Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I will be purchasing a new scope for my Sako L46 .222 this coming week. I plan to use the original rings that are on the 1963 gun. The gun is used for coyote hunting and currently wears a Weaver K10 my grandfather used for woodchucks. BTW, any idea on the value of that scope? If I had to choose a scope today, I would go with the Zeiss Conquest 3-9X for $400 at Cabelas. I've been a fan of the older Nikon Monarch's in the past as well. My question would be, are there any new scopes out there that have surpased this model of Zeiss in quality and value? Any favorites I should look at in the $300 to $450 range?

Thank you

Pike County Hunter
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Depending on condition, reticle, and series of that Weaver, $200 is possible as to value.

For the money, I can't see going with a 3-9x.... but that's just me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Q- I see you haven't been around all that long so I will let you in on something. Your question is the lifeblood of this optics forum and the prophesied argument about to unfold from your asking it is the very wellspring for its existence. Meaning - you are about to start the same old sh*t storm all over again. Prepare for five pages of hot opinions that will at time turn into personal feuds slightly off topic and with absolute certainty, at least at one point, foment multiple derision towards at one guy here you will affectionately come to know as "Eremicus". My brief, direct answer to your question, as succinctly I can now put it is this: The Conquest is worth the money. Simple as that. You may proceed.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Q- I see you haven't been around all that long so I will let you in on something. Your question is the lifeblood of this optics forum and the prophesied argument about to unfold from your asking it is the very wellspring for its existence. Meaning - you are about to start the same old sh*t storm all over again. Prepare for five pages of hot opinions that will at time turn into personal feuds slightly off topic and with absolute certainty, at least at one point, foment multiple derision towards at one guy here you will affectionately come to know as "Eremicus". My brief, direct answer to your question, as succinctly I can now put it is this: The Conquest is worth the money. Simple as that. You may proceed.

+1

Regards,

Tom
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Add another one to that tally....

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree, you cant go wrong with the Conquest

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by timmy0283
I agree, you cant go wrong with the Conquest

Didn't add the count to the tally to support the Conquest; only to say, yep, here we go again....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can't go wrong with the conquest,unless of course you are "E". grin

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Since you have your eye on the Conquest I'd say that would be a good choice, Cameraland however will beat Cabelas prices. Great scope for the money! I don't think anything out there will outperform a Conquest for 400 dollars, but you could save money and get a nice scope for about 300 also.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People are entitled to their own opinion. If someone doesn't like the Conquest then thats their opinion.

Tim

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
It's not the fact that they are entitled to it that is the problem.....

Stick around; you'll see soon enough.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There are many excellent choices in my opinion. I was a volunteer at a outdoor show this weekend & had the opportunity to look thru a number of scopes. Obviously the S&B,Zeiss(European),& Swarovski were fantastic. I was impressed with the Nikon Monark,IOR,& Trijicon as scopes I'm not familiar with. That said I am slowly switching my rifles to the Zeiss Conquest. For the money very hard to beat. I use Doug @ Camerland for purchases. You can't go wrong with this combination. Just for the bashing to come I have & will continue to use Leupold on some rifles. Obviously, a fine scope.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Keep your eye on the classifieds here a 3-9x40 Conquest went for I believe $320.......helluva deal.

As to my opinion...........I am still new and learning here so I can't add anything!!!

I can add that The guys at Cameraland are good people to deal with!!!

Last edited by rahtreelimbs; 01/06/08.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have replaced all of my Leupolds with the Zeiss Conquest.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh, I've seen it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Help me out here...........

I have looked thru a Conquest and I am impressed with the brightness and clarity that it has. What can be found wrong with it..........what am I missing???

Don't need to wait for "E"!!!

Last edited by rahtreelimbs; 01/06/08.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
When I wrote my initial post I thought I may get a lot of responses, like spend a few bucks more and get a Leupold VX-III. Its nice to see that the Zeiss is well thought of.

I enjoy this board, lots of activity and good information, compared to other forums. I have been a reader first for about 3 years. I just don't post that much.

Thanks guys for the help.

Pike County Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Z conquest from Cameraland.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What can be found wrong with it..........what am I missing???

Nothing other than the conquest is a few ounces heavier.But you aren't E.He will tell you what your eyes are supposed to see,not what you mistakenly think you see with your own eyes. grin

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Here is a question about the Conquest. I read a lot about the "Z" reticle....what is that and what other reticles does Zeiss have???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 17CalFan, 160user, 16penny, 50 invisible), 2,833 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,421
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.