't it? But no, I'm not using an Incognito browser, mine is a Chromebook
Should have said incognito mode on your browser. Firefox has it.

Without that, airlines websites for example track you looking at a fare. You click another flight to see times, fare, whatever. Go back to the original link, and now the fare is higher.

Incognito prevents the site knowing it was you looking at that original fare, and don’t boost it on a second look.

Hopingly i explained that clearly.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Amazon is shady AF.

My BIL got a job to run a warehouse with a 15k 6 month bonus. Moved his family to Alabama and he got canned exactly one day before 6 months. Only a demon (Bezos) would allow this.

If he was fired to avoid the bonus, he should get a lawyer and sue.
But there might be performance reasons for the termination.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That's kind of a personal question ain't it? But no, I'm not using an Incognito browser, mine is a Chromebook

Without that, airlines websites for example track you looking at a fare. You click another flight to see times, fare, whatever. Go back to the original link, and now the fare is higher.

Incognito prevents the site knowing it was you looking at that original fare, and don’t boost it on a second look.

LOL, I bought my Chromebook used from Wabi! It's got Adblocker so I'm good to go!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The Chrome browser also has incognito mode.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BFaucett

The Chrome browser also has incognito mode.
Yes. I had a follow up post to that effect.

Horses led to H2O….

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

LOL, I bought my Chromebook used from Wabi! It's got Adblocker so I'm good to go!
Well, ok. I tried to help.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by ribka
Anybody else have this happen? Shopping online for a particular item, do a search and a number of offers pop up showing the item, the purveyor, and the price.

You skim over them, most prices are clustered right around "the going price point" but lo and behold, Amazon has the item for a little bit less than all the others. So you click on the Amazon product and magically, the price is now the same as all the others.

It's amazing how that works.

non boomers realized this over 5 years ago. congrats though
Ever thought about not being a whinny little prick? Do you even hunt or shoot? Why hang out at a place pretending to be an geopolitical expert and pissing people off? Nothing better to do in your Moms basement?
LOL how to tell us you're boomers without telling us you're boomers.

No problem with Amazon, never order from them without the free return. Dah....

You don't know sheit about Ribka, wake the fugg up.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Windfall
Well yeah, when you are Jeff Bezos knocking down 7.9 million an hour last year, you need to keep those ends of his meeting to afford his lifestyle.

Plenty of Fire guys like sucking his Washington Post BS about Q being a Larp and can't seem to connect the dots to the fact he and the Clowns In America who run the Post and MSM are anti-American and Anti-Trumpsters. Just saying. I'm sure he's a reputable business man Jue who would never steer a Patriot rong. whistle

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by dale06
Amazon is shady AF.

My BIL got a job to run a warehouse with a 15k 6 month bonus. Moved his family to Alabama and he got canned exactly one day before 6 months. Only a demon (Bezos) would allow this.

If he was fired to avoid the bonus, he should get a lawyer and sue.
But there might be performance reasons for the termination.

Seems like a performance issue would have been noticed earlier.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Everybody is just a number when working directly for these big corporations.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Amazon is shady AF.

Well there's two sides to every story maybe your BIL wasn't the right person for the job.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Well, ok. I tried to help.

I'm on a Chromebook and appreciate the link.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by blairvt
Originally Posted by ribka
Anybody else have this happen? Shopping online for a particular item, do a search and a number of offers pop up showing the item, the purveyor, and the price.

You skim over them, most prices are clustered right around "the going price point" but lo and behold, Amazon has the item for a little bit less than all the others. So you click on the Amazon product and magically, the price is now the same as all the others.

It's amazing how that works.

non boomers realized this over 5 years ago. congrats though
Ever thought about not being a whinny little prick? Do you even hunt or shoot? Why hang out at a place pretending to be an geopolitical expert and pissing people off? Nothing better to do in your Moms basement?
LOL how to tell us you're boomers without telling us you're boomers.

No problem with Amazon, never order from them without the free return. Dah....

You don't know sheit about Ribka, wake the fugg up.

He was at a federal agency that wanted to be a three letter type but were such a clown show that they got another letter added making them a five letter agency. Now he's just an oafish buffoon.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I appreciate the tip. I don't think this was an incognito/un-incognito thing though.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
👍

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Once upon a time, Amazon always promptly processed and refunded my returns either the same day or within a few days of the return being dropped off and scanned into return tracking. About a year or so ago, I purchased a Skilsaw. A Skilsaw arrived, but it wasn't the model I ordered. The error was Amazon's, not mine.

I returned the saw without opening the factory box after having a discussion about the issue with a customer service rep. This time, however, they didn't refund the money back until a month or so after they had already received it. That's BS. Once I dropped it off and the product was scanned in at the UPS store, my obligation was fulfilled and the refund should have been promptly credited back. Should not even matter at that point if it never made it back to Amazon because the mistake was theirs, not mine.

But it's been clear for far longer than that, that Bezos really doesn't care about Amazon setting a high standard of service anymore. You have only to look at how the website is administered in contrast to what it once was. The onsite search function is virtually useless as results are clogged with pages of unrelated crap from sponsered sellers and a crap-ton level of fraudulantly advertised products as well. It's tantamount to your local grocery store allowing a horde of hucksters and carnies to harass you with fake watches and junk as you make your way from your car to go shopping.

Product pages are also filled with additional crap to scroll past to get to the reviews. And the reviews are now mixed with multiple different models or completely different products altogether making the ratings useless, and yet more time spent scrolling through looking for relevant reviews.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 308xray, 1minute, 260Remguy, 264mag, 24 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,116
Posts18,483,457
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.