Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Once shot 16 coyotes in one spot one day, 13 balds and goldens consumed all of them, was cool to watch and made some great pics.

Have only seen one coyote in my life feed off of another coyote carcass.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter
Neighbor had his chickens cleaned out by a pair feeding their young ,would just fly by and grab one and never slow down .
I watched this guy swoop down toward my neighbors house, right after this pic on my game camera. He has been missing chickens left & right. I heard one shot and then he was digging a hole with his backhoe shortly after. Probably doing construction.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The only good eagle.........
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
At the off grid bear camp in Northern Minnesota a few years back it was January and the ice was thick. We’d picked up a roadkill deer and pulled it out onto the ice in front of the lodge about 200 yards out for canine bait.
That was about noon, maybe 10 below. By 2:45 there were by count 13 bald eagles feeding on that. Had no clue that many were in the area that time of year Or any time of year actually.

About 3:30 or so we were watching, hoping canines would move in with evening coming on when out of nowhere a golden eagle came over turned and landed. It was like a parting of the sea, those eagles all hopped away and that golden waddled in and ate his fill. No balds moved back toward that bait an inch until that golden was done and left.

Along with what we saw happen, that day convinced me that some raptors have a better sense of smell than any animal out there.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Throw the book at that scum.

Is nothing sacred?

Natives consider them sacred and do not kill them to collect the feathers.

Being Missouri, dude probably thought it was a turkey.

they are glorified turkey vultures. nothing more. they need to be managed just like every other predator

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
A farm I duck hunt on had 7 on it at one time. Needless to say, the duck hunting went to crap for two weeks until those forsaken birds left.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Vultures with white heads!! clean a catfish pond like a damn otter,,, WAY too many of these damned winged villians,, the niqqer of the bird world

I AM AMERICA!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
A farm I duck hunt on had 7 on it at one time. Needless to say, the duck hunting went to crap for two weeks until those forsaken birds left.
within 20 minutes of setting decoys on the river we will have an eagle in a tree near us or circling above. the duck hunting sucks now

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is an eagle nest 2000 feet from my house.
They start working on the nest in January.

When they fly over my house they leave on the roof what looks like 6 square inches of white paint.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by gitem_12
they should be giving out tags for the damned things
They should be classifed as varmints with no closed season right along with hawks and owls.
This x100.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

They should be classifed as varmints with no closed season right along with hawks and owls.

Yep. Well maybe give owls a pass for now. They've been around forever and I never seen the damage inflicted that the skyrocketing population of unregulated hawks and eagles do.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One was shot by a guy with a pellet rifle no less while flying near here last year. Local busybody took pic of car and it was posted in local paper. Guy turn himself in a couple of days later. Feds charged him, trial a few weeks ago. I believe it was $8ooo and 500 hrs community service. No jail time. they kept the gun.

NRA Patron Member

If its "Made in America", its not setting on a container ship!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Don't touch a feather.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

Yep. Well maybe give owls a pass for now. They've been around forever and I never seen the damage inflicted that the skyrocketing population of unregulated hawks and eagles do.
Owls play hell on rabbits around here. Nothing as efficient as striking from above and in the dark when rabbits move the most.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/12/24.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I've found rabbit fur and blood along with the wing prints of great horned owls in the snow many times over the years. Sometimes several such per season and once found two in one afternoon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've found rabbit fur and blood along with the wing prints of great horned owls in the snow many times over the years. Sometimes several such per season and once found two in one afternoon.
Great horned owls like slipping in the hen house door if one forgets to close it asap at/after dark.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Years ago I bought some little Easter colored Ducks for my four 2nd cousins age 5-8 years old.
A bird pretty sure it was a starling or english sparrow was trying to get them. Over the next couple of days I shot three of them with my CZ 452 17hmr. Sometimes I mis-identify birds but I'm pretty sure these were feral birds.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Craziest raptor encounter I ever had was coming back from squirrel hunting with a buddy that wanted to check his mom's vacated home that had been empty for a few weeks.

We walk around back to see a giant hole in one of the glass windows and assumed a kid threw a rock or something. We go inside to see a giant Red Tailed Hawk perched on the bay window curtain rod 😆

Buddy asks if he should shoot it and get it stuffed lol. I informed him of their protection status. It ended up flying onto the floor and he threw a beach towel over it and picked it up with fireplace tongs. Amazed me how calm it was but I also think it had been in their a while.

Set it out in the backyard and removed the towel and it took off and landed in a nearby tree. I had pics of it for a while.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I like our Red-tailed Hawks.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
One of those dang things got into the cyanide leach pad at a mine I worked at. The guys retrieved it and treated it with an ampule of amyl nitrate and put it in an orange box. I got our environmental guy to drive it into the raptor rehab center in SLC. All was going well until he rounded a bend and the sunlight was able to get through the little holes in the orange box and be seen by a now very revived eagle. It started hopping around and eventually knocked the lid off the orange box. My environmental guy then had a pissed off eagle riding shotgun in the pickup as he locked up the brakes and usassed the cab. The bird hopped out the open door and flew off. Problem solved - a reportable wildlife mortality, with a substantial fine was averted!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (907brass, AKislander, 300_savage, Anaconda, 8 invisible), 1,549 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,577
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.