G
Wow

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A while back we were talking about dirt tracks and stock cars.
I mentioned most guy using sheets of cellophane on full face helmets.
They’re called “tare offs”. When somebody in front spins mud through the wire screen windshield, you pull off the top layer of cellophane so you can see again.
My buddy always joked about having “tare offs” for your shorts sometimes.
This instant drives home that point. I’m glad he was able to save it, but I’ll bet he wrecked his shorts!😀
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He even won the race.

Life is good live it while you can.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
He even won the race.

He was actually DQ'd for crossing the centerline. That is why you see the win lights flashing on the left lane scoreboard.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice recovery, that parachute saved his @$$.

Your life is made up of two dates and a dash, Make the most of the dash.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
clean up on lane two! and bring new underwear!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
That was nothin’. Wanna see it again? 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
"Hold my beer and watch THIS!"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't believe he was that airborne for that long. I'm sure that driver wished that he had adult diapers as part of his race day wardrobe.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cruz Pedregon stuck this one in his 10,000 horsepower Funny Car at 218 mph.
Awesome..

Last edited by Salmonella; 02/16/24.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Double lucky!😀he avoided catastrophe, and the right lane smoked the tires!
What was it Petty said about racing?
“I’d rather be lucky than good!”😀
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Double lucky!😀he avoided catastrophe, and the right lane smoked the tires!
What was it Petty said about racing?
“I’d rather be lucky than good!”😀
Reon
He also said if you aren't cheating you're not racing.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was that Petty? I thought Smokey Yunick said that! 😀
Smokey was quite the innovator!

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 02/16/24.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That drogue chute saved his ass…and his car. He kept his wits about him enough to let the chute go at the right time.

I worked on the medic unit at SIR, Seattle International Raceway, back in the 90’s moonlighting on the weekends I wasn’t on shift at the station. It was a lot of fun even though I’m really not into racing, mostly because it was never boring and oftentimes it was a hell of a lot of trauma experience condensed into a beautiful sunny weekend at the racetrack. There was rarely a weekend when we didn’t airlift someone from the track to Harborview….thanks to the street bike racers. There’s something fundamentally different about the work there compared to being called out of the station. Even though trauma is trauma and it gets treated exactly the same way it was different because most of the time we SAW the accident as it happened and we watched the patient as they flew through the air or got run over or whatever the case may be. When we were called out of the station we got a short report (if we were lucky) from 911 dispatch and we had a rough idea of what we were facing but when you watch it happen you immediately know that what you’re gonna see is gonna be ugly and you don’t have time to “mentally prepare” yourself for what you’re going to do and see.

With the top fuel funny cars and the drag racing cars they were pretty stout with the roll bars, 5 point restraints etc so our concerns were a little different, mostly because fire was a factor and the injuries to the drivers were usually less severe. The street bike races however were crazy. I saw guys doing 110mph++ lose control on a turn and slide, in their leathers thankfully, that suffered little injury. I saw guys lose control on a turn going much slower and they would suffer grave injuries so there was no predicting how they fared until we got there and assessed their injuries.

Far and away the most difficult assignment were the kid’s racing dirt bikes. The difficulty was not seeing the kids hurt, although there was nothing “fun” about that, because their injuries were not “serious”…usually a broken bone or deep lacerations or road rash or a combination of those things. The difficult part of the kids dirt bike races were the ass hole fathers who had ZERO compassion or empathy for their injured son. Rarely did I or my crew ever have to deal harshly with “bystanders” whether parents or “friends”, even if the genesis of the injuries were from mutual combat we didn’t usually have problems with them. The parents of kids who rode motorcross were different. I had several “fathers” hauled off the track despite the fact that it was their son laying there injured. They would curse their boy and call him a pussy, a wimp, a worthless son of a bitch who shouldn’t be racing and every other miserable example of bad parenting one can imagine. The poor kid would be laying there with an obvious broken arm or an open compound tib/fib fracture and the bastard father would be screaming and insulting his boy. I can keep my cool and my emotions under control in the worst situations but I lost my sh.it a couple of times at the inhuman behavior and child abuse/neglect/endangerment that I witnessed firsthand. I was much younger then and my understanding of human behavior was pretty thin. I’ve always tended to have rose colored glasses and an optimistic outlook but those motorcross races were my first real exposure, face to face exposure, to evil. There is just no other word to describe the guys who reacted the way those dipshits reacted to their son being “seriously” injured and the words they unleashed on them…EVIL!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SBTCO
To Infinity and Beyond!

That's incredible.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Smokey Yunick. That dude made cheating an art form. One shouldn't admire a cheater but you couldn't help but respect his genius. Ha. He made a game of it. Half the time he was cheating and they knew it, but it would take them 2 months to figure out, or find out how. And when they did it was just another feather in his cap of a long list of noteworthy and historical stories.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've seen these videos before- crazy air-time in the Camaro.

The engine in the green mustang is a 5.0 coyote built by RealStreet Performance. It makes 2500-3000HP on a hub dyno depending on how high they turn it up. It's a factory block.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

An extra-long, extra-wide fuel line was another trick. At ten feet long and two inches in diameter—nearly four times wider than standard—Yunick’s clever feed line from tank to carburetor held just enough extra gas to let a car stay out, running a bit longer, when everyone else had to pit. NASCAR eventually caught that one, too.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44mc, B52RadarNav, AussieGunWriter, 10Glocks, 35, 10 invisible), 1,408 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,245
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.