Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Congratulations! I hope the corps doesn't chew her up and spit her out to fend for herself, physically and emotionally crippled, like the did to my grandson.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
If that were a Distinguished Rifleman medal it would even mean more! Ya don't see many of those at all.

Once a Marine accrues 30 EIC credits at sanctioned matches, they earn the coveted title of Distinguished Rifleman or Distinguished Pistol Shot which is also signified by the corresponding marksmanship medal for wear on their uniform.

Not possible to get in basic training.

---

In basic there are three levels.

Marine Corps rifle weapons qualification badges are obtained after obtaining a passing score, which fall into one of three ranges - 250 - 279 for Marksman, 280 - 304 for Sharpshooter, and 305 - 350 for Expert.

Last edited by RMiller2; 02/10/24.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Congrats RMiller!

Did you teach her to shoot?

Thanks, and I did teach her to shoot, but I think I may have her give me some tips next time at the range.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Outstanding!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Congrats,I am impressed!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Parenting done right exhibit A. Congrats to you and the wife for the groundwork and big congrats for the Marine for achievement and personal discipline to accomplish it..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations.

She will be able to learn a lot in the Marine Corps. Actually, it’s the best leadership school in the world.

As soon as she is an E-4, she will get more responsibility than 98% of managers in the US today.

I never heard a Marine say they regretted serving. And I have gotten to meet thousands.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
That truly shines. Hope for the future on display

Congratulations to you both.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
hopefully she remains stateside. congrats. quite the accomplishment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats, you should be very proud.

In the future I would recommend you be very careful how you vote... the wrong leader could jeopardize your daughters well being.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
"hopefully she remains stateside. congrats. quite the accomplishment"

I never knew of a marine to do that, except in the reserves. All my friends were school teachers or Marines, one did both.

-------

"In the future I would recommend you be very careful how you vote... the wrong leader could jeopardize your daughters well being."

In 30 years the only D I have voted for was Tester, and that was because Rosendale is a dick. Rosendale drove by an informational picket, rolled his window down and flipped them the bird, [bleep] that guy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Congratulations! I hope the corps doesn't chew her up and spit her out to fend for herself, physically and emotionally crippled, like the did to my grandson.

Tell us more.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Congratulations. Semper Fi!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Congrats to a Proud Dad, and congrats to your daughter. I pray she has an excellent career in the Corps.

A local gal I knew when she was in high school here in town ( Her parents owned the Mexican Restaurant our family frequents). At 19 she joined the Marines and drove a truck, when she was sent to Iraq. While over there she was in a Humvee, in a convoy that hit a land mine. Several Marines in it were wounded, to include the one in the machine gun turret.

The Jihadis, then went after the vehicle to try and kill those inside. She jumped up from the drivers seat and got on the Ma Deuce. Said she wasn't scared, she was pissed off.... She tore ass among the Jihadis, and they retreated but left behind a lot of dead and/or dying Muzzies. Her vehicle was quickly rescued. When she got back to base was put up in front of her commander. He Told her she was no longer a driver.. she was now a machine gunner.

Saw her 5 or 6 years ago at a local tournament at the High School in town. She was an E 7, and was on recruiting duty here in the Rogue Valley. She was freshly married too another Marine E 7 from Oklahoma.

She was always an outgoing young lady ( I've known her since she was about 5 years old ) but what she has experienced and learned via the Marine Corps, she is a very well having her Schidt together, and her confidence is strong without being full of herself.

I wish the Corps gives the same to your daughter. My stepdad was a Marine, and was typical of " once a Marine, always a Marine". after 10 years he switched over to the Air Force, still being a pilot. But my child hood at home was pretty much the first half of the Movie " Full Medal Jacket". My step dad just passed in November at 93. He served our nation in uniform for over 50 years total.... 26 in the Military, two years running the Hawaii National Air Guard, and then 22 years in the state dept.

Hope your daughter has a good long career of success and opportunity also, if that is her desire.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Outstanding!! From one Marine dad to another, CONGRATULATIONS!
And from another! Rah!

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good for her!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Outstanding! Semper Fi

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Congratulations on your new Marine. With the way the United States has become it is a hell of testimony to her and her family. I know both of you are very proud as you should be. I have been separated for quite a few years now but still miss it.
I still remember the instruction from our drill instructor at the rifle range. He preached and drilled into me and the others the acronym BRASS

Breath
Relax
Aim
Sight
Squeeze

This still serves me well today.

Semper Fi

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Originally Posted by smokepole
Congrats RMiller!

Did you teach her to shoot?

Thanks, and I did teach her to shoot, but I think I may have her give me some tips next time at the range.

you did a good job and she just kept going with it......should be very proud......bob

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Conrgats to you and her, proud poppa moment. Her life will be forever changed.

Don't gobble at me
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (2500HD, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 21, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,592 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,093
Posts18,482,995
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.