C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Heavyjim
... the law of the land

Will this ever be realized?

I travel a lot for work. I hate the different rules everywhere I go

I personally no longer travel to places that oppose the AK I keep in my back seat...

NO JUDGEMENT... just how I choose to live.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When we go on vacation which is usually five or more states driving with RV and toys, I check every state and city to see there laws and how I can carry pistol and long guns, l have taken the long way around in blue cities.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A friend of mine got pulled over in Alabama around 2am, trying to get to a certain dock to go to work offshore. Cop asked if he had any guns in his truck and without thinking he said of course, I have my pistol under the seat. Cop drew on him and arrested him. Confiscated his gun. After it was all said and done, he could of gotten his pistol back if he paid whatever fine, which was more than the pistol was worth so he told them to go F.O. In Louisiana your vehicle is an extension of your home so we can have whatever we want just as long as you tell whatever agency that pulls you over what you got in the cab with you and all they do is ask you to stand outside while they write the ticket. But of course, this is Alabama we're talking about. Sorry Bama' folks!

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gamma4diesel
A friend of mine got pulled over in Alabama around 2am, trying to get to a certain dock to go to work offshore. Cop asked if he had any guns in his truck and without thinking he said of course, I have my pistol under the seat. Cop drew on him and arrested him. Confiscated his gun. After it was all said and done, he could of gotten his pistol back if he paid whatever fine, which was more than the pistol was worth so he told them to go F.O. In Louisiana your vehicle is an extension of your home so we can have whatever we want just as long as you tell whatever agency that pulls you over what you got in the cab with you and all they do is ask you to stand outside while they write the ticket. But of course, this is Alabama we're talking about. Sorry Bama' folks!

I font believe thst you are required to tell them thst you have a firearm inyour vehicle.
If asked i answer thruhfully

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

I font believe thst you are required to tell them thst you have a firearm inyour vehicle.

If asked i answer thruhfully

Depends on the state ever since CHP now Constitutional carry you have a duty to inform LE.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Looks like as of January 1st this is all out the window. Can carry in your vehicle in Alabama without any permits required

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Cheesy

Looks like as of January 1st this is all out the window. Can carry in your vehicle in Alabama without any permits required

Really? I haven't been keeping up with the changes. The incident I mentioned happened around "04-05" I think. He rolled through a stop sign and was just being honest with the cop. I never understood the logic with those laws. A criminal will carry anyways, so how in the hell are you supposed to protect yourself? That's just my opinion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably once we get our national divorce and Balkanize.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Been that way for several years in Florida, license or not. Last year we switched to Constitutional concealed carry, but still don't have open carry for some reason. They did, a few years ago, modify the concealed carry laws, though, so as to make incidental exposure of a concealed firearm non-criminal. Before that, folks were actually getting arrested for reaching up to the top shelf at the store, and their shirts riding up above their concealed firearms.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I’m glad I live here.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Been that way for several years in Florida, license or not. Last year we switched to Constitutional concealed carry, but still don't have open carry for some reason. They did, a few years ago, modify the concealed carry laws, though, so as to make incidental exposure of a concealed firearm non-criminal. Before that, folks were actually getting arrested for reaching up to the top shelf at the store, and their shirts riding up above their concealed firearms.

Didn't know that about Florida. Some people still open carry in Louisiana, but it's almost moot these days. Most businesses won't let you through the door if you open carry. Again, it baffles me why we can't walk around with one hanging on the hip, but for a price we can have one concealed. Im just stating the obvious and I know im just a dumb ass, but it stands to reason that if someone was going to rob a store..he obviously will not pay attention to the "no firearms allowed beyond this point" sign hanging on the door. If several of the customers in that store have pistols visibly hanging on their hips, i'm pretty sure said robber will have second thoughts.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Some people still open carry in Louisiana, but it's almost moot these days. Most businesses won't let you through the door if you open carry. Again, it baffles me why we can't walk around with one hanging on the hip, but for a price we can have one concealed. Im just stating the obvious and I know im just a dumb ass, but it stands to reason that if someone was going to rob a store..he obviously will not pay attention to the "no firearms allowed beyond this point" sign hanging on the door. If several of the customers in that store have pistols visibly hanging on their hips, i'm pretty sure said robber will have second thoughts.
Although I'd rarely if ever open carry myself, the above has been my thinking on the subject, too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I know an old man in his 80's. The only place you catch him without his 357 sig open on his hip is at a school, postoffice, federal building etc. where it's actually illegal to have firearms. My ex-wife is a school teacher out in a little country school and believe me, a lot of those little innocent looking women have pistols in their purses - including her. Our kids go there, and I have zero problems with that because of these school shootings over the past years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just make sure that you are engaging in interstate commerce..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The laws are such a fustercluck.

Here, permitted, I can carry a handgun any way I want.
But can get arrested for knives, a loaded long gun in the car, brass knuckles......
Recently they made automatic knives legal. BFD.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The laws are such a fustercluck.

Here, permitted, I can carry a handgun any way I want.
But can get arrested for knives, a loaded long gun in the car, brass knuckles......
Recently they made automatic knives legal. BFD.
Florida's concealed weapons permit has always covered automatic knives, or any other blades you choose to carry, not to mention brass knuckles, etc..

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I live in WV but travel quite a bit for work, hunting, fishing, and family vacations. I always have my Glock 19 on a magnet mount under the dash of my truck and my 26 is always on my person or in my backpack. I don’t think too much about the legalities of it but rather the ability to protect myself and my family. I don’t speed I don’t drink and drive or do anything to get myself in a situation where I’d be required to talk to law enforcement.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Meadows77
I live in WV but travel quite a bit for work, hunting, fishing, and family vacations. I always have my Glock 19 on a magnet mount under the dash of my truck and my 26 is always on my person or in my backpack. I don’t think too much about the legalities of it but rather the ability to protect myself and my family. I don’t speed I don’t drink and drive or do anything to get myself in a situation where I’d be required to talk to law enforcement.
Do you check your license plate illumination every time you pull out of your parking spot?

That was the last thing I was pulled over for, 2 miles from home, and heading in that direction. Would have been easy enough for Mr Officer to yell over the loudspeaker "Fix your license plate lights" after running my plate and seeing it was registered to a residence 2 miles away in the direction it was headed. Then, after pulling me over, he just had to run his dog around the outside, because as he put it " the Courts have said we can"

You may find yourself in a similar situation one day, just because.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It's always better to be tried by 12 than carried and buried by 6.

Just sayin'......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 79S, 19 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,481
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.