Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Three of us shared a room in manassas , the guy who slept on the roll out got ate alive
Me and the other guy , not a bite .
Rolled his sheets back in the roll out , a shiet ton of them , why they weren’t in the rest of the room I have no idea
Called front desk and asked them to come up , showed the bastards to him and got a new room
Thouroughly inspected the next room and it was clean
Kenneth

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Are Bed Bugs free range Crabs?

<Much worse. Crabs/lice are a pita but easy to get "rid" of.

Bed bugs, not as easy. Our town had an infestation several years ago. We didnt get them, but it was something everyone was talking about. kids putting backpacks in trash bags to and from school. It got nuts.

Ground zero was supposedly a pakistani family in town. spread to friends. School. Etc. Lots of people had to deal with it.
Word was the exterminator said it was the worst he'd seen.

Gives me the willies, and I dont willy easily.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I was in a Holiday Inn in Victor , NY and got several bites

I told them they had bed bugs , manager got all offended and told me I was lying.

came home and put my clothes in the dryer and steamed them

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by EFHutton
Anyone ever had bed bugs in the house, found one last night.. I had a friend that works for a pest control company stop by and look around , didn’t find any but he recommended a treatment ,,expensive to say the least. My house is spotless so that’s not a problem
Stop living in filth. LOL. Just kidding. Good luck getting rid of them. Never had them, myself, knock on wood.

PS Prior to us ceasing enforcement of our immigration laws vis a vis our southern border, bed bugs in the US had entered the realm of fairy tales. Most Americans used to think they were a fictional concept.

Yep, that and TB. We should thank Buzztail, Jell-O, Gayghost, Houstless and open borders.

I wonder how many thousands of professional terrorists have come in with the 10 -12 million illegals who have entered the last 3 years.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddy of mine is the president of a pest control company. He installs heaters in a house keeps it at an elevated temp for some proscribed amount of time to kill them.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by KFWA
I was in a Holiday Inn in Victor , NY and got several bites

I told them they had bed bugs , manager got all offended and told me I was lying.

came home and put my clothes in the dryer and steamed them

We haven't had them yet (knock on wood) and we travel a lot. Good idea about steaming. We will start steaming our luggage before it ever enters the house from now on.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I work in an ER. We get at least 1-2 patients covered up with them every week. We see on average 180 patients a day. Some of our regulars we just decon every time they come in.....

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I travel a lot for a living. I stay in nice hotels. That being said, I have a very specific protocol of where I set my bags and dirty laundry. Additionally, I pull back covers and corners to assess. I stayed in one place where when I woke up, I had bites, blood streaks on the sheets and a couple dead bugs. Never had a problem beyond that.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by cisco1
If you cook meth in the house it will rid the joint of bed bugs.

No it won't.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
The only thing that I can think of, that's worse than Bed Bugs in bed...

Is Cockroaches.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We were through Pendleton, OR at Christmas. We checked into a motel and found the room crawling with cockroaches. We got a different room but quick and gave it a close inspection before we moved in. I notified the county health dept. the next day. They were VERY interested to hear my story. I'll bet the motel got an inspection before the day was over.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
I work in an ER. We get at least 1-2 patients covered up with them every week. We see on average 180 patients a day. Some of our regulars we just decon every time they come in.....

So what do you do/use to decon them?

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
When I was in the crack house narcotics unit we had a washer and dryer in the garage of our office. Changed and washed our black BDU’s there. Bed bugs are bad in shidty areas of central Ohio.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the infestation is still fairly isolated you could try Permethrin at the same concentration used in anti-tick sprays. We had an infestation several years ago (probably road home in my wife's things after a hospital stay). We stripped the bed, washed the bed clothes, and sprayed the mattress and box springs with Permethrin. I also sprayed the carpet around the bed, and along the walls. It took care of the problem right away. The Permethrin will keep killing bugs for around a year, so any eggs that may hatch will be taken care of.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bifenthrin !

E
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
If the infestation is still fairly isolated you could try Permethrin at the same concentration used in anti-tick sprays. We had an infestation several years ago (probably road home in my wife's things after a hospital stay). We stripped the bed, washed the bed clothes, and sprayed the mattress and box springs with Permethrin. I also sprayed the carpet around the bed, and along the walls. It took care of the problem right away. The Permethrin will keep killing bugs for around a year, so any eggs that may hatch will be taken care of.
This sounds good, I treat my turkey hunting clothes every spring with this, had another guy top by this afternoon, he went over everything thoroughly, didn’t find much at all, but worked out a deal with him to take care of it for me.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Got the [bleep] bit out of me by bed bugs at the holiday inn in Riverton WY.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have any DUMBFUKKS recommended DE or boric acid yet?

JFC

Crank up the thermostat high as it will go, move out for about 3 days.

Call a professional

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smallfry
I travel a lot for a living. I stay in nice hotels. That being said, I have a very specific protocol of where I set my bags and dirty laundry. Additionally, I pull back covers and corners to assess. I stayed in one place where when I woke up, I had bites, blood streaks on the sheets and a couple dead bugs. Never had a problem beyond that.

I started that as well - keeping my luggage off the floor , dirty clothes folded on top of the dresser

Stayed at an Embassy Suites once, pulled the mattress back to check for bed bugs, found a moldy half eaten pizza.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
It is not easy to getrid of them, we bought a crib from my daughters friend years ago for the grandbaby, well it had them on it, and i was told heat was the only way. Well i got my 2 construction blow heaters and gotthe room so hot we couldnt stand it and thought we were ok. Well nope they came back. A friend was an exterminator and said they hide behind the light switchs and plugs ,get behind baseboards and you gotta cover your mattresses with plastic and duct tape for a minimum one year or burn it. So i ripped out carpet opened all switch covers pulled the base and trim got the heaters back out and got it so hot the plantation blinds melted. Then my friend gave me something to spray all around when it was all done and they are gone. It was very discouraging and made us feel just nasty. I wouldnt wish them things on anyone.

Be reasonable. Do it my way!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.