Print Thread
Hop To
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
video reminded me of it

https://x.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1756656754677485693?s=20

anyone know why they shut it down after 2021?

half the attendees were undercover feds?

Last edited by KFWA; 02/11/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Owners got old.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I kind of miss it, but the last couple times & went it had gotten supper crowded. Parking was tough, & walking in the mud for 10 minutes to get to the gate was,,, interesting. But once ya got in it was all good,, great. Funny, not ha ha funny, but Ishot some S. African 5.56 just last week that I'd bought there. A hell of an event.

Dang it, glad I wasn't there for the last one, as I thought I'd seen it crowded,,,, but never that bad.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
that's a shame

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had always wanted to do it, never had the chance.
Too bad. I didn’t know that it was a thing of the past.
But what the hell isn’t a thing of the past, from the America I grew up in?
Patriotism, love of country, Christian faith.
Still trying to figure out how this happened on my watch.😒
I keep praying we’ll wake up before it’s too late.
I still believe that America is full of good people. There’s just too much bread and circuses for the pendulum to swing back. YET!
But I believe it will, probably pretty soon. This crap can’t go on much longer.
I’m ready. I’m getting old, but I think I’ll still be around.
I got primers and powder. If nothing else, I’ll be happy giving support to the people who still believe in America.
America ain’t over until we the good guys give up!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Looks like fun. I would like to attend something like that sometime.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Dam it , didn’t realize if was shut down
Have some good memories of it and had some good videos but my ex took all them when she left
Was there twice , loved it
Took my son and a buddy there
Took ex brother in law to hurricane WVa once , people weren’t to receptive , but I guess being outsiders they may have been a little suspicious, not sure what the deal was
Got a Savage 340 there , 30-30 that looked like a boat paddle , but that thing sure does shoot good
Kenneth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 320090T
Owners got old.

Sounds about right. A local guy here used to run a smoke shop/LGS w/Class 3 licensing. He told me he spent the entire year loading .45acp on a single-stage press for shooting his Thompson at that event. He’s older than me(!) and turned the biz over to family. Not sure if the FFL is still valid.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Was always cool to see the odd-ball machine guns like the 22 cal gatling guns and such on the firing line, or those brave enough to strap a flame thrower tank on their back and torch a car. The vendor booths always had cool stuff that you would never see at a gun show. I have heard a few versions on why they stopped doing it. One had to do with insurance costs. Also, Fort Knox had to shut down the only road going up to the Northern Training area/Mount Eden area every time KCR went hot during the machinegun shoot.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It seems like there was at least one fatality every spring shoot, too. Folks forget it gets nippy in April, and used propane heaters in their tents, and died from the fumes, or something similar (not gun related). Definitely NOT the fault of Knob Creek.

I live about 25 miles from Knob Creek, and visit the place every now and then. The owner is slowing down (he's the same age as me, more or less). Nice enough person, though. Kenny is good people.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I went around 99 or 2000. Never made it back in spite of my best intentions.
I fired a BAR at the rental. That was pretty cool.
I really enjoyed it. Hate to hear that it’s no more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kenny said himself that he was getting too old to put it on.

I assume someone could pick up the ball and bring it back.

Politics is War by Other Means

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257robertsimp, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,239 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,684
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.