Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by moosemike
I just wish I had access to the 6,000 Remlins they have in permanent storage. They acquired them in the acquisition and will not sell them because they are Remlins

Look for those to trickle out at a time convenient to Ruger.

Don't bother, they won't be marked as Remlins.
Won't be hard to get them up to Ruger standards.

Down to Ruger standards. The lowest in the industry.

Last edited by Bugger; 02/11/24.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
HR IC

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Well, IIRC the Prussian Army was carrying bolt actions before 1850, and there were designs made decades before that. You can dig into that more if you want….The lever was an American darling, while the bolt action was a European thing initially.
Had to be pinfire. Were they repeaters ?

No idea….but you could call falling blocks ‘lever actions’, too. Different debate. Again, it’s beside the point. ….but there’s a spelling bee after the Super Bowl.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
Im a little bit perplexed as to why Marlin is working on the .350 in a lever gun, as a good bit of the factory loads aren't flat tipped.

Actually he did address that. They working on a spiral fluted magazine similar to Remington 14/141. As odd as that is he said they are also working on a model 1894 Marlin in 9mm Luger. His reasoning was because none of the legislation currently out there goes after tubular magazines and they could have a 20 shot repeater

Ok I was wrong. This is even dumber. Who the hell are they hiring to make these decisions?

They claim it as being "innovation". They want to go in new directions with the brand. Maybe they'll find these ideas to be impractical? I was wrong when I said "he said they need to see 25,000 rounds on the market before they'll chamber a cartridge". My Son corrected me. He said what the man actually said was "they need a commitment from an ammo manufacturer for 25,000 rounds before they'll chamber a cartridge". That's why they're not interested in the 360 Buckhammer, there's no commitment to producing 25,000 rounds

Innovation like the tacti-cool skeleton stock and AR style hand guards and threaded muzzles? Call me old but someone needs castrated for that abortion. I’m sorry but just look at the prices the old JM guns bring and tell me why they need to reinvent the brand? Yes Remington screwed the pooch while they owned it but it looks to me like Ruger’s going to do the same thing if there’s any truth to the BS that rep was giving you. Rant off.

Well they have big plans but he made it clear as a company Marlin is still in its please the shareholders phase

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I didn’t intend for folks to get lost in the sauce, merely to point out the POV discrepancies/angst when new choices happen. Some folks get upset at being offered more choices firearms. I’m not sure why, but it is.
It's nice to have choices no doubt.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver
Im a little bit perplexed as to why Marlin is working on the .350 in a lever gun, as a good bit of the factory loads aren't flat tipped.

Actually he did address that. They working on a spiral fluted magazine similar to Remington 14/141. As odd as that is he said they are also working on a model 1894 Marlin in 9mm Luger. His reasoning was because none of the legislation currently out there goes after tubular magazines and they could have a 20 shot repeater

Ok I was wrong. This is even dumber. Who the hell are they hiring to make these decisions?

They claim it as being "innovation". They want to go in new directions with the brand. Maybe they'll find these ideas to be impractical? I was wrong when I said "he said they need to see 25,000 rounds on the market before they'll chamber a cartridge". My Son corrected me. He said what the man actually said was "they need a commitment from an ammo manufacturer for 25,000 rounds before they'll chamber a cartridge". That's why they're not interested in the 360 Buckhammer, there's no commitment to producing 25,000 rounds

Innovation like the tacti-cool skeleton stock and AR style hand guards and threaded muzzles? Call me old but someone needs castrated for that abortion. I’m sorry but just look at the prices the old JM guns bring and tell me why they need to reinvent the brand? Yes Remington screwed the pooch while they owned it but it looks to me like Ruger’s going to do the same thing if there’s any truth to the BS that rep was giving you. Rant off.

Well they have big plans but he made it clear as a company Marlin is still in its please the shareholders phase

As they should be.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, IIRC the Prussian Army was carrying bolt actions before 1850, and there were designs made decades before that. You can dig into that more if you want….The lever was an American darling, while the bolt action was a European thing initially.
Had to be pinfire. Were they repeaters ? I like both lever and bolt action rifles and have about an equal number of each in my safes.

Dreyse needle guns. Single shot. Used IIRC a paper cartridge. The “needle” firing pin punched through the cartridge to strike a cap at the base of the bullet. Quite revolutionary, and probably started or at least inflamed an arms race in Yurrup. YouTuber Cap and Ball shoots a lot of those early breechloaders and get some surprisingly good results. Some, like the Werndl, were pretty good rifles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreyse_needle_gun

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Had to be pinfire. Were they repeaters ? I like both lever and bolt action rifles and have about an equal number of each in my safes.

Dreyse needle guns. Single shot. Used IIRC a paper cartridge. The “needle” firing pin punched through the cartridge to strike a cap at the base of the bullet. Quite revolutionary, and probably started or at least inflamed an arms race in Yurrup. YouTuber Cap and Ball shoots a lot of those early breechloaders and get some surprisingly good results. Some, like the Werndl, were pretty good rifles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreyse_needle_gun
Ahhh yes, I had heard of those. Forgot about them. Memory getting bad with advancing age. Clicked your link. Ugly damn thing and only a single shot. I believe the lever action was the first repeating rifle using self contained metallic catridges.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would be interested in a Trapper model with a straight stock in a 444 caliber. In a walnut stock.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go

Oscar Wilde~~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.