Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Want to warn anyone planning to deal with CSMC, or Galazan, or Standard, or whatever they are calling themselves about the crap way I was treated after they had my money. They were advertising a "Fox "A" SXS they had made for Savage on sale for $3200. Pictures looked good, ordered one and it came right away. Looked like everything I wanted, though the engraving is more Sterlingworth than A. This was March 2023. Took it to a ham shoot, next day and didn't hit where I aimed, so that afternoon I benched it at 20 yards. Point of impact was a shocking 10 inches left from point of aim from the left bbl, and about 6 inches left from the right bbl. I called next day and was told I needed a repair number before sending it in. Numerous calls and emails and it took a month to get the number. Cost me over $50. to send it, and they had it a month before I got it back. Test fired it again and it was now about 6" left with both bbls, and tried all the chokes. At 20 yds I would miss a turkey head with full choke. I even brought another SXS to the range and shot it the same way just to be sure it wasn't me ! No problem there . Three more weeks of phone calls and emails and I finally got autherized to send it back. Both times I sent it with targets . That was August 11, calls and emails were all ignored until mid January, when I got an email that it would be sent "next week" 10 days later it came. Took it to the range , and it was back to the first POI, 10" & 6" left of POI. I have never been treated so rudely in my life. Calls are handled by Ray & Jay who cheerfully promise to pass it on. Manager "Rich Wilson" won't take calls only emails and doesn't answer them. I've given up on them and will have to sell it and take a hit, or try to cure the problem with Brileys eccentric chokes. I have spoken to them and when I can get a decent day will shoot some patterns and ship that and the bbl and see if they can help. I was taken in by all the glossy adds but should have delved deeper into some other sites as I see there are quite a few unhappy customers. I have posted this on the Shotgun forum, but I know there are a lot of readers here I want to warn NEVER BUY FROM CSMC !!!

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had a CSMC 20 ga Launch. But sold it only because I just didn’t shoot it much. It performed as it should. However, on shotgunworld.com there are lots of un happy owners of CSMC shotguns. Very expensive and great looking guns that have lots of problems and poor service.
I’ll sure not buy another.

NRA Patron
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’m in the market, so thanks for the warning.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My Standard Manufacturing SA 45 Colt is perfection.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Masshunter,

You're not the first person burned by Tony Galazan, this routine goes back years, their great up front then after they receive your money all customer issues go south. Tony's team plays games and waits you out and you eventually just go away. Tony doesn't care about his reputation or even going to court over his actions. He was sued by a wealthy New Yorker over a fake $125,000 Parker shotgun. Tony new it was a fake wouldn't settle with the buyer so case went to court. The Judge advised Tony's lawyer he better settle this or he would loose badly. Tony took the Parker back and seller was refunded. Tony will not budge 1 inch unless by a judge and very few take their issues that route and walk away.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Yote_Dog
Masshunter,

You're not the first person burned by Tony Galazan, this routine goes back years, their great up front then after they receive your money all customer issues go south. Tony's team plays games and waits you out and you eventually just go away. Tony doesn't care about his reputation or even going to court over his actions. He was sued by a wealthy New Yorker over a fake $125,000 Parker shotgun. Tony new it was a fake wouldn't settle with the buyer so case went to court. The Judge advised Tony's lawyer he better settle this or he would loose badly. Tony took the Parker back and seller was refunded. Tony will not budge 1 inch unless by a judge and very few take their issues that route and walk away.

Tonu Galazan sounds like a real piece of schit.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Don't know how they are still in business !

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wanna see the chambers on my Inverness? Looks like a 10 year old had a hay day with a Dremel. I know of 7-10 CSMC guns purchased by friends/family, and every single one has issues. Had my Inverness not been purchased using the previous buyer discount in the initial run of guns, I’d be pissed. For the $3400 it cost, it works, but I’ll never buy another CSMC. Hell, even their butt pad for my custom Kimber rifle has broken. You need to put their name in the title so more people see this.

Last edited by jetjockey; 02/16/24.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
This is their first paragraph in their terms of service agreement

1. I agree that there are no cancellations, refunds or returns for new and used firearms. All sales are final. Furthermore, I acknowledge that merchandise sold under the Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company name are also not returnable. I understand that any firearms or other merchandise manufactured by a third-party may have a warranty. I acknowledge that It is solely my responsibility to pursue this matter with the third-party manufacturer, not Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company

Followed by a bunch of legal paragraphs this is the last paragraph :

23. By continuing to use this site, I electronically represent ("sign") that I agree to each and every enumerated term above and further certify that I have read and agree entirely to be legally bound by the Connecticut Manufacturing Company Terms and Conditions

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EdM
Are they the same company?

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sound like to me they dotted the " I " and crossed all there " T " ......

Bought a Sabatti Model 92 Deluxe rifle from Cabalas when they first got them....would rank them as the biggest piece of junk made....fired shells expanded so much it was like a different caliber cartridge and shot all over the target....took it back did a little talking and got a full refund....don't know if I did it today with the new owners I would get the same results.....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Seems to me you need to take a trip to the factory with your gun and confront them face to face, but even that will probably result in not resolving the problem because they have dotted the "I" and crossed the "T", but you can get it off your chest. On way out the door, drop the gun in the trash can and call it a day. I would not want to sell it off to anyone knowing it is defective and could not be fixed usless replacing the barrel and they evidentially will not do that.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Not good

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I just looked at their Facebook reviews. This is common for them.

The BBB is equally unflattering. F Rated. You should file a BBB complaint.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I just looked at their Facebook reviews. This is common for them.

The BBB is equally unflattering. F Rated. You should file a BBB complaint.

That, and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Check your small claims court rules and get a judgement. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by EdM
Are they the same company?

Yes. I had Alan Harton make a set of one piece grips for it and, while apart, requested that he check the hardness on all internals. All were perfect. He was very impressed with the build quality.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know there are some good attorneys here that understand firearms, maybe it's time for a class action suit against this company. Would it be possible to find as many customers that have been ripped off as possible thru sites like this then bring suit for their customer list?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Webley & Scott Model 700 of Birmingham, England, manufactured 1970 #14xxx; 20 ga SxS with canvas and leather hard case. Barrels are approximately 28”, choked F/F. Has not been fired. $4500.00 incl. shipping

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

PM for further discussion, price is not negotiable.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Beautiful gun Dan. Worth the money in todays play money. It's a shame to hear that Galzan and CSMC is not legit. Years ago I almost fell in love with an OU they advertised. It's a shame that no one makes honest and well made copies of iconic firearms today. Parker, Fox, LeFever, LC Smith and others. Always wanted a good Remington Model 32.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Ain't never herd of 'em

https://connecticutshotgun.co/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

268 members (257 mag, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 257robertsimp, 28 invisible), 1,837 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,167
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.